IGNORED

Diedhiou

pl00peh91

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The last sentence is wrong, for the 3rd match in a row, we actually got yet another low driven ball into the 6 yard box and Diedhiou was hiding behind his marker yet again and made no attempt to reach it, at least make effort FFS, even if you give a foul away.

I stand by my point that his record is good, Wiki shows 15 goals in 35 matches - no striker will take every chance and he was possibly flat footed in the example you cite

2 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Fair point.

Booing individuals doesn't help though, when will people get it?

Once more I am sorry but this wasn’t just about today, it was a build up of most of 2018 and the mainly poor form of the team and especially from Diedhiou and Paterson to mention 2, this is a build up of frustration.

Why do you think people have such a forgiving attitude towards Taylor? Because he actually appears to give a shit and puts effort in and never hides.

5 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I stand by my point that his record is good, Wiki shows 15 goals in 35 matches - no striker will take every chance and he was possibly flat footed in the example you cite

And I stand by my point the guy is hiding.

26 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Some of our fans are as thick as shit. Remember the cheering when Bailey Wright got taken off last season against Brentford? Pathetic.

Our starting 11 was wrong has been ever since FD came back, the team know it and confidence is shot before a ball is played, what happened with Wright was largely misinterpreted! I don’t believe he was cheered off, the cheering was toward our manage for doing what he should have done before kickoff - he is clueless, the sooner our owner accept that as fact we can move on an possibly  upward.

8 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Our starting 11 was wrong has been ever since FD came back, the team know it and confidence is shot before a ball is played, what happened with Wright was largely misinterpreted! I don’t believe he was cheered off, the cheering was toward our manage for doing what he should have done before kickoff - he is clueless, the sooner our owner accept that as fact we can move on an possibly  upward.

Oh, I'm with you on the manager! 

But I don't believe cheering a player (whatever the reasons, it looks like it's directed at him) when he's substituted is going to help that player's confidence - and we need his goals this season.

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Was visibly frustrated today, saw him in his subs bench after he left the pitch and he did not look happy at all. Think we need to try Mo Eisa up front when he's fully fit as none of our strikers are firing at the moment. He's inexperienced but can't be much worse than what we have at the moment.

also saw O Leary trying to console him after he noticed Fam with his head on his knees.

he looked a sorry sight.

11 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Oh, I'm with you on the manager! 

But I don't believe cheering a player (whatever the reasons, it looks like it's directed at him) when he's substituted is going to help that player's confidence - and we need his goals this season.

Jesus why is everything about protecting these overpaid, pampered prancing pussies, they love the bullshit that surrounds a win or a goal or even a good performance and have to take the rough with the smooth.

All these people calling fans morons for voicing their opinion is pathetic, in my 60 years of support one thing that the BCFC crowd have always been is very appreciative of a player who actually looks as though he gives a shit and puts in maximum effort but can spot a phoney from a mile off.

For me, at the risk of being considered a consistent Fam critic...

About 90 seconds in, a cross came in. Fam had time to judge it, no man on him. It hit the top of his head and ballooned over. He later completely misjudged several crosses and timed nothing. 

Ive been vocal before that he unbalances the side. However, even when he does that (often), if he plays well in his own game that can be forgiven. Today, he wasn’t even that and was bang awful.  The fact he unbalanced the team didn’t help him at all - if he was playing poorly but contributing to the whole there’s more leeway, but because of the base he’s coming from, that’s not there.

It’s reasonable to say he was cack. What is unreasonable is people booing him/cheering him coming off. Anyone who did that take a look at yourself 

5 minutes ago, Antman said:

also saw O Leary trying to console him after he noticed Fam with his head on his knees.

he looked a sorry sight.

Well what can I say, the likes of John Atyeo, Alby Wilbraham, Bob Taylor, Robbie Turner, George Lowrie and most hard working city strikers over the years would make the fans eat it on their next appearance, not sulk about it.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well what can I say, the likes of John Atyeo, Alby Wilbraham, Bob Taylor, Robbie Turner, George Lowrie and most hard working city strikers over the years would make the fans eat it on their next appearance, not sulk about it.

Wish we had a replica of Alby from a few years ago now. Just to show FD how to be a big strong centre forward more than anything.

Seems a ******* world away.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Jesus why is everything about protecting these overpaid, pampered prancing pussies, they love the bullshit that surrounds a win or a goal or even a good performance and have to take the rough with the smooth.

All these people calling fans morons for voicing their opinion is pathetic, in my 60 years of support one thing that the BCFC crowd have always been is very appreciative of a player who actually looks as though he gives a shit and puts in maximum effort but can spot a phoney from a mile off.

Totally with you on this subject EMB

Our record signing has to be pound for pound one of the weakest / wettest front men I’ve ever seen

Brushed off the ball constantly and with ease

His touch is often abysmal

He doesn’t get in behind , he’s no target man , so today according to LJ the plan was to float crosses for him (Which in fairness described the crossing accurately) only to find Diedhiou either hiding or constantly completely flat footed , never on the move or in a position to attack a cross - truly pitiful

So.....what are his strengths - I hoped it was attacking crosses but today’s pitiful effort seems to have killed that hope 

As you say Hides, or alternatively has no footballing brain 

Lacks desire and commitment , before debating his ability 

Dont believe he’s overly interested in being here

Absolute morons who cheered as Diedhiou was taken off, yes he wasn’t great but not his fault he’s getting long balls pumped up to him at any given chance, the times he did hold it up there was not 1 City player within 20 yards of him offering support.

