IGNORED

Diedhiou

pl00peh91

11 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Do you still feel the same now?

A thread theme here was that posters are criticising the players application. The player has improved his mindset and his performances have improved. Its a case of fans being right. He could do a lot better and is.

22 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

A thread theme here was that posters are criticising the players application. The player has improved his mindset and his performances have improved. Its a case of fans being right. He could do a lot better and is.

Spot on...he was labouring through games.

He has upped his workrate, will still have games where he doesn’t do much, sometimes because of service, sometimes because his CB is having a good game.

But even when not playing well, if he makes runs in front of his marker, he’ll get chances, and score goals.  Like today....although sounded from the radio that he really put himself about today.

With no stream, this would be a great game to watch the full 90 back if it becomes available.  Sounds like the perfect away performance. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on...he was labouring through games.

He has upped his workrate, will still have games where he doesn’t do much, sometimes because of service, sometimes because his CB is having a good game.

But even when not playing well, if he makes runs in front of his marker, he’ll get chances, and score goals.  Like today....although sounded from the radio that he really put himself about today.

With no stream, this would be a great game to watch the full 90 back if it becomes available.  Sounds like the perfect away performance

Watched second half on a stream from the Stoke forum and for me it was a nigh on perfect away performance.  I found myself thinking "we are completely in control here" and I haven't felt that for some time. Didn't see first half so only going by what I saw.

I've often criticised Diedhiou for not making runs across the box, getting across his marker etc., today he did and he scored (not good defence from Stoke though). He also played like a front man today and gave their centre backs a good game in the second half. 

We defended well and got forward quickly with Diedhiou at the heart of it.

Lets hope he can keep up that level of performance.

44 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The poster that I quoted had said, "Shocking player. Where do I even begin".

No mention of application, no mention of mindset.

Just wondered if he still felt that Deidhiou was a shocking player.

49 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The team is doing better....Diehdiou is too!

21 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

The poster that I quoted had said, "Shocking player. Where do I even begin".

No mention of application, no mention of mindset.

Just wondered if he still felt that Deidhiou was a shocking player.

Application and mindset are psychological parts of a players game. I just wondered why you chose to revisit this thread and not comment on the theme present. Its a frequently a ner ner ner ner trait of posters on Otib … This may not have been your intention. 

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The team is doing better....Diehdiou is too!

Which could highlight an attitude problem. When its tough he has the choice of fight or flight, and challenge and threat the two former mindsets are those associated with strong willed and focussed individuals. We/He can control our attitude and that obviously feeds our own personal betters.

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Which could highlight an attitude problem. When its tough he has the choice of fight or flight, and challenge and threat the two former mindsets are those associated with strong willed and focussed individuals. We/He can control our attitude and that obviously feeds our own personal betters.

Chicken and egg! At the moment they all have a winning mentality, hopefully when a couple of things go against them they will keep it!

Looking forward to games now!! How nice is that!!?

19 league goals in 42 appearances almost 1 in 2 and that is including sub appearances so his goals to minutes will be even closer to 1 in 2. 

He has started being a bit more active in and around the box, fighting a bit more to keep hold of it. Think people will come to apprecite him if he keeps the effort and the goals up. Mind you if he cost 2.5m not many would be complaining as much imo. And lets face it 5.3m isn’t what it used to be. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

19 league goals in 42 appearances almost 1 in 2 and that is including sub appearances so his goals to minutes will be even closer to 1 in 2. 

He has started being a bit more active in and around the box, fighting a bit more to keep hold of it. Think people will come to apprecite him if he keeps the effort and the goals up. Mind you if he cost 2.5m not many would be complaining as much imo. And lets face it 5.3m isn’t what it used to be. 

And neither is £5.3m our money anyway so who cares!!

dodgy first touch, wins little in the air with back to goal but who cares, almost 1 in 2 is better rates than an awful lot of ‘top strikers’. 

If he gets to 15 goals this season we’ll be making double what we paid for him in the summer. 

