IGNORED

Fans Forum

phantom

I still think he was brought to the club in the wrong role

I think he works hard and can coach younger players and improve those that listen to him or respect him

Im not sure he’s a leader or a manager

I think he would have been perfect in charge of the Club , U23s and under developing and preparing those coming through

Right man, wrong job I feel

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think he works hard and can coach younger players and improve those that listen to him or respect him

I think he would have been perfect in charge of the Club , U23s and under developing and preparing those coming through

Yes, I said that in the summer. Feel that SL isn't really doing him any favours in that regard but what do I know. Just my feeling (everyone says he's an excellent coach, so why not just be a coach?) 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We did say afterwards when he said he was dissapointed how many came that an hour is not enough, ( 5 or 6 questions) and people wouldn’t spend hours travelling for an hour

They pointed out that no recording was to be made as they didn’t want it out in social media so Facebook etc isn’t going to happen

I can understand this largely as they do try and answer questions openly and don’t pre vet any question , so you have to admire that

The actual forum section , for obvious reasons isn’t going to be massively revealing when speaking so publicly 

Speaking to them afterwards is when you get better answers , good or bad , and get to literally look in their eyes when they are talking to you

Thats the benefit, to me anyway

Oh , Tbf there was a free drink for anyone attending

I get they don't want certain stuff being said publicly so no video but they could have structured it to allow for it. I know you've pointed out the not pre-vetting questions but they could have asked for questions beforehand to select ones they could publicly talk about via a stream, from what has been said the training ground, badge, perhaps the stuff about Diedhiou and not planning transfers for January could have been talked about before shutting off the stream for questions taken from the room to keep that environment of openness with those in attendance. Appreciate its good that they're doing it all tbh so don't want to sound too critical.

He did make a bizarre claim at one point that

Thirty.....

yes 

thirty

Manchester United Scouts watched him at one game .....

As apparently United And Man City And someone else who I forget are using Lloyd as a case study

:dunno:

Sure it wasn't a scout group from Manchester? dib dib dib

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If he ever didn't fancy the head coach role anymore I think he'd be a great head of coaching at an academy, his passion delivering sessions is clear if you ever get to see it.

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The attendance was again pitiful

LJ commented he was dissapointed 

It must give the impression that the fans aren’t actually that interested 

Putting aside any criticisms or concerns and there are many , I think they are a positive thing and would be much better if more attended , and they were longer

Tbf to LJ ,DH and JM they all hang around afterwards as did MA and JL and were there to ask direct questions - that’s the real value

Lee certainly had a polite grilling

Why would fans be interested though when they have absolutely no genuine input at all.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We did say afterwards when he said he was dissapointed how many came that an hour is not enough, ( 5 or 6 questions) and people wouldn’t spend hours travelling for an hour

If the club REALLY wanted people to be there they wouldn't hold it on a midweek evening when nothing was on! 

It's been highlighted to the club time and time again in the past, there was the promise of it being on a matchday a few hours before kick off. 

The club seems to assume everyone lives near to to the ground and not hours travelling away 

One thing that surprises me is that the SC&T were not involved tonight, didn't they used to manage these forums? 

Do they actually want a big turn out? A bit more than 4-5 days notice and a later start, say 8pm, would have boosted the attendance a bit I reckon.

Although I've been to several of these Q&A's in the past and apart from a couple held on open days there are never very many there.

I don’t think I’m breaking any confidence that he sees the biggest blow from last season was losing Bobby Reid

He explained Reid’s value to the side and system both during aNd  particularly when we were chatting afterwards

I can tell you that Reid went past / beat defenders 4/5 times per game more than AW/FD/JP are combined

He talked about his ability in the press which is something most of us have discussed on numerous occasions

I thought all the points he made about Reid were spot on Tbf

• Admin
9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Making the same mistake we did with Brian Tinnion, luckily he managed to find his way to the perfect position a few years later 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

I get they don't want certain stuff being said publicly so no video but they could have structured it to allow for it. I know you've pointed out the not pre-vetting questions but they could have asked for questions beforehand to select ones they could publicly talk about via a stream, from what has been said the training ground, badge, perhaps the stuff about Diedhiou and not planning transfers for January could have been talked about before shutting off the stream for questions taken from the room to keep that environment of openness with those in attendance. Appreciate its good that they're doing it all tbh so don't want to sound too critical.

Agree

Ohhhhh

Reminds me

Training ground

Finally got the all clear from Sec of State 10 days ago

Hope to start work in spring

Will take 18 months before they can move the whole academy etc over to Failand but the training ground will be ‘the business’

I don’t think I’m breaking any confidence that he sees the biggest blow from last season was losing Bobby Reid

He explained Reid’s value to the side and system both during aNd  particularly when we were chatting afterwards

I can tell you that Reid went past / beat defenders 4/5 times per game more than AW/FD/JP are combined

He talked about his ability in the press which is something most of us have discussed on numerous occasions

I thought all the points he made about Reid were spot on Tbf

I think the fans can see that too, the combination of everything Bobby could do was always going to be near impossible to replace so we did our best to replicate him in the area we thought we needed, Weimann seemingly being able to press well if we want that, but seem to have chosen to press for shorter bursts now this season.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

If he ever didn't fancy the head coach role anymore I think he'd be a great head of coaching at an academy, his passion delivering sessions is clear if you ever get to see it.

That’s exactly what I was suggesting Hodge

Give him complete governance / control of all development

Dont think he would have done it though, he’s very. Confident in his abilities 

I have tbh I fear his weakness might be the actual connection with and credibility with players and getting the best from them

He does say some strange things , and one minute sounds quite convincing , but then makes a big claim or says something that doesn’t come across as credible or make sense ....I can imagine players switching off from it 

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

what did MA have to say?

