IGNORED

We are doing a fantastic job at City

Major Isewater

Yes , we are doing an amazing job at City . 

Why ? 

We are not only a classroom for young inexperienced coaches but equally young inexperienced players . 

This I believe is one of the reasons why we are struggling.

With our policy of bringing in youngsters to sell on we would be better served with an experienced coaching team who could give them the reassurance they need to kick on. 

I don't believe City can afford to take the risks they are taking at this level of football.

No appointment is 100% sure of course but a coach such as Mick McCarthy has the credentials to make players sit up and listen to what he has to say . 

If he still has the fire in his belly I would love him here at the Gate.

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't believe City can afford to take the risks they are taking at this level of football.

Major you appear to have changed your tune somewhat, at the start of the campaign it was all let's all enjoy the ride on this potential rollercoaster of a season.

All the positivity seems to have drained out of the club and we seem to be going backwards at an alarming rate.

Having watched Wolves away at Arsenal on MOTD2 it seems inconceivable that less than 12 months ago we were unlucky to loseto them .

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not yet another tiresome thread...........jeez this place is sooooo predicable

If you could look beyond your own preconceptions you would perhaps notice that I genuinely believe that we are doing an amazing job with the tools at our disposal.

My reasoning is that perhaps we are asking too much of our young coaches and young players when we are trying to compete in one of the world's toughest leagues.

A more experienced coaching staff could just may be help the club to avoid these frequent passages of panic when we go into a footballing tail spin .

Your posts really are the forum equivalent of itchy haemorroids.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If you could look beyond your own preconceptions you would perhaps notice that I genuinely believe that we are doing an amazing job with the tools at our disposal.

My reasoning is that perhaps we are asking too much of our young coaches and young players when we are trying to compete in one of the world's toughest leagues.

A more experienced coaching staff could just may be help the club to avoid these frequent passages of panic when we go into a footballing tail spin .

No need to explain yourself Major.

The thing is, I agree with a lot of what the Major says but with LJ I see few signs- and I know he is inexperienced- but I see, especially when the heat is on, few signs of him learning from the mistakes or the views on tactics and other areas.

Mistakes happen, experienced coaches can get it wrong- but the same patterns, seemingly a lack of learning (and I don't for one second underestimate how competitive this division is) are worrying. Appreciate also you never stop learning- well it's a good mindset to have, but in certain respects I wonder when it (learning) begins for him.

I have to say that if you did a straw poll of City fans and asked them if they would want Mick McCarthy as manager you would likely get a result about as close as Brexit.  And that would be a reason to go nowhere near him.   His appointment would split the fan base.  

For the record I would emphatically be on the no side (again!).

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I have to say that if you did a straw poll of City fans and asked them if they would want Mick McCarthy as manager you would likely get a result about as close as Brexit.  And that would be a reason to go nowhere near him.   His appointment would split the fan base.  

With his track record I really don't see why we wouldn't want him tbh.

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Why?

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

I think it’s tough to make an appointment that won’t split the fan base, it always does. Johnson has. Cotterill did. 

‘If’ Johnson was sacked, I can’t really imagine one available, suitable manager that would work to our criteria who wouldn’t split the fan base.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they come from abroad. Plenty won’t be happy with that. 

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why?

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

With his track record I really don't see why we wouldn't want him tbh.

Football is about more than results for me.  I go to football to be entertained.  And whilst I agree that right now that isn't happening, under McCarthy you would see a functional side and very little else.  Ipswich fans were crying out for him to leave for ages before he finally did due to the negative, boring shite they were watching.  So for a similar reason that I wouldn't want Warnock here (though you could add in the fact he's a classless tosser), I also wouldn't want McCarthy.

Oh well, if appointing MM guarantees success we’d best prepare for a bidding war as 23 other clubs will want him. Not sure what some posters want, there are no guarantees at this level, if we spend big we fall foul of FFP and threaten the long term future, bring in ‘experience’ and we go back to a squad of journeymen picking up a pay packet.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Ah, the old 'passion on the touchline' phrase. I was wondering when that one would come out.

For what it's worth I'm as pi55ed off with our performances as anyone else.

Fair enough RRH, get your point as well. But I bet neither of them would have legged it down the tunnel after that $h*tshow on Saturday like LJ did. That irked me nearly as much as the performance! 

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Football is about more than results for me.  I go to football to be entertained.  And whilst I agree that right now that isn't happening, under McCarthy you would see a functional side and very little else.  Ipswich fans were crying out for him to leave for ages before he finally did due to the negative, boring shite they were watching.  So for a similar reason that I wouldn't want Warnock here (though you could add in the fact he's a classless ********), I also wouldn't want McCarthy.

I didn't start the thread as an advertising campaign for McCarthy but to highlight the point that despite our coaching staff having an average age of twelve and our players mostly just out of nappies we're actually not doing too badly .

However , I feel we could be better , more competitive with an experienced coaching staff .

MM did a fantastic job at Ipswich with a budget consisting of a ball of used string , two conkers and a half eaten chewing gum . 

He also fashioned very successful teams at Wolves, Millwall and Eire .

I would be happy to have him at City to stabilise and develop the club. 

Archived