IGNORED

Marlon Pack and Lee Johnson ONE HOUR with Q and A interview

Never to the dark side

It's incredible really. The players are given 2 of there 3 meals a day Marlon has stopped eating red meat and only really eats fish for protein and then they all take individual supplements and some have testosterone and that's all before they start trying to organise football.

I liked the bit when they talked about the work they do with the childrens hospice, Marlon come across as really enjoying being able to give back which is a great character trait.

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's incredible really. The players are given 2 of there 3 meals a day Marlon has stopped eating red meat and only really eats fish for protein and then they all take individual supplements and some have testosterone and that's all before they start trying to organise football.

I liked the bit when they talked about the work they do with the childrens hospice, Marlon come across as really enjoying being able to give back which is a great character trait.

I know footballers get a bad name. But Marlon Pack is a top bloke. Met him a couple of times. And went out of his way to talk to my son for about 15 minutes . Telling him to do well at school and being really positive. It made my boy very happy and had an impression on him. Top bloke 

Interesting listening. Important with a big squad and get everybody involved said LJ. Coming 3 games rotation will be. Training and eating quite different to older days offcause, its like sience. LJ said pl is the goal but also that this leauge is very good and nice to play in. We go in the right direction he said. Marlon talked well, seems to be a good guy.

Fair play to Marlon. He’s come so far since being a target of the boo boys both on OTIB and on a match day. Just goes to show what can be achieved if you get on with your business. Never met him to speak to but know plenty that have and he’s a credit to himself and the club.

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think we have a real gem in Marlon Pack - both on and off the pitch ......and he seems to be doing ok seeing as many on here thought he ‘wouldn’t cope’ without his chum Aden and would be looking to move! Utter tosh of course....we’ve got a proper Bristol City player there who seems a credit to himself and the club...

The new Tinnion?

Just started listening.

Interesting that we didn’t choose to replace Djúric, LJ stressing we have a budget and he wanted to strengthen the defence and have back-up.  Honest with his assessment that his teams score goals, but dips in results down to defence...hence budget used in the back 4.  Reading between the lines, Kalas has used a chunk of that budget.

Good praise of Pack, which you wonder whether he sold the new contract / deal to him on how important he is, e.g. leadership / captaincy.  Good recognition of Pack’s ability in the air....a few of us have posted that he should do better from set-pieces, akin to Rennie back in the day.

Talked a bit about Transition from winning the ball back, and how in the first couple of games the players didn’t quite spot the opportunities to exploit the opposition by not passing forward quick enough.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not if it’s legally prescribed.

That would mean the player has a therapeutic exemption for a medical condition which seems very unlikely in the case of Testosterone (didn’t hear the show myself but the post above mentions it in the context of the science of football performance, not some medical issue with a particular player). Seems more likely it was another substance and was misheard. 

7 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

That would mean the player has a therapeutic exemption for a medical condition which seems very unlikely in the case of Testosterone (didn’t hear the show myself but the post above mentions it in the context of the science of football performance, not some medical issue with a particular player). Seems more likely it was another substance and was misheard. 

Testosterone can be used with older men that have erectile problems which can be caused by the levels of testosterone gradually reducing as we age but.......in the case of younger men it can enhance muscle growth which is why footballers can be prescribed it.

One drawback with older men taking testosterone is that it increases the risk of prostrate cancer which is why most GPS won’t prescribe it.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Testosterone can be used with older men that have erectile problems which can be caused by the levels of testosterone gradually reducing as we age but.......in the case of younger men it can enhance muscle growth which is why footballers can be prescribed it.

One drawback with older men taking testosterone is that it increases the risk of prostrate cancer which is why most GPS won’t prescribe it.

This is all true and would be interesting to know if he said when he started it because I never heard the interview,as he is not a young man anymore and muscle growth at 27 is obviously possible in other sports football would not be one you would need to be using it,I’m not saying he has erectile problems either by the way

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely a banned substance?

You’d have thought so. In fact, it definitely is. Must be LJ/MP summarising something. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a chance in hell Testosterone would be prescribed under TUO to a professional athlete. 

7 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

It wasn’t misheard - he definitely said testosterone 

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you know this (asking for a friend)..

NB - I know Robbo is ex-NHS, but who can resist a good ‘can’t get it up’ gag...

Testosterone is a funny one. As I understand it, there is a range when considering anyone's T levels, and it's legal from an athletics perspective to be anywhere within that range. Some people are naturally lower or higher. It is better to be higher, for many reasons. 

So, if you naturally have a lower level then it can be beneficial and allowable to bring yourself up towards the top end of that range, without any charge of doping. 

Just listening now. Sounded to me as though LJ implied that Kelly has had testosterone (and other supplements) in order to build him up from the "bean pole" he was a few years ago.

Quote LJ @41:17 "...even like supplements we talked about with Lloyd Kelly and, erm protein, er testosterone sometimes that they take and various little bits and bobs. Are all built around them being their absolute best. I wish I'd have had it I'd have been about 6 foot 2..."

Not accusing anything. I'm just amazed that a 19 year old may have had testosterone supplements. 

Archived