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Chicken and egg! At the moment they all have a winning mentality, hopefully when a couple of things go against them they will keep it!

Looking forward to games now!! How nice is that!!?

Again you are implying the player is mentally weak.

The thread mentions the word laboured. He can be. The thread mentions his lack of movement and touch. Again both can be poor. And these are elements of any players game that are controlled by the individuals mindset. Its called BAM in some circles. Body Active Movement .. The player controls BAM at all times, nobody else, its a choice … It should matter not two up or two down.

Post 103 states an "If he keeps the effort up" …That  considering his status in the XI should be a given. 

Looking forward … A theme on here is City are frequently boring to watch. I would agree. Nice? No not really so far.

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think the problem being, with him in the team, it's boring to watch.

Trying to play to his strengths.

LJ speaks about wanting busy bees. It's amixed message with Famara in the team.

It was busy with Weimann and Taylor up front.

Busy with Reif and Pato.

Famara can 'do a job'...lacks consistency...but it's whether it fits with the rest of the team.

To be fair, he can do a job in this league, but I get a feeling many find him hard work and frustrating to watch.

I personally don't like the way the team play with him in it. It's less fluid and unpleasing to the eye.

Unfortunately it's become about results at all costs, and percentages and stats.

Entertainment is going out the window...even LJ has said we are less entertaining to watch this season.

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Again you are implying the player is mentally weak.

The thread mentions the word laboured. He can be. The thread mentions his lack of movement and touch. Again both can be poor. And these are elements of any players game that are controlled by the individuals mindset. Its called BAM in some circles. Body Active Movement .. The player controls BAM at all times, nobody else, its a choice … It should matter not two up or two down.

Post 103 states an "If he keeps the effort up" …That  considering his status in the XI should be a given. 

Looking forward … A theme on here is City are frequently boring to watch. I would agree. Nice? No not really so far.

I’m NOT implying anything Team playing better Diedhoiu playing better. It’s symbiotic! 

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Busy with Reif and Pato.

Famara can 'do a job'...lacks consistency...but it's whether it fits with the rest of the team.

To be fair, he can do a job in this league, but I get a feeling many find him hard work and frustrating to watch.

I personally don't like the way the team play with him in it. It's less fluid and unpleasing to the eye.

Unfortunately it's become about results at all costs, and percentages and stats.

Entertainment is going out the window...even LJ has said we are less entertaining to watch this season.

Has he said about the busy bees this season though? Genuinely do not know. Agree it is much more boring but part of me feels that is partly Paterson too. He is never really near Diedhiou often dropping deeper or drifting wide which leaves a giant gap, 2 CBs and usually a holding midfielder to contend with. Not excuses for him as he should do better often times but has to be a tough ask. Also thing about Weimann and Taylor is the goals were not rampant with those two up top either. There was Blackburn but outside that the same 1-2 goals. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Has he said about the busy bees this season though? Genuinely do not know. Agree it is much more boring but part of me feels that is partly Paterson too. He is never really near Diedhiou often dropping deeper or drifting wide which leaves a giant gap, 2 CBs and usually a holding midfielder to contend with. Not excuses for him as he should do better often times but has to be a tough ask. Also thing about Weimann and Taylor is the goals were not rampant with those two up top either. There was Blackburn but outside that the same 1-2 goals. 

Hi mate...yes he's spoken about being busy bees this season.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd look at it another way . We were losing Reid , and Diedhiou was our main striker and big money buy. Since we lost the player that personified our style last year, we have virtually rebuilt the side. Yet we haven't recruited player to fit in with the style we have to play when Fam is in the team. I'd say (again) poor recruitment or poor planning.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd look at it another way . We were losing Reid , and Diedhiou was our main striker and big money buy. Since we lost the player that personified our style last year, we have virtually rebuilt the side. Yet we haven't recruited player to fit in with the style we have to play when Fam is in the team. I'd say (again) poor recruitment or poor planning.

