IGNORED

Mciness - Season 2012 2013

Londoner

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think the Elokobi game was the same one as the 2 x red card one. I distinctly remember Bolasie getting sent off for a wild two footed tackle on the half way line - he`d basically lost the plot after a couple of decisions went against him and he was the second player to go I`m sure.

Just looked it up, we lost 3-0 on 5th. Feb 2012 and James Wilson was the other player. Snodgrass, McCormick & Becchio scored for them. It was Neil Redfearn`s first game in charge.

Was that the game where a Leeds fan was helped down the stairs in the Dolman?

This thread is bringing back some awful memories; I had managed to forget just how horrendous 11/12 and 12/13 were. A particular personal lowlight came in the form of two equally abject 2-0 losses away at Brighton. Being a student there at the time, I remember convincing some uni mates to come along and somehow to come back again the following year - They still haven't forgiven me..

29 minutes ago, SFK said:

http://www.football.co.uk/derby-county/exclusive-request-from-the-steve-davies-family/3481538/

theres a retractal from Someone.

it got messy & a real reminder of what said on a forum can lead to relife actions 

They most definitely can.

If push came to shove, and the police- or even on a lesser scale about less serious matters, the club needed to know someone's ID on here- or even another user needed to owing to something defamatory or threatening. Or even something damaging to the club or an individual unconnected etc.

In such an instance, if there were sufficient grounds, the mods/admin would have little to no choice other than to hand over real name and e-mail address matched to user ID.

11 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

the game we had the 2 sent off was either Feb or march nothing like September ?

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think the Elokobi game was the same one as the 2 x red card one. I distinctly remember Bolasie getting sent off for a wild two footed tackle on the half way line - he`d basically lost the plot after a couple of decisions went against him and he was the second player to go I`m sure.

Just looked it up, we lost 3-0 on 5th. Feb 2012 and James Wilson was the other player. Snodgrass, McCormick & Becchio scored for them. It was Neil Redfearn`s first game in charge.

You`re right, it was Feb 5th 2012. I think what @Mr Popodopolous is saying is that it was the season before the one the OP referred to.

Still a pretty shite one though all the same!

20 hours ago, SFK said:

Davies was a shambles, looked as if he woke up in the park opposite after a night out & came to play on a match day.

Stead just ran around a lot that was it.

Baldock isn’t that great a striker.

Defence was awful

midfield was a tombola 

I remember getting so much abuse around that time for saying how lazy and useless Davies looked. No doubt a decent player but he just didn’t seem to try, he certainly didn’t put a shift in when the backs were against the wall

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There were definitely issues behind the scenes- when that happens, you're often swimming against the tide regardless.

However, we definitely made footballing mistakes too in recruitment:

1) No signing of an experienced centre back by the transfer window- we scored quite freely and were going to loan Monk from Swansea- it never happened and we had to make do!

2) Lack of balance in squad- we never properly that year replaced Cisse. Did he leave due to cash or did he want a new challenge? Can't remember. Anyway, he helped protect the defence and it showed!

3) Neil Danns. Could we have made a bigger effort to keep him? Seemed to make a difference when he came.

Also the 2 injuries at Peterborough and Elokobi at home to Leeds was it, at a stage we started season okay surely didn't help.

That said, we arguably needed to go down anyway as we were being run appallingly, and with ever increasing losses for ever decreasing returns, a big reset probably necessary- especially in those times with FFP on the horizon.

If it’s the Peterborough game I think it was then I remember it being a bit of a turning point for our season. Nasty little game if I remember rightly?

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

If it’s the Peterborough game I think it was then I remember it being a bit of a turning point for our season. Nasty little game if I remember rightly?

Cunningham out 2 months, Skuse for a while.

Then Elokobi injured v Leeds on his first game- wrecks our entire left back situation- did Bryan get thrown in at deep end at all that year?

Funny you should mention Peterborough though- last game of 2012, v a Peterborough who came down in strong form in the relegation battle, we hammered them, think it was 4-2 going on 6 or 7.

