IGNORED

WBA v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I thought it was more the Gayle off, Hoolihan on sub from West Brom. Removed the space we were finding in midfield. 

Not sure, still seemed to be finding loads of space. He just either mispassed it, turned around and slowed it all up or made an odd run into the wrong space. 

What I learnt from this game:

- Defence not quite as water-tight as we thought

- Jack Hunt really poor on this showing, is he defensively any improvement on Pisano?

- Fammy back on his game

- Paterson will not be getting back into the team any time soon

- This team has character!

Good and bad, but a very entertaining 90 minutes! ?

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to say if I’d had to put big money on five defeats this season WBA away would have been one

Just annoying a decent performance completely wrecked by schoolboy defending 

Schoolboy tactics too. If your a full back and it's you against an attacker, you belt it out. i'm sorry

We'll play a lot worse than that and win games against weaker opposition. Credit to them for sticking at it, just left themselves a bit too much to do. Feeling more optimistic than if we'd lost 1 or 2-0 but offered nothing going forward. 

Have to sort out the defensive collapses though, you can get away with it sometimes but the better teams in the division will always punish it.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It’s a shame. Paterson has shown at times he is a real talent but he just seems incapable of playing well on a consistent basis and it is quite some time since he really turned it on for us at all.

I reckon we have to go back to January

Reading /QPR at home ?Story of his career sadly

Frustrating that we played so well in parts and not come away with anything but as most have said it’s no disgrace to lose to them and we did well not to completely capitulate after that horrible period first half. Let’s hope we can turn it around Friday night amd get the momentum going again. 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

WBA more clinical but we did present them with some chances, from some uncharacteristic of late poor defending.

Kept going though and thought we were the better side in the 2nd half. No shame in that defeat.

Dreadful defending cost us that game. They were poor at the back, but it was schoolboy defending. The fourth was dreadful

8 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Never seen us dominate a game so much and lose. Excellent performance with some naive defending and clinical finishing by West Brom. 

Optimistic about Friday. 

This. 

I thought we were fantastic apart from the naive defending. You would hope individual errors are the easiest to remedy. 

Big learning curve for young Kelly. 

Optimistic for the rest of the season on that showing. 

Funny how Hunt had played well previously but is now no better than Pisano, and Kelly makes the same mistake yet isn’t vilified presumably because he’s the next Bristolian so we can possibly say anything bad.... 

West Brom just punished our sloppy mistakes and it’s hopefully a lesson learnt. Wasn’t expexting much at start of game!

Also not one of Brownhills best games as I can’t think of many things he done well tonight

Archived