IGNORED

Email required

Robbored

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given that alcohol in the stand by which I mean in view of the pitch is a licensing offence...wouldn't give the club ideas tbh.

:thumbsup:

My point is, if someone wants to smuggle alcohol into the stadium, having stewards checking people's tickets isn't going to solve it.

The guy I sit next to was told by the steward, that it was to make sure people sat in the right seats. Once the stewards saw his ticket, he was 'allowed' to proceed up the steps and up to his seat. Now if he chose to sit in the wrong set, who is checking on that?

The ticket check is pointless.

21 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yes, for the first time ever going into the Lansdown. I ignored him, but it was starting to cause an issue. Seems stupid.  By all means have stewards at the top of the steps to guide people who don't know where they are going, but at the bottom causing a bottleneck? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwhat is that all about?

W16/17?

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

My point is, if someone wants to smuggle alcohol into the stadium, having stewards checking people's tickets isn't going to solve it.

The guy I sit next to was told by the steward, that it was to make sure people sat in the right seats. Once the stewards saw his ticket, he was 'allowed' to proceed up the steps and up to his seat. Now if he chose to sit in the wrong set, who is checking on that?

Probably just checking people are in the right stand, eg ‘cheap’ seats of the South Stand can’t be purchased and people go and sit in the expensive Lansdown blocks.

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Surely they are checking for alcohol too though? 

Was my assumed reason why they were placed there. I don't see sneaking in a bit of alcohol in a bottle with a mixer say as especially serious at all- people will always find a way anyway.

I'm sure Matt Parsons will reveal all anyway.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Rugby is mental for drinking, people getting up and down. My Friday experience was 20 minutes into the game 3 people arrived next to me clutching 2pint cider jugs each, almost the whole row had to get up to let them to their seats. They stayed about 15 minutes which was just before HT when they decided to go and get more cider. They returned 10 mins after HT. 20 mins after that one of them needed the toilet so everyone had to let him out and return again. They all then left just before the end. I think it was 6 times they disturbed the row, doesn’t sound a lot but bloody frustrating all the same. No doubt they missed some of the game, and probably caused many around them to do so too. 

Regarding staffing, there were 3 events on in Bristol over the weekend, I doubt if many could work all 3 days so maybe that’s why there were shortages. 

Exactly why I’m glad there is no drinking allowed during Football. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think the fact we aren’t allowed too, is a complete disgrace, but I’m glad that it is the rule. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Probably just checking people are in the right stand, eg ‘cheap’ seats of the South Stand can’t be purchased and people go and sit in the expensive Lansdown blocks.

A problem I had the other week was not having my ticket on me.

The wife always keeps our tickets in her handbag. Hers, mine and the boys. It's the safest thing to do. Anyway, whilst my wife went to the toilet, the boy and me went to sit in our seats. When asked to show our tickets, we obviously couldn't. The steward was saying we couldn't go past him without our tickets.

We ignored him and carried on to our seats. When my wife finally joined us, she told us he had stopped checking people's tickets.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly why I’m glad there is no drinking allowed during Football. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think the fact we aren’t allowed too, is a complete disgrace, but I’m glad that it is the rule. 

Would be good if there were a compromise. You can bring alcohol to your seat but you must be in position before the match starts. Any alcohol after that can only be drunk in the concourses, this would stop the rush of people leaving before HT and trying to get back before the match starts again with alcohol. 

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Rugby is mental for drinking, people getting up and down. My Friday experience was 20 minutes into the game 3 people arrived next to me clutching 2pint cider jugs each, almost the whole row had to get up to let them to their seats. They stayed about 15 minutes which was just before HT when they decided to go and get more cider. They returned 10 mins after HT. 20 mins after that one of them needed the toilet so everyone had to let him out and return again. They all then left just before the end. I think it was 6 times they disturbed the row, doesn’t sound a lot but bloody frustrating all the same. No doubt they missed some of the game, and probably caused many around them to do so too. 

Regarding staffing, there were 3 events on in Bristol over the weekend, I doubt if many could work all 3 days so maybe that’s why there were shortages. 

To be brutally honest, I don’t see the problem. 

If the row were disturbed 6 times then I’d guess you probably had to stand up out of your seat for approximately 18 seconds out of the 80+ minutes of rugby.

Obviously if this meant you missed some great action on the pitch then you might be perturbed, but let’s be honest, it’s not really that much of a problem. And it’s what a rugby crowd do - if you want to attend rugby, expect this. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, myol'man said:

Marie, back in the day, if the supporters club staff were rushed off their feet, one or two club members could pop behind the bar and help out. Isn't this allowed anymore? 

After the Forest game the lad behind the bar walked off, luckily someone who shall remain nameless poured pints and took money (wasn't stood behind the bar area) until a Manager was able to get upstairs and take over

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

To be brutally honest, I don’t see the problem. 

If the row were disturbed 6 times then I’d guess you probably had to stand up out of your seat for approximately 18 seconds out of the 80+ minutes of rugby.

