IGNORED

Saikou Janneh - hat-trick today for Torquay

Denbury Red

He starred today for Torquay scoring a hat-trick in the first 34 minutes.

All three were good ‘strikers’ goals - finishing off from defensive errors and pouncing on loose balls. His work rate - especially in the first half when Torquay went in 4-0 up was superb. 

Jake Andrews was again solid, but Connor Lemonheigh-Evans had one of his best games for a while. Our other loanee - Opi Edwards came on with 10 mins to go and didn’t really have time to effect the game (good that he was back from injury).

We need to keep an eye on Janneh as if he can keep finishing like he did today he has every chance of playing at a much higher level ....

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

A Torquay supporting friend told me its so unfair on the other teams - every game now they have 3 players that are better than anyone else in that league.

It`s all about getting out of that league though for them - if they don`t get back to the National League straight away they will possibly go out of business.

I don`t normally agree with `buying the league` but in this case the end justifies the means I think.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

He starred today for Torquay scoring a hat-trick in the first 34 minutes.

All three were good ‘strikers’ goals - finishing off from defensive errors and pouncing on loose balls. His work rate - especially in the first half when Torquay went in 4-0 up was superb. 

Jake Andrews was again solid, but Connor Lemonheigh-Evans had one of his best games for a while. Our other loanee - Opi Edwards came on with 10 mins to go and didn’t really have time to effect the game (good that he was back from injury).

We need to keep an eye on Janneh as if he can keep finishing like he did today he has every chance of playing at a much higher level ....

From the few times I've seen Janneh,, he is the best of our Academy strikers. Try him in the first team later in the season.

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This is the lad came via Bath College isn’t it ?

fiar play to him 

A steep climb to Championship but less of a climb than Eisa has made

IIRC he came from Bath's youth team to us after he scored 5 for them in an FA cup game. 

Semenyo did come from SGS college.

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

From the few times I've seen Janneh,, he is the best of our Academy strikers. Try him in the first team later in the season.

He’ll get the usual 10 minutes in the last game of the season followed by talk of a ‘pathway’ and then never seeing the first team squad again.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Johnson being heavily backed with funds...

Really , I thought they were struggling financially . Saying that they must have pushed the boat out just to get GJ in,  TBF don't know too much about what's gone on there recently.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Really , I thought they were struggling financially . Saying that they must have pushed the boat out just to get GJ in,  TBF don't know too much about what's gone on there recently.

Their owner has realised they will die if they stay in the 6th tier so has stepped up a bit. Ultimately,  it is Gary's experience coupled with the 4 City loanees that is making all the difference. 

Whether they'll get the escape velocity to walk the National League next year is another question....

Archived