IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda song/F*** off Bolasie (merged)

Red7

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I heard "Fork off Bolasie"

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Definitely "**** off Bolasie".

That what I thought I heard, too.

Be interested to know the background behind this song mash-up. Anybody know?

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

No seemed comfortable singing the Bolasie part and frankly out of date unless were playing Villa. How about replacing it with a current squad member, maybe Max O'Leary? 

?? Puzzled.

You want them to tell our goalkeeper to **** off?

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was sang with some gusto last night for about 5-10 mins too from the Singing Section too I thought.

Yes I heard, I was just making a point Bolasie must have heard it recently, not that he would have been the slightest bothered.

15 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I always thought Bolasie ditched us and CoD was his replacement, a sort of putting two fingers up to Bolasie as we got Callum and all is great :blink:

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

4 years between Bolasie leaving and CoD signing.

Jeez was it really that much. Then I really don’t know what the hell the song is about. Maybe the people who sing it could enlighten us please as it makes no sense to me.

42 minutes ago, Red7 said:

When the song was sung at Albert, we used to sing Yannick Bolasie in between when they both played for us. Easy to change his first name to F off I guess once he left and it seems to have carried on since with O'Dowda's song. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Jeez was it really that much. Then I really don’t know what the hell the song is about. Maybe the people who sing it could enlighten us please as it makes no sense to me.

Agreed RedM, can just about understand it when Bolasie is on the pitch playing against us but including it any other time is just a bit odd imo.

Is Bolasie really such a hate figure amongst City fans that we need to tell him to FO every time CoD is on the pitch? :dunno:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I always thought Bolasie ditched us and CoD was his replacement, a sort of putting two fingers up to Bolasie as we got Callum and all is great :blink:

I don’t think he ditched us ... he just wasn’t given much of a chance to prove himself at Ashton Gate - and Bolasie left in 2012, so COD is hardly his replacement. It’s an embarrassing song...Bolasie did nothing wrong except move on because he wasn’t get a chance at Bristol City - hardly warrants being told to “F off” - our fans have zero class at times...

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

The original song was when we had Adomah and Bolasie amongst our ranks.

The song, to the tune of Buddy Holly's 'Heartbeat' was dedicated to Albert with 'Yannick Bolansie' filling the gaps in between.

After Bolasie left in a sour fashion, the lyrics were changed to '**** off Bolasie'. This has stayed ever since, even though the song is now about COD, not Albert!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think he ditched us ... he just wasn’t given much of a chance to prove himself at Ashton Gate - and Bolasie left in 2012, so COD is hardly his replacement. It’s an embarrassing song...Bolasie did nothing wrong except move on because he wasn’t get a chance at Bristol City - hardly warrants being told to “F off” - our fans have zero class at times...

I think I was being a bit flippant when I said ditched. Left, moved, was sold perhaps. Wasn’t he just breaking into the team a bit more regularly or returning after injury perhaps when he said he wanted to leave to go back to London. Then he signed for Palace which some fans weren’t too happy about. I’ve personally got no grief with him, would have liked to have seen more of him and Albert together. 

As I said I didn’t realise there was such a time difference between him and CoD, in my head that was the only reason that the song could make sense, but as you say it clearly doesn’t. Bit odd but pretty much like most football songs I guess? I guess he’s having the last laugh now though as he’s after all an Everton player, who’da thought?

Archived