I think Weimann and famara to some extent haven't exactly worked out as hoped. Feel sorry for Taylor...as he doesn't seem to fit now. Not sure how Eisa does either.

We've recruited well defensively...in fact it would be hard to beat.

Hence us playing less expansively imo.

We are playing to our strengths and trying to do our best offensively with players that aren't quite working out yet.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think Weimann and famara to some extent haven't exactly worked out as hoped.

Agree, on paper they look an ideal combo.  I thought they would be good, but thinking back I recall the Birmingham game at home last season when he partnered Djúric.  Djúric took Morrison away from Fam, and Fam played on Dean giving him a tough game....no wonder he gave the evidence he did in “spitgate”.  I don’t think Fam naturally wants to be the donkey-work forward.

Feel sorry for Taylor...as he doesn't seem to fit now. Not sure how Eisa does either.

Yes, and heavily too....Baker was Flint’s replacement (Flint didn’t leave!), plus Webster and Kalas. Plus Hunt too, over £10m!!!

That’s fine.  We weren’t that expansive last season, just neat and tidy, disciplined and drilled to be attractive.  I think it’s “attractive” that’s missing.

We are playing to our strengths and trying to do our best offensively with players that aren't quite working out yet.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think Weimann and famara to some extent haven't exactly worked out as hoped. Feel sorry for Taylor...as he doesn't seem to fit now. Not sure how Eisa does either.

I like Hunt, and Webster looks an excellent signing . Add Kalas and DaSilva and it's very hard to criticise .
Not sure where Weimann was brought in to play. He's very busy, has some pace and makes good runs, so it could be a replacement for Reid. It's plain that hasn't worked , and as we rigidly stick to one up top , he wasn't bought as a 2nd striker. 

I'm not a fan of Taylor, looks and plays like an 'on the shoulder' striker , but doesn't have the real pace. That said, because of how we play, and how the team sets up, he always seems to liven the team up when he comes on.

As for Eisa , he's just this years Engval.

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

Busy with Reif and Pato.

I can't argue with that, other than say that away from home it works very well...

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Application and mindset are psychological parts of a players game. I just wondered why you chose to revisit this thread and not comment on the theme present. Its a frequently a ner ner ner ner trait of posters on Otib … This may not have been your intention. 

I remembered that a while ago someone had posted on a thread about Deidhiou, that he was a shocking player. The poster implied that the player had absolutely nothing going for him.

After Famara's performances over the past 5 or 6 weeks where he has scored four times in eight games, not to mention hitting the woodwork two or three times, and worked his socks off as a lone striker with little support or service, I felt justified in asking the poster if he still felt the same.

In my opinion, the biggest psychological part of a players game is confidence.

The jeering/cheering when Famara was substituted earlier in the season did nothing to boost his confidence.

Don't think we have an identity yet. Within that we don't know a definite playing style we are changing formations until we find a fit. From that how do you expect players to provide performances that match last seasons expectations?

It's all about patience and not piling heaps of pressure on the players. Just enjoy that rollercoaster ride that is Bristol City 

54 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

I do. His all round game isn't the best still. Happy for him to prove me wrong though

"His all round game isn't the best still" isn't quite the same as "Shocking player. Where do I even begin"

13 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Colin Murray and Dean Ashton pointed out on the EFL show that Fammy now has 20 goals in 43 starts..........good numbers. 

Not bad for a "shocking player"???

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Do you mean as a pair or individually? Because if it's the former, I had some doubts. Didn't think it would be that brilliant myself- certainly not in the configuration.

Weimann best paired with Taylor or Paterson behind- the latter being the 4-4-1-1/4-1-4-1 type we had with Reid, team would need other changes to get the most there.

Diedhiou? Well I'm loathe to change a successful formula but Eliasson and O'Dowda in a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 would get the best out of him and the team IMO.

Weimann and Diedhiou? Definitely have attributes that differ, but as a pair? Didn't fully see it and still don't- to say nothing of the prospect of becoming more vulnerable in midfield in such a shape.

Archived