IGNORED

LYMINGTON V TORQUAY FA CUP

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why would any City fan be interested in a non league game?    

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have zero interested in non league football and didn’t realise Owers was manager at Torquay until he was sacked so no I wouldn’t have asked such a question and why I’m surprised op has posted this thread.

C’mon Alan, I’m a City fan, with a much wider football interest than City alone.  Many of us are.  It’s how we build our knowledge and understanding of the game, the players, the tactics.

You're missing a helluva lot about the fineries of the game by just watching City.

Its a bit like LJ only watching players from Barnsley? 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

C’mon Alan, I’m a City fan, with a much wider football interest than City alone.  Many of us are.  It’s how we build our knowledge and understanding of the game, the players, the tactics.

You're missing a helluva lot about the fineries of the game by just watching City.

Its a bit like LJ only watching players from Barnsley? 

Dave, I played plenty of non league football as a young guy but not for around  30+ years and have watched the likes of Clevedon Town and Backwell United but it never really got into watching that level of football as I have with City. 

I found it........well.........amateur.

I can’t remember the last time watched a non league match. Must be around 10years I guess.

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Which is also coincidently the last time you didn't post in a thread that you have no interest in. Probably.

Thinking about it I did see Clevedon v Chester at the Hand stadium in an early round of the FA cup. Chester won at a canter 4-0. That was around 2008/9 iirc

Not exactly non league tho I guess.....

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thinking about it I did see Clevedon v Chester at the Hand stadium in an early round of the FA cup. Chester won at a canter 4-0. That was around 2008/9 iirc

Not exactly non league tho I guess.....

If neither club was in the league then it must have been non-league.

If you're saying it's "not exactly non-league" because it was an early FA Cup game then by your own criteria your reason for declaring no interest in the Torquay game is invalid.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If neither club was in the league then it must have been non-league.

If you're saying it's "not exactly non-league" because it was an early FA Cup game then by your own criteria your reason for declaring no interest in the Torquay game is invalid.

Wtf are you on about Jim?     :dunno:

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

2008/2009 Chester were non league.

As were Clevedon.

So explain how a game between non league sides "isn't really non league"

It was a cup match and one guy in the pub I used regularly was from Chester and he used to drone on and on about them and persuaded me and another guy to watch them at the Hand Stadium. So we all went......

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was a cup match and one guy in the pub I used regularly was from Chester and he used to drone on and on about them and persuaded me and another guy to watch them at the Hand Stadium. So we all went......

Just like the Torquay game today...

By your own standards on this thread, the Torquay game was no different to the Chester one.

Archived