IGNORED

Fans Forum

phantom

• Admin

Not sure if others had seen this, but I missed this on the OS

Personally I've heard enough from the people in attendance so see nothing to be gained, but am sure there are those that would be interested in attending this event.

One thing the club still HAVEN'T reacted to is holding the "home" event before / after a matchday - so still expecting people to travel to the ground, do the club not realise that people don't all live close to the ground?

In addition I would guess that if it is only on for an hour it will be more like listening to a presentation rather than an open floor Q&A

image.png 

Yep, doesn't really sound like a Q&A. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a presentation with the panel members being asked questions by say Lisa Knights, then 5 minutes at the end for audience members to ask questions perhaps. 

As we know, these days it's all about the club carefully controlling media output in order to put the best possible spin on things. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, doesn't really sound like a Q&A. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a presentation with the panel members being asked questions by say Lisa Knights, then 5 minutes at the end for audience members to ask questions perhaps. 

As we know, these days it's all about the club carefully controlling media output in order to put the best possible spin on things. 

Think this one will be more controlled with a few questions and the one at the away game in the spring more open to questioning. Looking at the away fixtures from March onwards - PNE March 2nd, Millwall March 16th, Sheffield Utd March 30th, Villa April 13th, Sheffield Wed April 22nd, Hull May 5th. So don't think we'd do Millwall because of reputation of their fans if they knew big group congregating etc, Villa how well would WMP welcome that idea? We know we've had problems with them so doubt we'd organise it for that game. Wednesday is easter, could limit the idea of doing it then and Hull is last game of the season, if things have gone badly not a good time to have it. So reckon it will be Preston away on 2nd March or Sheffield Utd on the 30th.

Agree with Shtanley though, I'd like someone to ask about the 15 champ clubs and whether we're involved, might be a topic they talk on if LJ is something they want to avoid.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t go, going to see The Virginmarys at the Louisiana!!  Decent up and coming band.

Would like to know from MA whether a loss of £25m was part of the plan, with a sell-off in the summer or whether it should’ve happened in January. 

Suspect the answer was not wanting to sell our best players in January risking a promotion chance (ha) where if we didn't go up we could still sell them in the summer

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Personally I've heard enough from the people in attendance so see nothing to be gained, but am sure there are those that would be interested in attending this event.

One thing the club still HAVEN'T reacted to is holding the "home" event before / after a matchday - so still expecting people to travel to the ground, do the club not realise that people don't all live close to the ground?

In addition I would guess that if it is only on for an hour it will be more like listening to a presentation rather than an open floor Q&A

image.png 

Can see why fans might find it better on match day, but before the match is probably not manageable for the coaching team, and afterwards -!well, can you imagine what it would have degenerated into if it had been held after the match last Saturday?!

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Can see why fans might find it better on match day, but before the match is probably not manageable for the coaching team, and afterwards -!well, can you imagine what it would have degenerated into if it had been held after the match last Saturday?!

Agree with this, before on a match day just wouldn't be possible for coaching staff to take a good hour or so out of the day, and as you've said they'd never host it post match as it could be chaos unless it was just pre asked questions.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Think this one will be more controlled with a few questions and the one at the away game in the spring more open to questioning. Looking at the away fixtures from March onwards - PNE March 2nd, Millwall March 16th, Sheffield Utd March 30th, Villa April 13th, Sheffield Wed April 22nd, Hull May 5th. So don't think we'd do Millwall because of reputation of their fans if they knew big group congregating etc, Villa how well would WMP welcome that idea? We know we've had problems with them so doubt we'd organise it for that game. Wednesday is easter, could limit the idea of doing it then and Hull is last game of the season, if things have gone badly not a good time to have it. So reckon it will be Preston away on 2nd March or Sheffield Utd on the 30th.

Agree with Shtanley though, I'd like someone to ask about the 15 champ clubs and whether we're involved, might be a topic they talk on if LJ is something they want to avoid.

Hodge. What is meaning of the reference to 15 Championship clubs?

On 14/11/2018 at 21:10, hodge said:

Suspect the answer was not wanting to sell our best players in January risking a promotion chance (ha) where if we didn't go up we could still sell them in the summer

He was too busy in January telling us all we werent targetting promotion, even though we were bloody 2nd in the league!!

On 14/11/2018 at 13:13, phantom said:

image.png 

Anyone for bullshit bingo.

Archived