IGNORED

Why didnt we buy more wingers?

Ian M

• Admin

For the last 10 mins we had Pato playing on the right side of attack & O’Dowda AND Eliasson playing on the right wing, leaving no one to play on the left. They were clearly having fun flicking their way through Blackburn’s beleaguered defence. If this is a new tactic we will need Hakeeb back ASAP ?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Realised the left side of their defence were shite and just over ran them and exploited the weakness 

I felt sorry for their left back for a moment, “which one of their 3 wingers and overlapping full back should I pick up?”, then I quickly realised I’m not a precious snowflake and laughed at the scenario he found himself in.

21 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Realised the left side of their defence were shite and just over ran them and exploited the weakness 

It struck me that in the first half, we were attacking on the left. After HT, we switched to a right side attack.

37 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

From about 75 minutes onwards the whole of their defence had hands on hips attempting to take every gasp they could. 

Never seen a team look so knackered. I wonder if we’re fit, or theyre unfit. 

Think it looked a clear tactic from us. Up tempo, keep ball in play, tire them out. We took short corners, very quick throw ins...

51 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

From about 75 minutes onwards the whole of their defence had hands on hips attempting to take every gasp they could. 

Thought that too. Not sure in truth how many of them played midweek in the cup, if any, but our passing as well second half took a toll.

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

see 1:14

Bloke says Rovers without a single flinch, tinge of embarrassment, googly eye or lolling tongue dripping spital down his chin.  He ran his hand through his hair with a prerequisite set of fingers..... Very very strange. Made me feel uncomfortable. Am I in a parallel universe?

On 02/09/2018 at 21:42, Fordy62 said:

My brother in law went on Sunday. Has been a fairly good standard player and “supports” Arsenal. He also has a soft spot for City but only goes to a game or 2 each season. 

He was hugely impressed by our movement. He says it’s the best he’s seen outside the premier league and our pressing, even to the 93rd minute would have worn down Europa league standard premier league teams. 

It was interesting to hear from someone who tends to only watch Premier league football generally. 

Archived