False dawn as it transpired...

I always remember the away match against Bolton:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bolton-wanderers-3-2-bristol-city/

2-0 up and coasting, thanks to two Davies goals, when I went into Sainsburys to do the weekly shop; 2-2 when I came out and I feared the worst, which came eight minutes from time.  That defeat seemed to be a turning point, and we went to pieces in the next few matches, losing five more on the spin.

I do still wonder if McInnes might have turned it around, given more time, but you have to have doubts about anyone who thought that Ricky Foster was a Championship player...

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They most definitely can.

If push came to shove, and the police- or even on a lesser scale about less serious matters, the club needed to know someone's ID on here- or even another user needed to owing to something defamatory or threatening. Or even something damaging to the club or an individual unconnected etc.

In such an instance, if there were sufficient grounds, the mods/admin would have little to no choice other than to hand over real name and e-mail address matched to user ID.

They'd still have to drag it through the courts first - as per SWFC v OwlsTalk.  Thankfully we've never had too much of an issue on here but if people think they are completely anonymous on here they are very much wrong. 

Wish I could forget that 2012/13 season but it must've been the season I could afford to go to more away games than any other. witnessed a single point from 11 away fixtures that season. 

The fact that we didn't have a single player sent off despite finishing rock bottom says it all really - zero fight. The Wolves home game summed the season up quite well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers watching Kevin Doyle quite literally walk through our whole team unchallenged before slotting home. 

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They'd still have to drag it through the courts first - as per SWFC v OwlsTalk.  Thankfully we've never had too much of an issue on here but if people think they are completely anonymous on here they are very much wrong. 

What if you are going via a VPN that doesn’t keep logs, and using a false email address etc?

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Sounds an interesting case- will have to look it up. However yeah, subject to courts- hence the seriousness and legitimate requirement threshold- undoubtedly any of us could be unmasked on here with the right grounds.

Truth is, nothing on the Internet is truly deleted I'm quite sure. Once it's there...it's there.

Believe- unless it's changed- the law based on a quick google search is called Norwich Pharmacal?

Just personally speaking- I take it as a given that my comments/content online will always be there, and post accordingly.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I always remember the away match against Bolton:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bolton-wanderers-3-2-bristol-city/

2-0 up and coasting, thanks to two Davies goals, when I went into Sainsburys to do the weekly shop; 2-2 when I came out and I feared the worst, which came eight minutes from time.  That defeat seemed to be a turning point, and we went to pieces in the next few matches, losing five more on the spin.

I do still wonder if McInnes might have turned it around, given more time, but you have to have doubts about anyone who thought that Ricky Foster was a Championship player...

It wasn't just player recruitment - I recall he switched the team around constantly (both players and formation) and also failed to recognise Bolasie as a talent to nurture.

I think he probably appreciates he is a good Scottish manager - he must have had other offers to manage in England since then, but I could never see him managing successfully in a competitive league.

That season was awful, started so well too...

Made worse by my marriage disintegrating around the time City really went into freefall :D Ironic eh. After it ended completely my dad took me down to watch City v Derby to keep my spirits up....he soon realised his mistake by half time as City were diabolical, I think he hid any sharp items in the house afterwards :laugh: :ph34r: 

The Wolves game was an absolute nadir, as mentioned when Doyle walked through the entire midfield and defence unchallenged to score. Knew the season was beyond saving by then. Took Cotts in December 13 to finally sort the club out (though O Dismal did have a hand in shifting out some of the dross that summer). 

Moral of the story? If the chips are down never go and watch our lot :D 

O'Driscoll did have a bit of a honeymoon period- at home at least.

If memory serves, we beat Ipswich, Watford, Forest, Boro and Barnsley at home in successive games was it- drew with Brighton too who were quite high up. Sadly the inability to get anything away negated it a bit- and the loss at Wolves after we scored first, well the writing was on the wall.

Archived