IGNORED

Diedhiou

pl00peh91

Surely against Bolton, try Fam with MT up top.

Strict orders that they work as a pair no more than 20m apart.

MT would open up so many channels for Fammy, and Fammy could create space for MT.

Against a wounded opponent, we need to aim to rip their throats out from the off - try the pair and give it a full 90 mins.

Pato to be dropped.

Bolton is EXACTLY the type of game to do this.

I wonder how long Fam and MT have actually played as a pair and how many gals were scored?

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

MT would open up so many channels for Fammy, and Fammy could create space for MT.

Against a wounded opponent, we need to aim to rip their throats out from the off - try the pair and give it a full 90 mins.

Pato to be dropped.

I wonder how long Fam and MT have actually played as a pair and how many gals were scored?

If that's what we are after, then surely we have to play Rudolph?!

22 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Fair enough.

Your points appear to be getting a bit deep for me. You seem to have a knowledge of psychology above that of the average person, so I feel that I am unable to agree or disagree.

My original question was in response to One BCFC who's opinion of Deidhiou was that he was a "Shocking player. Where do I even begin".

Out of interest, do you agree with his statement?

I can understand why fans might think this players performance was shocking. I don't agree but he is prone to the proverbial mares and as other posters observe his form swings unusually affecting both the physical and technical parts of his game. Its unusual to the degree that you could be shocked that a professional football player can be so unskilled and lethargic at points in the season. 

As somebody who studies psychology and has psychology qualifications I find the possible reasons why interesting. 

Chris Wood's goal against Huddersfield yesterday was a perfect demonstration of a big striker's ability to move quickly towards the ball before the defender.

For all his strengths, this type of movement is not something Fam appears to have. Pity, but I suspect it's an instinctive quality so probably would be very difficult to coach into his game.

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

Pato to be dropped.

This season:

241 minutes - Taylor 1 (pen), Diedhiou 2

Last season:

113 minutes (both cup) - Taylor 1, Diedhiou 1

Thats the equivalent of 4 games.

In a lot of cases Taylor has been subbed on for Diedhiou.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can imagine his son once he learns to talk:

"Eer, da. Senegal. Thass in Africal in'it? Quite near Gambial?"

I was having similar thoughts

Famara takes his young son to see some relatives or family in Senegal

Alrrrrrrright my babbers ‘

were the first words they hear Famara Junior say  

:yes:

I like Fammy, when he is "being Fammy". It's strange that some games he seems to allow himself to be easily bullied and in others he gives back just as much if not more. I am not sure why it should be that way. In the Rotherham game, he was bullied by their centre half for 45 minutes, but came out in the second half and looked up for the challenge. 

I did use the old joke about world beater one week and panel beater the next, when describing him to someone recently, but I think 20 in 43 suggests I am being unfair. He is not a fox in the box as has been noted, and the best example of that was against Norwich when their 'keeper spilled a very straightforward cross/shot, I am almost certain that Bobby Reid or even Matt Taylor would have pounced on that in a second, Fammy was completely flat footed. 
But he has a knack of scoring goals even whilst looking very ordinary and you can't knock that, and at the end of the day it's really the only statistic a striker in his mould should be judged on.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I like Fammy, when he is "being Fammy". It's strange that some games he seems to allow himself to be easily bullied and in others he gives back just as much if not more. I am not sure why it should be that way. In the Rotherham game, he was bullied by their centre half for 45 minutes, but came out in the second half and looked up for the challenge. 

I did use the old joke about world beater one week and panel beater the next, when describing him to someone recently, but I think 20 in 43 suggests I am being unfair. He is not a fox in the box as has been noted, and the best example of that was against Norwich when their 'keeper spilled a very straightforward cross/shot, I am almost certain that Bobby Reid or even Matt Taylor would have pounced on that in a second, Fammy was completely flat footed. 
But he has a knack of scoring goals even whilst looking very ordinary and you can't knock that, and at the end of the day it's really the only statistic a striker in his mould should be judged on.

The one that is easily explained is Birmingham where he was determined to put that lying **** Harlee Dean back in his box.

Archived