IGNORED

A very tenuous link! (Merged)

swampy

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Read the article again and show where City are implicated......

They are "implicated" purely by the fact that city have been mentioned twice in an article that has absolutely nothing to do with them.......an article that also has absolutely nothing to do with news in the Bristol area.

Should an article appear in "Bristol Live" tomorrow linking to Bristol City if/when a minor ruckus happens at the Sheffield derby tonight?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

They said that Cardiff/Villa are Citys Championship rivals - why is that a problem?

Two links that show City fans brawling with Cardiff/Rovers fans. Did you think that City don’t have a number of hooligans?

Hi Robbered. 

Please read my post again.  I say that I know the story doesn't say there is any involvement with Bristol City fans, what I did say is the association that people will make by adding Bristol City to the story.  On the main page of the Bristol Live site where you see stories, the head line was written "Shocking footage showing Bristol city rivals Cardiff city in violent brawl with Aston Villa fans.  It is in the section of News - Local news - courts.  The headline uses certain words to grab you attention and make things stick "shocking footage" "Bristol City" "Cardiff City" " Aston Villa" " violent Brawl".  Now people that scoot past and don't even ready the story will pick up on the certain words and that is the picture that can be created in their head.

Since I posted Bristol Live have altered the headline and removed the Bristol City from it, but still include Bristol City with in the story.

40 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

No sports editor: except the one they appointed in November 2017...

Clearly a downward career move from the second city of UK with three big clubs(?) who are all more likely to end up in the Prem before City and the ragged mob at Horfield get their acts in gear.

And possibly included Bristol City three times in the headline/article to deflect and minimise Villa fans involvement?

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't know why I'm bothering to waste time on posting this, but you are a complete plank!

‘Complete plank?’        :rofl2br:

Ive received plenty of attempted insults over many years but this one has to be the most amateur of them all.

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

They are "implicated" purely by the fact that city have been mentioned twice in an article that has absolutely nothing to do with them.......an article that also has absolutely nothing to do with news in the Bristol area.

Should an article appear in "Bristol Live" tomorrow linking to Bristol City if/when a minor ruckus happens at the Sheffield derby tonight?

`Sickening violence at derby match between two clubs who have both played BRISTOL CITY at ASHTON GATE this season`

17 hours ago, Full nelson said:

It’s crazy that this still goes on!?! CCTV and cameras everywhere nowadays. 

I was at the foggia vs Brescia game at the weekend and the amount of grown men walking around in balaclavas was quite intimidating! No face no name is their way of thinking.....

The Police over there are the same though...face masks and no identification numbers.

Only time I've ever been hit at football was at a Lazio v Roma Derby...by a Policeman. I was just stood watching. They hit anything with a pulse it seems...regardless.

Brescia have some right nutters though.

On 09/11/2018 at 14:53, spudski said:

The Police over there are the same though...face masks and no identification numbers.

Only time I've ever been hit at football was at a Lazio v Roma Derby...by a Policeman. I was just stood watching. They hit anything with a pulse it seems...regardless.

Brescia have some right nutters though.

Old post I appreciate but Brescia, Livorno and Hellas Verona, and AC Venezia are all ******* insane.

On 08/11/2018 at 22:39, Rich said:

I've heard similar stories about the whole editorial staff either being Rovers supporters or, licking others asses and appearing to be.

On 08/11/2018 at 23:20, Robbored said:

Unfounded rumour and complete bollocks.

Two reasons - 1) the sports section at the Post is minuscule and there is no Sports editor.( unless they’ve recently appointed one )

Oh dear, you’ve embarrassed yourself again! The Bristol Post appointed a new Sports Editor a year ago....and as I posted above, an ex work colleague of mine (a Tranmere fan) used to work at The Bristol Post, he said he sat in meetings where it was made clear that any anti City story should be given high profile and any chance to praise the Gas should be taken...he had no axe to grind, as a guy from Birkenhead he also had no reason to lie....but you know best....

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh dear, you’ve embarrassed yourself again! The Bristol Post appointed a new Sports Editor a year ago....and as I posted above, an ex work colleague of mine (a Tranmere fan) used to work at The Bristol Post, he said he sat in meetings where it was made clear that any anti City story should be given high profile and any chance to praise the Gas should be taken...he had no axe to grind, as a guy from Birkenhead he also had no reason to lie....but you know best....

Why are you ‘laughing’ at this post @Robbored ?!! You said The Bristol Post doesn’t have a Sports Editor - and you were proved wrong AGAIN....then you say any bias is ‘bollocks’ - yet neutral inside knowledge says otherwise....and all you can do is laugh....it’s a bit pathetic really....

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why are you ‘laughing’ at this post @Robbored ?!! You said The Bristol Post doesn’t have a Sports Editor - and you were proved wrong AGAIN....then you say any bias is ‘bollocks’ - yet neutral inside knowledge says otherwise....and all you can do is laugh....it’s a bit pathetic really....

And you reacted by ‘laughing’ again @Robbored - you just can’t see or accept when you are wrong can you? You seem to claim a bad memory for most of the times you are proved wrong .... which are numerous....why can’t you just accept you can be wrong? You could start by admitting you were wrong when you said The Bristol Post doesn’t have a Sports Editor despite the fact it appointed one in November 2017...rather than pathetically laugh, can’t you just admit that one to start with? Probably not...

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You could start by admitting you were wrong when you said The Bristol Post doesn’t have a Sports Editor despite the fact it appointed one in November 2017...rather than pathetically laugh, can’t you just admit that one to start with? Probably not...

So they appointed a sports editor a year ago - that obviously wasn’t on my radar of important news........

On 08/11/2018 at 22:03, Rich said:

I would suggest two reasons.

1. They like to stir as much shyte as possible about our club, because there is a definite prejudice towards BRFC and against BCFC at the post.

2. We are the bigger club with more fans and as such, more readers who will rise to the click bait. Raising more money for the paper.

And just for good measure, a combination of both.

Quite, the old Evening World was the City paper if memory serves

On 08/11/2018 at 22:20, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve posted this before, but I make no apology for doing so again....I used to work with a guy who had previously worked at The Bristol Post - he was from Liverpool so had no axe to grind. He told me that the vast majority of the editorial team at The Bristol Post were gasheads and it was clear during meetings that any story to discredit City was to be followed through. I know any visiting gas on here will think that’s just us being paranoid....but this was from a guy who worked there and wasn’t from Bristol....he was a Tranmere fan and had zero reason to lie....

So you're saying he's a Scouser...and trustworthy. 

Sorry,  just doesn't add up. ?

Just accept it is blatantly a clickbait article. City fans will read it, as proved on here, Gasheads will read it to see if there's a stick to beat City with. Win-win for the Post.

53 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

So you're saying he's a Scouser...and trustworthy. 

Sorry,  just doesn't add up. ?

Just accept it is blatantly a clickbait article. City fans will read it, as proved on here, Gasheads will read it to see if there's a stick to beat City with. Win-win for the Post.

People from Birkenhead are not scousers.....kinda scuppers your argument....

1 minute ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

You quite clearly stated he was from Liverpool, ergo a Scouser.

Apologies, you’re right I did....sorry, he was a Tranmere fan from Birkenhead and he hated being called a scouser....he said they had a chant along the lines of ...”Do not be mistaken, don’t be misled, we ain’t scousers, we’re from Birkenhead.”

Still, it was a bit of a generalisation when you implied no scousers can be trusted...

Archived