IGNORED

Can anyone make a case for sticking with LJ

hoxton casual

On 10/11/2018 at 21:42, hoxton casual said:

Everyone seems to be in agreement his tome has come, but maybe his supporters are not posting. I would be interested to hear any views on why we should persist. I cannot think of any myself but maybe I am missing something?

I don't think sacking him helps the situation.  He has his pros and cons the weekends effort is clearly a con.  But there are a number of clubs going through similar runs of form, I'd say December to be sure it's not just bad luck.

On 10/11/2018 at 21:42, hoxton casual said:

Everyone seems to be in agreement his tome has come, but maybe his supporters are not posting. I would be interested to hear any views on why we should persist. I cannot think of any myself but maybe I am missing something?

Personally, I'd throw the book at him.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:15, Robbored said:

I’d be surprised if they did have candidates in mind.

Seriously.....for a head coach with LJ's record of losing streaks that now happen on a regular basis,if they haven't got some irons in the fire it shows that this club is happy with mediocrity.

8 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

I may recall wrongly, but I’m sure McCarthy’s Wolves team played pretty good football when they were in the Championship. 

Yep, and in the three seasons McCarthy managed Wolves in the championship they finished 5th, 7th, 1st....then had three seasons in the premier league under Mick....but a significant number of our fans don’t want him....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, and in the three seasons McCarthy managed Wolves in the championship they finished 5th, 7th, 1st....then had three seasons in the premier league under Mick....but a significant number of our fans don’t want him....

We have a snobbiness, that doesn’t think players or managers who’ve plyed their trade at the level above us are good enough unless they come from a top 6 club....which never happens (unless on loan).  On twitter I had a debate with someone who said we should never have Moyes because he referred to us as Bristol.

The interesting thing I have noticed is before there was probably about a fifty fifty split of LJ out and give LJ more time... now very few are backing him.

I believed he was heading in the right direction and after saving us from relegation and the great cup run he deserved more time. Now I will happily admit time is up. We're going backwards and it's time for a change.

Sorry LJ. I really wanted it to work but time to go.

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why ‘confused’ at this post @exAtyeoMax ?! Seems pretty straightforward and clear?

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We have a snobbiness, that doesn’t think players or managers who’ve plyed their trade at the level above us are good enough unless they come from a top 6 club....which never happens (unless on loan).  On twitter I had a debate with someone who said we should never have Moyes because he referred to us as Bristol.

Yep, lots think we are a bigger club than we actually are....and they think we are a huge attraction for both players and managers...we’ve achieved nothing in the game of any real significance....

On 10/11/2018 at 23:41, Rich said:

I can make a case for Mr Johnson.  He'll have to pack it himself though.

Seriously, there is no case, people have protected him for long enough and made up excuse after excuse. He's a rookie manager (how long for), his win record is good, not since last December it's not. He saved us from relegation, personally think the players did that by pulling the stops out and stopping the in fighting. He is a tinker man and has a few favourites like a spoilt kid. The more tools he has, the more he over thinks and uses them, spoiling any team bonding and consistency. It's no coincidence that our best spell under Johnson came when we had an injury crisis, forcing his hand re team selection. No coincidence either that, on the return of injured players, the consistency and spirit went out of the team, along with results.

It's about time Mr Lansdown stopped throwing good money after bad, get rid and cut your losses. LJ might be a good man behind the scenes and has a good vision for the club but, he has little idea of how to set up a team and even less of how to combat another team and their manager. He's being taught lesson after lesson by other managers but not learning or, not learning enough, quickly enough.

Exactly make him ballboy and get a proper manager in

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

After reading MMcC's wiki page, he's got some record as a club Manager!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_McCarthy

We could do a lot worse if we were in the market for a new boss. 

You didn’t have to look at Wiki....I’m bored at the number of times I’ve quoted his track record on here! Can’t believe you’ve missed my eloquent rants on numerous threads....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate - now, given your username I need your opinion....my band knows we need to add a Specials track to our repertoire, especially as the festive season rushes towards us.....we are torn between Gangsters and Too Much Too Young...any thoughts?!

Gangsters gets my vote!

I know you weren't asking me but....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate - now, given your username I need your opinion....my band knows we need to add a Specials track to our repertoire, especially as the festive season rushes towards us.....we are torn between Gangsters and Too Much Too Young...any thoughts?!

That's a really tough choice BS4. I notice my favourite Specials track, Pressure drop, isn't on there but out of those 2, I would probably go with too much too young, a blinding track. There are sooo many to choose from TBH. 

When you play in Bristol, put it on here, if that's the era you're playing, I will come and have a skank. ;)

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Gangsters gets my vote!

I know you weren't asking me but....

Ain't that the beauty of a forum? All about choice eh! :flowers:

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Maggie's Farm - no reference to Mrs Lansdown intended....?

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's a really tough choice BS4. I notice my favourite Specials track, Pressure drop, isn't on there but out of those 2, I would probably go with too much too young, a blinding track. There are sooo many to choose from TBH. 

When you play in Bristol, put it on here, if that's the era you're playing, I will come and have a skank. ;)

We play a mix of Britpop, indie, punk, rock, mod and ska covers mate - if that’s your thing I’ll let you know when we’re around...

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Too Much Too Young

Brilliant 

Archived