IGNORED

Do the honourable thing.

cidered abroad

4 hours ago, Undy English said:

Just to play Devil's advocate, should we all stop blaming Johnson and point the finger at Lansdown, who's refusal to part with cash for big names/wages and really make a push for the Prem is the reason we're in this position?

We did invest in a sense- last season was the last chance to go up before we had to sell- we added Baker, Diedhiou and for a lesser price with mixed results, Steele, Pisano, Eliasson and in January Walsh (and less effectively, loaned in Woodrow and Leko in summer, then it got worse but still cost us- Kent and Diony in the winter) and kept hold of key assets and squad players throughout last season- as in the big 3, plus Magnússon and Djuric.

Once that was not concluded with promotion, this summer was the inevitable result. We were at our limit as a club financially.

The other alternative would be how to invest a little in terms of net spend, and still keep within financial regs- the net result would be to slash the wage bill overnight and I mean slash- League One says hello.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We did invest in a sense- last season was the last chance to go up before we had to sell- we added Baker, Diedhiou and for a lesser price with mixed results, Steele, Pisano, Eliasson and in January Walsh (and less effectively, loaned in Woodrow and Leko in summer, then it got worse but still cost us- Kent and Diony in the winter) and kept hold of key assets and squad players throughout last season- as in the big 3, plus Magnússon and Djuric.

Once that was not concluded with promotion, this summer was the inevitable result. We were at our limit as a club financially.

The other alternative would be how to invest a little in terms of net spend, and still keep within financial regs- the net result would be to slash the wage bill overnight and I mean slash- League One says hello.

Mr Popodopolous, just wanted to say that your knowledge of the club's finances and excellent grasp of the economic situation always impresses me.  I have no such knowledge or time to research the matter, so I do enjoy reading your informative posts.  Just wanted to offer you some gratitude, cheers Mr P.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think that’s spot on M

as usual :thumbsup:

Sorry if I confused you or anyone else Major

That was his words when signing a new contract at ........uhmmmm...

Oldham

No worries all managers / coaches learn the same lines at coaching school .

Along with , big club , potential, great fans , always my dream to manage, insert name of club ( probably written by the newbie on his hand so he knows where he is ) 

It's all bull droppings and only the Gas believe it .

23 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s not like someone on £20K a year, worrying about paying the bills, the overloaded credit card, the broken domestic appliance that they can’t afford to replace etc. is it.  He wouldn’t be in imminent danger of having his house reposssessed, of having the CCJ’s stacking up, so the commonality with people on here isn’t really relevant.

I get that, but not everyone will be in the same position as you’ve described. I’m fairly certain there will be some on here on a decent salary that wouldn’t just quit their job because they were underperforming at work. 

22 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

But there is a very big difference between LJ and 99% of us.

He's a £millionaire from his "Property Development" business, mostly financed by his wages at Yeovil and City under his father's management. If you and I lost our job, within a month we'd be almost destitute and scared stiff about non payment of the mortgage let alone the weekly grocery.

When he bought a bottle of £375 wine for Mourinho, everyone should have realised that LJ does not live in the same world as us.

Sack him now. He will not be homeless or starving!

You’ve missed my point. I’ve explained why it is unrealistic to expect him to resigned - you’ve said he should be sacked, which I agree will be the only option if the club ever do decide to get rid.

51 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

You’ve missed my point. I’ve explained why it is unrealistic to expect him to resigned - you’ve said he should be sacked, which I agree will be the only option if the club ever do decide to get rid.

Alright, I'll plead with LJ to resign.

But neither resignation nor sacking will happen. We are lumbered with him until SL sees the light.

Although, throughout my working life, I have believed that one should never give control of a company to an accountant. They are too cautious, they predict what will happen based only on what has gone before. In plain words, they are historians who rarely if ever gamble. SL did some gambling on managers in the past, got his fingers burnt, so will never gamble again at City. That is not a criticism if SL, just a statement of fact (IMO). So we will continue to bounce down and up between Championship and Hades. Book your seats for next season's opener against Walsall.

Archived