IGNORED

Email required

Robbored

Today in the busy supporters club pre match I found a long queue for the bar, staffed by one young lady - alone. 

I and others mentioned this to Supporters Club & trust committee member and we were advised to email MKelly to bring this shambles to his attention but I’m unable to find his email address on the OS.

Does anyone know his email address?

We have had two staff every game until today so far this season, I can only guess that with the rugby on Friday they struggled to get enough staff in for today as well. You’re right, she was completely rushed off her feet. 

You could copy in Dave the sports bar manager as well. Dave.Gorwill@ashtongate.co.uk 

Another after-effect from Friday was that many of the chairs from the coffee shop had been moved into the Sports Bar on Friday and not returned leaving very few in the coffee shop.

As a regular customer of the coffee shop which is frequented by a good percentage of elders it was frustrating arriving over 2 hours before the game and having to stand with so many other regular customers. Not a good way to treat your regular customers.

22 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Another after-effect from Friday was that many of the chairs from the coffee shop had been moved into the Sports Bar on Friday and not returned leaving very few in the coffee shop.

As a regular customer of the coffee shop which is frequented by a good percentage of elders it was frustrating arriving over 2 hours before the game and having to stand with so many other regular customers. Not a good way to treat your regular customers.

yeah and quite a few empty plastic pint glasses and junk tucked away through out the stadium. I guess they are not used to such a large clear up operation after the rugby (though some blame to fans, for stowing/hiding their crap)

While you’re at it can you ask them why with 30 minutes to kick off they’d ran out of bottled water?

And why the queue was so long in the shop after the game?

Or why they’d ran out of Os and 0s? We couldn’t get our names and numbers printed on our shirts.

Never mind coming from behind and winning 4-1. Christ no. Far more things to email about....

We’re never happy ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

We have had two staff every game until today so far this season, I can only guess that with the rugby on Friday they struggled to get enough staff in for today as well. You’re right, she was completely rushed off her feet. 

You could copy in Dave the sports bar manager as well. Dave.Gorwill@ashtongate.co.uk 

Marie, back in the day, if the supporters club staff were rushed off their feet, one or two club members could pop behind the bar and help out. Isn't this allowed anymore? 

16 minutes ago, megansdad said:

probably tired out from swerving throughout  game on Friday. Meaning a constant stream of people up and down from their seats which detracted from an otherwise excellent evening.

You will only stop the "constant stream" going to and from if the sale of refreshments is closed while the match is in progress.

It's not cheap to go to any football or rugby match so if one wishes to consume alcohol for approx two hours of a game, why not just go to a pub? 

Those who continually visit the toilet and bar during a game are just a nuisance to those who are there to enjoy the match. But it seems that the revenue from all the refreshment sales is necessary to balance the books. Sad! The match is becoming a secondary event to the boozing.

I love rugby and football but am really glad that at football we're able to watch the match instead of having our view obliterated every few minutes.

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s not rocket science to plan for the holiday season but it seems it didn’t occur to them....

No you are right  rocket science is all about jet propulsion if you want to plan for the holiday get hold of a scout, brownie or guide leader 

33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

While you’re at it can you ask them why with 30 minutes to kick off they’d ran out of bottled water?

And why the queue was so long in the shop after the game?

Or why they’d ran out of Os and 0s? We couldn’t get our names and numbers printed on our shirts.

Never mind coming from behind and winning 4-1. Christ no. Far more things to email about....

We’re never happy ?

We are fans of course but we’re customers as well and I for one expect acceptable customer service.

Having our loyalty taken for granted sticks in my craw and there are times when the club treat us with no respect.

Today in the SC bar was just one example and the failure of the club to fix the  PA system in the Dolman after two years is another example.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We are fans of course but we’re customers as well and I for one expect acceptable customer service.

Having our loyalty taken for granted sticks in my craw and there are times when the club treat us with no respect.

Today in the SC bar was just one example and the failure of the club to fix the  PA system in the Dolman after two years is another example.

You wil be pleased to know it is not just you...unless of course it is...

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16397889

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Anyone else requested to show their tickets to stewards after going through the turnstiles?

Yes, for the first time ever going into the Lansdown. I ignored him, but it was starting to cause an issue. Seems stupid.  By all means have stewards at the top of the steps to guide people who don't know where they are going, but at the bottom causing a bottleneck? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwhat is that all about?

3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yes, for the first time ever going into the Lansdown. I ignored him, but it was starting to cause an issue. Seems stupid.  By all means have stewards at the top of the steps to guide people who don't know where they are going, but at the bottom causing a bottleneck? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwhat is that all about?

I’ve edited your post for the correct tagging. Just trying to help as I don’t think Matt reads every post and unless he is highlighted he might have missed it. He should see it now. 

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You will only stop the "constant stream" going to and from if the sale of refreshments is closed while the match is in progress.

It's not cheap to go to any football or rugby match so if one wishes to consume alcohol for approx two hours of a game, why not just go to a pub? 

Those who continually visit the toilet and bar during a game are just a nuisance to those who are there to enjoy the match. But it seems that the revenue from all the refreshment sales is necessary to balance the books. Sad! The match is becoming a secondary event to the boozing.

I love rugby and football but am really glad that at football we're able to watch the match instead of having our view obliterated every few minutes.

Rugby is mental for drinking, people getting up and down. My Friday experience was 20 minutes into the game 3 people arrived next to me clutching 2pint cider jugs each, almost the whole row had to get up to let them to their seats. They stayed about 15 minutes which was just before HT when they decided to go and get more cider. They returned 10 mins after HT. 20 mins after that one of them needed the toilet so everyone had to let him out and return again. They all then left just before the end. I think it was 6 times they disturbed the row, doesn’t sound a lot but bloody frustrating all the same. No doubt they missed some of the game, and probably caused many around them to do so too. 

Regarding staffing, there were 3 events on in Bristol over the weekend, I doubt if many could work all 3 days so maybe that’s why there were shortages. 

Archived