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Absolute morons who cheered as Diedhiou was taken off, yes he wasn’t great but not his fault he’s getting long balls pumped up to him at any given chance, the times he did hold it up there was not 1 City player within 20 yards of him offering support.

You are clutching at straws, on the odd occasion he managed to hold the ball up without either falling over or being easily moved off of the ball, he either delivered a hospital pass to a colleague or one straight to an opponent.

I will say it again, the guy is managing to hide in the opponents penalty area and that is his fault.

When was the last game he actually looked like any kind of goal threat?

Diedhiou has been cack for weeks now and today's performance was one of his worst. I thought that the cheering/booing was as much aimed at LJ as FD. Essentially, a large number of fans (me included) think that others should start ahead of him and the cheering was pretty much the only way to try to get this point across to LJ. In my view consistently starting him when he's bang out of form is going to shred his confidence far more than a few grumbles from the fans!!

The problem with booing/cheering you're own player is not only will his already low confidence tumble further but every other player on the pitch is now thinking- crikey, better not make a mistake or that'll be me and all my family are in the stand.

And then the rest of the team are hiding and low on confidence. 

It does our own team absolutely no favours but if it makes those who did it feel better...........i guess they pay their money! 

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are clutching at straws, on the odd occasion he managed to hold the ball up without either falling over or being easily moved off of the ball, he either delivered a hospital pass to a colleague or one straight to an opponent.

I will say it again, the guy is managing to hide in the opponents penalty area and that is his fault.

When was the last game he actually looked like any kind of goal threat?

Clutching at straws??? He had no support whatsoever from any of his team mates today, hiding in the opponents box too? Yes I suppose we should just blame him for the shit crosses into him aswell shouldn’t we. I’ve said previously FD does not suit the way we play/should be playing, but the cheering and now stick he’s getting on here is OTT.

Fam is off form but he is still the only player to score for us in open play in last 4 home games. That should have us all worried.

Let's be clear, despite his size he is not a target man. It's not his game and the lump ball and poor crosses he was offered today would have made Cheesley look like a donkey.

I blame LJ. He doesn't know his best team. He doesn't know his best formation. He is chopping & changing like a classic Tinkerman, which indicates to him being clueless as to how turn things around. And in the meantime the confidence of the players is dropping...

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Clutching at straws??? He had no support whatsoever from any of his team mates today, hiding in the opponents box too? Yes I suppose we should just blame him for the shit crosses into him aswell shouldn’t we. I’ve said previously FD does not suit the way we play/should be playing, but the cheering and now stick he’s getting on here is OTT.

I watched him live before he signed for us and probably before you and others had even heard of him.

At his former club Angers, my god he was isolated far more than he will ever be isolated playing for us and when I say isolated their tactics were not taking chances by bombing on and getting anywhere near him anytime soon, they were the most patient team I have seen in a long while, but he managed to do that with strength and ease and even poise, it was mainly because of his efforts that Angers managed an unlikely point on the night.

Who knows maybe LJ was even in the crowd that night.

All the people who cheered off/scapegoated Diédhiou need to get their head out of the sand and realise football is a team game and Diédhiou isn’t our only poor player and he was better than most of our players today. The guy had no support from other players and he had no support from the fans. But because his name is Famara Diédhiou and he is the scapegoat then he’s the only player that comes out criticised. People need to wake up and see that Diédhiou isn’t the reason we’re not playing well.

6 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

The previous home match against Stoke when he had two headers (one of which was a cracker) come back off the bar? 

And in the self same games late on there were 2 low driven crosses into the 6 yard box and for both of them he was conveniently behind the last defender but like a similar chance today and 2 others at Reading he never once attempted to slide in and make contact, when I suspect most strikers worth their salt would have.

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

All the people who cheered off/scapegoated Diédhiou need to get their head out of the sand and realise football is a team game and Diédhiou isn’t our only poor player and he was better than most of our players today. The guy had no support from other players and he had no support from the fans. But because his name is Famara Diédhiou and he is the scapegoat then he’s the only player that comes out criticised. People need to wake up and see that Diédhiou isn’t the reason we’re not playing well.

Nobody is suggesting what you are saying, people are venting their frustration because like with Paterson and now Pack it is being allowed to go on for far too long.

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I can with 100% confidence say that the whole team including the subs that came on today were absolute s***e as well as the manager/coach.

If the players find today acceptable to churn out that garbage then don’t be surprised when fans boo the team or individuals

We fans know the difference between a team putting 100% in and not and today was absolutely abysmal

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And in the self same games late on there were 2 low driven crosses into the 6 yard box and for both of them he was conveniently behind the last defender but like a similar chance today and 2 others at Reading he never once attempted to slide in and make contact, when I suspect most strikers worth their salt would have.

True. He’s just low on confidence isn’t he. Jeez - we need Mo Eisa to properly get back in contention for first team action. None of the strikers in today’s squad are firing properly right now. 

Archived