IGNORED

A very tenuous link! (Merged)

swampy

4 minutes ago, swampy said:

I am not sure why the Bristol Post had to run this story:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/cardiff-city-aston-villa-fight-2199695

Jesus, that rag don`t get any better does it? how many times can they mention us in a negative story that has absolutely nothing to with BCFC. They might as well have replaced every `Bristol City` with `Swansea City` and the story would have been just the same.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Why is bristol post running something that happened in cardiff and has nothing to do with this area?

I would suggest two reasons.

1. They like to stir as much shyte as possible about our club, because there is a definite prejudice towards BRFC and against BCFC at the post.

2. We are the bigger club with more fans and as such, more readers who will rise to the click bait. Raising more money for the paper.

And just for good measure, a combination of both.

35 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I was at the foggia vs Brescia game at the weekend and the amount of grown men walking around in balaclavas was quite intimidating! No face no name is their way of thinking.....

Maybe it was cold and their mums had told them they couldn’t go out unless they dressed up nice and warm?

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I would suggest two reasons.

1. They like to stir as much shyte as possible about our club, because there is a definite prejudice towards BRFC and against BCFC at the post.

2. We are the bigger club with more fans and as such, more readers who will rise to the click bait. Raising more money for the paper.

And just for good measure, a combination of both.

I’ve posted this before, but I make no apology for doing so again....I used to work with a guy who had previously worked at The Bristol Post - he was from Liverpool so had no axe to grind. He told me that the vast majority of the editorial team at The Bristol Post were gasheads and it was clear during meetings that any story to discredit City was to be followed through. I know any visiting gas on here will think that’s just us being paranoid....but this was from a guy who worked there and wasn’t from Bristol....he was a Tranmere fan and had zero reason to lie....

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve posted this before, but I make no apology for doing so again....I used to work with a guy who had previously worked at The Bristol Post - he was from Liverpool so had no axe to grind. He told me that the vast majority of the editorial team at The Bristol Post were gasheads and it was clear during meetings that any story to discredit City was to be followed through. I know any visiting gas on here will think that’s just us being paranoid....but this was from a guy who worked there and wasn’t from Bristol....he was a Tranmere fan and had zero reason to lie....

I've heard similar stories about the whole editorial staff either being Rovers supporters or, licking others asses and appearing to be.

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've heard similar stories about the whole editorial staff either being Rovers supporters or, licking others asses and appearing to be.

Unfounded rumour and complete bollocks.

Two reasons - 1) the sports section at the Post is minuscule and there is no Sports editor.( unless they’ve recently appointed one )

2) with virtually no sports reporters and therefore no staff to speak of how can they be biased one way or the other? 

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

One shitty, two bit outfit, biased towards an even shittier one!

There was a violent brawl between Cardiff and Aston villa "fans" and Bristol live has decided to do an article on it, and twice, throw our name in to it.  Now I know they don't make any claim as to Bristol City fans being involved but when people don't read stories properly, we'll end up being associated with this. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/cardiff-city-aston-villa-fight-2199695

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Two reasons - 1) the sports section at the Post is minuscule and there is no Sports editor.( unless they’ve recently appointed one )

2) with virtually no sports reporters and therefore no staff to speak of how can they be biased one way or the other? 

You really are an obnoxious asshole. Could you not tell that my post was written in the past tense, in response to another post written in the past tense. My information comes directly from someone working in the post offices at the time, my brother in law as it happens. Someone I have known for over forty years and trust implicitly. So stick your obnoxious comments where the sun doesn't shine and try and be a little less offensive next time you reply to one of my posts. Either that or, do what you suggest to everyone else that doesn't like your posts, and put me on ignore.

As it happens, the editor in chief (Mike Norton) is a gashead, the former main sports editor (Robin Perry) was a gashead, the main Rovers match reporter (name eludes me but went on to be a club employee and still quotes in Post occasionally), another in the editorial room (Stan Stzernastiac) or something, was a gashead who went on to run a paper out in the Arab world and promoted Rovers money search in that paper, and the girl who reported on the Memorial ground redevelopment (Kirsty) was a gashead, who also went on to be a club employee. So there are a few names in what was  a relatively small journalistic editorial staff who had strong ties to Rovers. The only City supporter on the whole staff known, was the TV critic columnist. 

28 minutes ago, chucky said:

There was a violent brawl between Cardiff and Aston villa "fans" and Bristol live has decided to do an article on it, and twice, throw our name in to it.  Now I know they don't make any claim as to Bristol City fans being involved but when people don't read stories properly, we'll end up being associated with this. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/cardiff-city-aston-villa-fight-2199695

Intentionally worded, as click bait.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

You really are an obnoxious asshole. Could you not tell that my post was written in the past tense, in response to another post written in the past tense. My information comes directly from someone working in the post offices at the time, my brother in law as it happens. Someone I have known for over forty years and trust implicitly. So stick your obnoxious comments where the sun doesn't shine and try and be a little less offensive next time you reply to one of my posts. Either that or, do what you suggest to everyone else that doesn't like your posts, and put me on ignore.

???

40 minutes ago, chucky said:

They said that Cardiff/Villa are Citys Championship rivals - why is that a problem?

Two links that show City fans brawling with Cardiff/Rovers fans. Did you think that City don’t have a number of hooligans?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They said that Cardiff/Villa are Citys Championship rivals - why is that a problem?

Two links that show City fans brawling with Cardiff/Rovers fans. Did you think that City don’t have a number of hooligans?

I don't know why I'm bothering to waste time on posting this, but you are a complete plank!

The Post is just trying to implicate BCFC and it's supporters in a scrap between two other clubs fans when it clearly did not involve anyone even remotely connected with BCFC.

But you chip away with your comments that imply that we are implicated because we are a rival football club! Mochyn du!

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't know why I'm bothering to waste time on posting this, but you are a complete plank!

The Post is just trying to implicate BCFC and it's supporters in a scrap between two other clubs fans when it clearly did not involve anyone even remotely connected with BCFC.

But you chip away with your comments that imply that we are implicated because we are a rival football club! Mochyn du!

Read the article again and show where City are implicated......

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

No sports editor: except the one they appointed in November 2017...

Archived