Obviously if this meant you missed some great action on the pitch then you might be perturbed, but let’s be honest, it’s not really that much of a problem. And it’s what a rugby crowd do - if you want to attend rugby, expect this. 

I was really pointing out the differences from football, mainly due to being able to bring alcohol to your seat. No doubt if alcohol was allowed at football there would be lots of complaints about being showered in it when we scored too. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

That would be fine if every steward was checking tickets and it occurred at every game, but that's not the case.

I sent my boy down to the concourse to get a hot dog at around 1:10pm and he was asked to show his ticket on the way back to his seat. The steward said he had to see his ticket......so my boy had to use steps further along and walk back to his seat that way.

When I went to speak to the steward, he was letting people walk in without asking to see their tickets.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That would be fine if every steward was checking tickets and it occurred at every game, but that's not the case.

I sent my boy down to the concourse to get a hot dog at around 1:10pm and he was asked to show his ticket on the way back to his seat. The steward said he had to see his ticket......so my boy had to use steps further along and walk back to his seat that way.

When I went to speak to the steward, he was letting people walk in without asking to see their tickets.

Have had similar experiences as some already mentioned.

Usual lack of consistency as expected.

on a couple of occasions I have refused and just walked in, simply because I have seen others just walk past the stewards.

If the worry is people sitting in the posh seats then why not check the tickets of those already sat down?

15 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

While you’re at it can you ask them why with 30 minutes to kick off they’d ran out of bottled water?

And why the queue was so long in the shop after the game?

Or why they’d ran out of Os and 0s? We couldn’t get our names and numbers printed on our shirts.

Never mind coming from behind and winning 4-1. Christ no. Far more things to email about....

We’re never happy ?

No 0's?  Had they run out of fork handles as well?

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yes, for the first time ever going into the Lansdown. I ignored him, but it was starting to cause an issue. Seems stupid.  By all means have stewards at the top of the steps to guide people who don't know where they are going, but at the bottom causing a bottleneck? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwhat is that all about?

I'll pass the feedback onto the stadium team for you. 

1 minute ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Well Matt, the conversation we had regarding the inaudible PA system in the Dolman made zero difference! It’s still as crap as it ever was - worse possibly.

Even the rugby boys are complaining about it along with us City fans.

Its truly incomprehensible that the likes of Mark Kelly have done absolutely bugger all to sort out the issue despite being aware of the problem since the revamp opened........shocking ineptitude on his and the clubs part. All my previous complaints have met with excuses and platitudes.

Just how hard it is to resolve it? It ain’t rocket science............:facepalm:

We get no updates as to what is being done - probably because there is nothing being done - and it’s an embarrassment that detracts from what is otherwise an excellent redevelopment.

26 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt - please can you also advise the ‘stadium team’ the ladies loos between W15 and W16 are in an appalling condition. My daughter used them on Sunday - and most seats were broken or falling off - this has been like this for over a month. How long does it take to get a ‘handy man’ to make simple repairs!

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well Matt, the conversation we had regarding the inaudible PA system in the Dolman made zero difference! It’s still as crap as it ever was - worse possibly.

Its truly incomprehensible that the likes of Mark Kelly have done absolutely bugger all to sort out the issue despite being aware of the problem since the revamp opened........shocking ineptitude on his and the clubs part. All my previous complaints have met with excuses and platitudes.

Just how hard it is to resolve it? It ain’t rocket science............:facepalm:

We get no updates as to what is being done - probably because there is nothing being done - and it’s an embarrassment that detracts from what is otherwise an excellent redevelopment.

It's an ever present on our list of things that get addressed with AG. As soon as i have any sort of update I will let you know. 

Matt 

10 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Matt - please can you also advise the ‘stadium team’ the ladies loos between W15 and W16 are in an appalling condition. My daughter used them on Sunday - and most seats were broken or falling off - this has been like this for over a month. How long does it take to get a ‘handy man’ to make simple repairs!

Just done it.

4 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

It's an ever present on our list of things that get addressed with AG. As soon as i have any sort of update I will let you know. 

Matt 

It's an ever present, because nothing has been done over the last few years, even though it has been mentioned countless times.

If it was to be fixed, it could then be removed from the list.

10 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt 

Heard it all before Matt - nothing at all has happened since the revamp despite the club being fully aware of the problem. It should be a priority but clearly it’s not. The sound quality is so poor that it must be close to breaching the H&S regulations.

I call it ineptitude of the highest order.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was watching a video on twitter earlier of the HT competition of trying to get the ball through the D of Dunder

I could not make out a single thing the guy on the pitch was talking about

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I was watching a video on twitter earlier of the HT competition of trying to get the ball through the D of Dunder

I could not make out a single thing the guy on the pitch was talking about

Nothing changes Phantom.

All we could hear live was a muffled something or other........it’s a complete waste of time.

We couldn’t even make out the names of the substitutes............it’s utter rubbish.

53 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst your at it can you ask them why beer prices are now around the £4.30 mark? I'm sure last season I was paying £3.70/80

They’ve put the prices up slightly but also the level of discount has gone down from 15% to 10% which means it’s even more of a jump. 

Archived