IGNORED

Do the honourable thing.

cidered abroad

40 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Not going to happen sadly. Manager never seem to resign in football any more - other than for personal reasons or a huge bust up with the owners. 

What tends to happen in many businesses is that the manager will have a discussion with the directors and they will arrive at a mutually agreeable outcome.  

42 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Can’t see him taking the decision to leave.

I can’t see Lansdown taking the decision to sack him either, but his contract is up at the end of the season unless I’ve missed an extension, so hopefully we choose not to renew it. 

It was extended at some point since he’s been here I thought.

• Admin
37 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

Get a grip! Why would anyone resign and suffer financial detriment. 

I would imagine not everyone on here is great at their job day in day out, so would you quit your job if you were under performing? Hardly likley. 

It’s not like someone on £20K a year, worrying about paying the bills, the overloaded credit card, the broken domestic appliance that they can’t afford to replace etc. is it.  He wouldn’t be in imminent danger of having his house reposssessed, of having the CCJ’s stacking up, so the commonality with people on here isn’t really relevant.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s not like someone on £20K a year, worrying about paying the bills, the overloaded credit card, the broken domestic appliance that they can’t afford to replace etc. is it.  He wouldn’t be in imminent danger of having his house being reposssessed, of having the CCJ’s stacking up, so the commonality with people on here isn’t really relevant.

Great post and puts football wages into perspective

4 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Great post and puts football wages into perspective

And also when people ( not you) counter argue that they only have a short career it makes my blood boil. Footballers probably earn 10 times what ‘ordinary’ people do, if I’m expected to fund myself for a year on my wages then surely a footballer should be able to fund himself for 10 years? 

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s not like someone on £20K a year, worrying about paying the bills, the overloaded credit card, the broken domestic appliance that they can’t afford to replace etc. is it.  He wouldn’t be in imminent danger of having his house reposssessed, of having the CCJ’s stacking up, so the commonality with people on here isn’t really relevant.

So true. ‘ financial detriment ‘ christ almighty my heart will bleed for Lee when he gets the sack, i hope he knows where all of Bristol’s food banks are..

51 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

Get a grip! Why would anyone resign and suffer financial detriment. 

I would imagine not everyone on here is great at their job day in day out, so would you quit your job if you were under performing? Hardly likley. 

But there is a very big difference between LJ and 99% of us.

He's a £millionaire from his "Property Development" business, mostly financed by his wages at Yeovil and City under his father's management. If you and I lost our job, within a month we'd be almost destitute and scared stiff about non payment of the mortgage let alone the weekly grocery.

When he bought a bottle of £375 wine for Mourinho, everyone should have realised that LJ does not live in the same world as us.

Sack him now. He will not be homeless or starving!

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He's a £millionaire from his "Property Development" business, mostly financed by his wages at Yeovil and City under his father's management. If you and I lost our job, within a month we'd be almost destitute and scared stiff about non payment of the mortgage let alone the weekly grocery.

When he bought a bottle of £375 wine for Mourinho, everyone should have realised that LJ does not live in the same world as us.

Agree with all your points however I suspect the receipt for the infamous bottle of wine went through in his expenses claim last December!

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Quite right I wouldn't even give Mourinho a bottle of Mateus Rose.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, runs to 2020 so presumably the end of next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38257893

Ah yes how could I forget that, was announced after we beat Ipswich following on from 3 losses in a row & once signed, we lost the 8 after! ?

Think it was rumoured at the time, they were waiting for the 'right moment' to let us know. 

2020 might be too long to wait, was hoping he'd be gone by next summer at the very most!

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He'll surely get another four years extension at Christmas. 

Wasn’t it announced last time at a Q&A around Christmas time or something? I remember we were going through a lean patch and the news was totally out of the blue and the timing was terrible?

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

And also when people ( not you) counter argue that they only have a short career it makes my blood boil. Footballers probably earn 10 times what ‘ordinary’ people do, if I’m expected to fund myself for a year on my wages then surely a footballer should be able to fund himself for 10 years? 

Yes I think that was true up to 10 years ago in our league but i assume young man like Brownhill is in 500k a year already?

4 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Yes I think that was true up to 10 years ago in our league but i assume young man like Brownhill is in 500k a year already?

I reckon all our first squad is on 250-500k per season. That is from 5-10k a week. Exceptions would be those on their first contract or from academy. Kelly for example is probably not on loads. O’Dowda from L2 maynot be on much. Brownhill signed an extension and I imagine put him closer to the 10k a week than 5k

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Whether you want him here or not it’s ridiculous to say he should resign. 

I do think it is illogical to believe he will or should resign. Yes he does not need the money but i don't think that is why he is a manager. However much we think his time has come, he must have the self belief he can fix it. I personally think he is a genuine hardworking manager,, who really believes he can crack the code like Eddie Howe. Maybe he can, be if he learns from his mistakes here. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I reckon all our first squad is on 250-500k per season. That is from 5-10k a week. Exceptions would be those on their first contract or from academy. Kelly for example is probably not on loads. O’Dowda from L2 maynot be on much. Brownhill signed an extension and I imagine put him closer to the 10k a week than 5k

Looking at our wage bill I think you underestimate some wages

15 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I do think it is illogical to believe he will or should resign. Yes he does not need the money but i don't think that is why he is a manager. However much we think his time has come, he must have the self belief he can fix it. I personally think he is a genuine hardworking manager,, who really believes he can crack the code like Eddie Howe. Maybe he can, be if he learns from his mistakes here. 

This.

Managers have great self-belief, great belief in their own abilities and yeah an ego.

Expecting him to resign is just unrealistic- he will back himself to turn it around again until it becomes untenable or until he turns it around- won't quit ahead of time though (unless perhaps he gets a big offer elsewhere)?

Archived