IGNORED

We are doing a fantastic job at City

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I respect Warnock in a lot of ways....but I think Cardiff might be his swan song.  I bet he would’ve liked the City job back when LJ was appointed, and I think he has a soft spot for us deep down.

He would have walked here for the job on a few occasions 

SL has openly said he is not a fan of Mr Warnock so was never going to happen

8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

He wasn't sacked.

Correct....and they weren’t drab at this point of 17/18 season....9 wins, 7 defeats, 5th place, plenty of goals....5-2 v Sunderland, 4-3 v Millwall (both former clubs funnily enough).

It went wrong when there started to be a debate whether either MM wanted to stay or Board wanted MM to stay....not sure we know which way round it was.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Then you’d be back when we were on the verge of promotion, sneaking into Ashton Gate in disguise to have a peek at a successful side....

You got a good memory!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can I ask what made you renew over the last few seasons? Assuming you have done so of course. I’ve renewed mine continually but I think it’s been out of habit and blind loyalty rather than proper belief....but I’d rush to renew asap if we got in a proper, successful guy like MM - with his incredible track record....I’d have a rush of enthusiasm again and would feel genuinely excited about the near - future....

After years of struggling in the Championship I became bored of going to games, I had other things going on in my life where spending 300+ on a season ticket plus all the match day costs wasn't really a priority.

What got me back into it was the new facilities. Match days are now much more enjoyable now even if we lose.

It took me to the day before the season started to renew my ticket this year.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Correct....and they weren’t drab at this point of 17/18 season....9 wins, 7 defeats, 5th place, plenty of goals....5-2 v Sunderland, 4-3 v Millwall (both former clubs funnily enough).

It went wrong when there started to be a debate whether either MM wanted to stay or Board wanted MM to stay....not sure we know which way round it was.

They weren't drab but looking in from the outside, it seemed that they were fairly counterattacking- as in arguably they won games they had no right to win. Took a quick look and they scored 9 goals from 11 shots on target and won their first 4 off the back of it! Or 9 from 34 in total- compare it to our conversion rate this season.

Fairly sure Experimental 3-6-1 had them losing a fair bit of the time, and this season they have regressed to the mean- which means another tick to McCarthy for over-performing!

(That said, losing Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner- the goals and assists they contributed- would have challenged even him= plus at the other end Webster of course, all in one summer).

Archived