Not a lot Max

Training Ground

The EFL deal, of which in reality he said nothing

January recruitment - Said That our main job was not to recruit but to hang on to what we’ve got , ( sounded like JB def wanted away) 

Admitted we got recruitment wrong

And a new one I’d not heard, claimed we tried to buy off other Championship Clubs who wouldn’t consider business with us as we had become a threat which is feasible

29 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He did come out with the ‘No one in Bristol hurts more when we lose’ ( Personally I cringe when he keeps saying that) at which point a guy quite forcefully said ‘No you don’t,  Ive been a season ticket holder for 60 yrs , you don’t hurt more than I do’

The conversation continued afterwards and LJ invited the guy to come to Failand and watch them train but these statements aren’t a good idea to persist with tbh

Well said that fan. :clap:

Plus a hell of a lot of us have been regulars at AG since long before LJ was even born.

He really doesn't help himself sometimes.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well said that fan. :clap:

Plus a hell of a lot of us have been regulars at AG since long before LJ was even born.

He really doesn't help himself sometimes.

It was quite funny afterwards Nogs as Lee tried initially to still convince the bloke he did hurt the most :comando: which antagonised the guy even further who ‘explained’ his father and grandfather ?  had been lifetime supporters and he wasn’t having Lees claim

As you say , he really doesn’t help himself.........

His good side then came out in inviting the guy to training but you can see where he gets it wrong.....

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It was quite funny afterwards Nogs as Lee tried initially to still convince the bloke he did hurt the most :comando: which antagonised the guy even further who ‘explained’ his father and grandfather ?  had been lifetime supporters and he wasn’t having Lees claim

As you say , he really doesn’t help himself.........

His good side then came out in inviting the guy to training but you can see where he gets it wrong.....

You can understand where LJ comes from though. The guy spends far longer thinking about Bristol City than anyone else. Even joked at times that his marriage was on the rocks because he spends so much time on us.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

You can understand where LJ comes from though. The guy spends far longer thinking about Bristol City than anyone else. Even joked at times that his marriage was on the rocks because he spends so much time on us.

I think he probably does Shtanley

Im sure this may be part of the problem , When you talk to him stats and analysis and tactics the constant theme

My one bit of advice personally , would be put the stat packs and the lap tops aside, go with your footballing gut and what you’re watching not intricate stats

I think he probably does Shtanley

Im sure this may be part of the problem , When you talk to him stats and analysis and tactics the constant theme

My one bit of advice personally , would be put the stat packs and the lap tops aside, go with your footballing gut and what you’re watching not intricate stats

I guess if you're a relatively young and inexperienced manager it's harder to be ridiculed/questioned if stats and numbers make up the bulk of your opinions and arguments. 

But I think once he gets more experienced he should move away from it. You yourself commented that he seemingly moved away from the fancy transfer algorithm to more sensible signings like Hunt and Webster. 

Hopefully I'll get to interview him for the podcast if the club allow it. Be nice to ask him some proper questions for once. Rare that anyone gets to pick him up on some of his more interesting comments.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I guess if you're a relatively young and inexperienced manager it's harder to be ridiculed/questioned if stats and numbers make up the bulk of your opinions and arguments. 

But I think once he gets more experienced he should move away from it. You yourself commented that he seemingly moved away from the fancy transfer algorithm to more sensible signings like Hunt and Webster. 

Hopefully I'll get to interview him for the podcast if the club allow it. Be nice to ask him some proper questions for once. Rare that anyone gets to pick him up on some of his more interesting comments.

Tbf I think he’d probably do it, he chats for England Tbf and I can only give him credit for doing so 

He stayed long after anyone else and to stand amongst a group of supporters - you have to admire that 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

@BobBobSuperBob not asking you to name the eleven here, but assuming you don’t enter....is anyone other than LJ himself likely to pick it?  Or are we looking at £4 the game after!!

Nah reckon somebody will pick it

Not sure if Mo will throw some

whooops

32 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Nah, unless he's going to become a lifetime supporter in the AG stands after he finishes managing he'll never compare with those of us who've spent decades following the club around the country and paying for the privilege.

LJ's a very highly paid coach/manager, and although I've no doubt he does indeed care about Bristol City more than the average manager cares about his club, at the end of the day it's his job and at some stage he'll move on to another one.

Sorry, his devotion to the club, his sentimental attachment, and the heartache he feels when we lose doesn't compare to that ST holder of 60 years he was speaking to, or to thousands of others of us ordinary fans who've proved our devotion and commitment to the club by supporting it through thick and thin over many decades.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree

Ohhhhh

Reminds me

Training ground

Finally got the all clear from Sec of State 10 days ago

Hope to start work in spring

Will take 18 months before they can move the whole academy etc over to Failand but the training ground will be ‘the business’

Bob 

just out of interest did they say why the Secretary of State had got involved?

I thought the plans were approved by the council after a site visit?

Have new plans been submitted without any publicity?

The reason I ask is if you look at the published mock up of the new Academy site there are only floodlights on the U23 pitch, so the younger players (U10/11/12/13 etc) who train at night won't have any floodlight facilities, likewise there was no provision for artificial pitches so far as I could see, yet the club are saying all of the academy will be on the one site?

I wonder if a nearby existing site has been purchased?

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Bob 

just out of interest did they say why the Secretary of State had got involved?

I thought the plans were approved by the council after a site visit?

Sec of state has to rubber stamp every big decision like this, to check the process was all followed correctly etc, to make sure any objectors can’t come back later and claim due process wasn’t followed, or any dodgy deals were done. Was the same when we did the stadium. 

Archived