IGNORED

David Moyes?

supercidered

I was told by someone at the match on Saturday that there had been some sort of bust up between players at training last Wednesday. In addition, that David Moyes was in line to take over from LJ. I didn't pay much attention to this at the time but it was brought up again today via a different source. Talks been held and could be made public by as soon as tomorrow. 

I don't post bullsh!t and it may already be posted elsewhere, I'm just posting what was said. I'm now having a dig around to see if I can get any more on this.

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I was told by someone at the match on Saturday that there had been some sort of bust up between players at training last Wednesday. In addition, that David Moyes was in line to take over from LJ. I didn't pay much attention to this at the time but it was brought up again today via a different source. Talks been held and could be made public by as soon as tomorrow. 

I don't post bullsh!t and it may already be posted elsewhere, I'm just posting what was said. I'm now having a dig around to see if I can get any more on this.

???

• Admin

I would say that it is bull shit, let me explain why

The players and others have "bust ups" all the time in training, this is nothing new and nothing new to Bristol City

The Moyes stories have funnily all started from when he was at the ground a few weeks ago attending the Wembley reunion of 1986.

It started on social media that Moyes was seen at the ground - well yes he was, but he was there with other attending a specific event

Next thing like Chinese whispers the story evolves into something else and then as more and more people hear it suddenly it becomes gospel !

I've seen the tweet too where someone is claiming it and have heard from a few different people that "Moyes was replacing LJ" and all the people go back to the same tweet

Social media is a dangerous and powerful tool in this day and age

Complete and utter rubbish that there was a bust up at training last Wednesday. No idea about anything else but I can completely put to bed about any disharmony at all last Wednesday never mind a bust up. I cannot say how I know, but you are going to have to trust me on this, or not.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I would say that it is bull shit, let me explain why

The players and others have "bust ups" all the time in training, this is nothing new and nothing new to Bristol City

The Moyes stories have funnily all started from when he was at the ground a few weeks ago attending the Wembley reunion of 1986.

It started on social media that Moyes was seen at the ground - well yes he was, but he was there with other attending a specific event

Next thing like Chinese whispers the story evolves into something else and then as more and more people hear it suddenly it becomes gospel !

I've seen the tweet too where someone is claiming it and have heard from a few different people that "Moyes was replacing LJ" and all the people go back to the same tweet

Social media is a dangerous and powerful tool in this day and age

Hit the nail on the head. Any story that starts with 'my mate told me' or versions of are usually rubbish and unsubstantiated. Thing is with social media now people take the slightest idea and run with it...

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Complete and utter rubbish that there was a bust up at training last Wednesday. No idea about anything else but I can completely put to bed about any disharmony at all last Wednesday never mind a bust up. I cannot say how I know, but you are going to have to trust me on this, or not.

I can back you up on this one M

It was Thursday

?️‍♀️

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Imagine if Moyesy was appointed tomorrow though?

What would you do?

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Funny you should say that , they were both recently seen at the Gate. 

There may be something in this .

I heard Terry Cooper was seen recently too, but people say never go back?  Gawd they must be queuing up for the job?

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah the posts I have seen on Twitter are from posters called Roy de alien and Lloyd Kelly’s Afro...sounds legit to me

Oi. Lloyd's Afro is alright you know.

Perfectly coiffed, it takes hours of styling and mountains of product to get just right. There's no half assed action there.

I believe.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Oi. Lloyd's Afro is alright you know.

Perfectly coiffed, it takes hours of styling and mountains of product to get just right. There's no half assed action there.

I believe.

My advice to my daughter has always been to be wary of a bloke who spends longer than you do on his hair, there can only be one winner. ?

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Work out how to get around the restraining order! :bounce:

Some chloroform and a pillowcase is my tip M....

A few hours later M introduces herself to the new Manager Mr Moyes

Hello David (purrrrrrrrrr). I’m Lisa Knights , nice to meet you.......(purrrrrrrrrr) ‘

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah the posts I have seen on Twitter are from posters called Roy de alien and Lloyd Kelly’s Afro...sounds legit to me

Roy de alien. Not heard that name for a while.....

LJ isn't going anywhere yet - look at the support he had last year despite the shitty run we had. Not going to happen.

That being said though, I wouldn't be disappointed if he went. Even happier if Moyes replaced him - he has something to prove, and has proven that if he's given time, he is a success. Also whilst at West Ham, he was taken on on a short term basis, whilst being told to keep them up. Which he did.

Again though, LJ is going nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Roy de alien. Not heard that name for a while.....

LJ isn't going anywhere yet - look at the support he had last year despite the shitty run we had. Not going to happen.

That being said though, I wouldn't be disappointed if he went. Even happier if Moyes replaced him - he has something to prove, and has proven that if he's given time, he is a success. Also whilst at West Ham, he was taken on on a short term basis, whilst being told to keep them up. Which he did.

Again though, LJ is going nowhere.

Starts bad ?

Middle bit ok ?

Ending crap ?

How much was Moyes on at West Ham? 

Ok, have answered my own question. This is from The Times on 9th November 2017 (paywalled so have lifted direct quotes):

"Moyes is hopeful of being given the job permanently next summer after accepting a six-month contract to keep West Ham up this season, with the 54-year-old in line to receive a £2 million bonus, which will more than double his salary, if the club avoid relegation."

So, he was paid around £1m(ish). For just six months. 

Now, what's Johnson on?

Moyes to City is never ever going to happen. It is such a backwards step for him, why would he? He'll be eyeing up a struggling Prem side or something abroad. Even if he was interested, would Lansdown sanction such a huge salary? 

Anyway, I can't see Johnson going anywhere just yet. 

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Some people do have an affection with ex clubs and also want to live in a nice area. Im sure hes got enough money to never need to work again but he may see us as a club going places and would like to be part of it.

He’s got a huge house just outside Preston, has lived in it for years. So I guess he’s found his ‘nice area’. He’s obviously moved around for work, but don’t kid yourself he is looking to move back down here,  that if anything isn’t going to attract him.

Personally I don’t think he will ever be our manager. 

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

He’s got a huge house just outside Preston, has lived in it for years. So I guess he’s found his ‘nice area’. He’s obviously moved around for work, but don’t kid yourself he is looking to move back down here,  that if anything isn’t going to attract him.

Personally I don’t think he will ever be our manager. 

How tough was the security M ?

Nice garden ?

?️‍♀️

Archived