IGNORED

Time to look at Lee in a positive light

reddogkev

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Well he's dropped some bollocks aswell let Freeman go what's he worth now ?

Can't hold Freeman against him, how many fans were happy he was sold at the time. Also wasn't going to sign a new contract here.

Think LJ and the Club progressed. 18, 17 and 11 placed in the leauge. This season Looking good so far top 10? The defence is stronger, 14 goal conseded. Flint and Bryan gone. The team are still learning, we sometimes play not so well but takes all the points anyway, its a stenght. We are now playing more safe, maybe not so fun to look att but it is a winning formula. Wright, Esia and the Scunny player soon fit to play, we have a good squad and Im optimistic as usual. LJ now knows the leauge and thinks he is doing well. City are now respected among other teams and they know that we are hard to beat. By the way, looked at QPR - Villa yesterday, a good game with high tempo. Freeman and Kodjia was very good, Villa was the better team and should atleast had a draw. LJ has built the team from defence and that the right thing to do. Many clean sheets means the points are coming in. The January window are difficault and Im not sure If we take more players in. In all areas we have good players, its important that LJ keep the good vibes in the team. If we win today and have a good november think  we can for real fighting top six. The leauge is very tight and you should have luck to wi n the even steven games. So far LJ have made good changes with the subs. Odowda, Eliasson, Watkins, Walsh, Pato. He has options in midfield, so far LJ has picked the right starting eleven most of the time. Pato is a ? for me and many others but LJ starts him. Pato for sure is a good player, he has to show it more often. All and all think the Club done right to keep LJ, we had a very very bad run, LJ learned from that and we are in progress.

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps you haven't noticed the changes in our play , less gung ho more measured in our game management.

LJ is perfectly aware of what happened last season and has adapted. Now many supporters are criticising him for not doing exactly what he did last season.

Poor bugger can't win . 

No I actually agree with you. We certainly do appear less gung ho...which, although isn't to pleasing on the eye, it makes us seem more solid for 90 minutes 

I can't see there being to many classics this season...but if the end result is a more consistent season which leaves us challenging strongly around the top 6 come April....I'll take that and be more then happy with it 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

No I actually agree with you. We certainly do appear less gung ho...which, although isn't to pleasing on the eye, it makes us seem more solid for 90 minutes 

I can't see there being to many classics this season...

It’s about whether you’d take results over performances.......For me it’s a dilemma. I enjoyed the win over Hull but didn’t enjoy the performance..........and that takes me back a few years.....

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s about whether you’d take results over performances.......For me it’s a dilemma. I enjoyed the win over Hull but didn’t enjoy the performance..........and that takes me back a few years.....

I agree. 

First half of last season was some of the best stuff I've seen down the Gate. We were unable to sustain that level of intensity. This season so far...it has been painful at times to watch....but we are dragging out results 

Ideally we would get the results and performances ....but I'd rather take the results and make real attempt at the top 6. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Funny isn’t it?  I really enjoyed Wednesday.  Thought it was an interesting tactical battle.  Two different formations to start with, 442 v 352, then we switched to 4141 to counter it and then imho contro, the rest of the match.  I thought we played some really good football for good parts of the game, but I think there were a couple of very, very bad passes (relatively easy passes) that we played straight to Hull in bad positions that taints our view.  If you watch the game back, knowing those bad passes didn’t come to anything, you start to see that City played pretty well on Wednesday.

Interesting, that 5 of our 6 wins have been clean-Sheet wins.  The only game we’ve won in which we conceded was Blackburn where they scored direct from a corner.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny isn’t it?  I really enjoyed Wednesday.  Thought it was an interesting tactical battle.  Two different formations to start with, 442 v 352, then we switched to 4141 to counter it and then imho contro, the rest of the match.  I thought we played some really good football for good parts of the game, but I think there were a couple of very, very bad passes (relatively easy passes) that we played straight to Hull in bad positions that taints our view.  If you watch the game back, knowing those bad passes didn’t come to anything, you start to see that City played pretty well on Wednesday.

Interesting, that 5 of our 6 wins have been clean-Sheet wins.  The only game we’ve won in which we conceded was Blackburn where they scored direct from a corner.

We all have different ‘takes’ on a game Dave and on Wednesday I thought City struggled to put four passes together for much of it.

Too many City players gave possession away with poor balls. If they play like that again today I’d happily take a draw right now.

I get that without the physical presence of Flint\Djuric  or the mobility of Reid City have to create chances differently, hence more  use of wingers but now it’s even more necessary to try and find a creative midfielder and I wonder if Walsh will get a start today. I doubt it tho as it would mean 3 in midfield.........

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We all have different ‘takes’ on a game Dave and on Wednesday I thought City struggled to put four passes together for much of it.

Too many City players gave possession away with poor balls. If they play like that again today I’d happily take a draw right now.

I get that without the physical presence of Flint\Djuric  or the mobility of Reid City have to create chances differently, hence more  use of wingers but now it’s even more necessary to try and find a creative midfielder and I wonder if Walsh will get a start today. I doubt it tho as it would mean 3 in midfield.........

The joys of football and....OTIB? 

2 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

He didnt try hard enough kept leaving him out if he wasent better than Patterson i'l eat my hat

Freeman wasn't playing well and wouldn't sign a new contract.

Leaving him out the team was more than justified, in fact, it took too long for him to be dropped.

Archived