IGNORED

Let's turn them over today

barneyrubble

Great result on Wednesday. Yes they were bottom and struggling but so we're we. We won 3  2 away from home. I'm a believer in result first performance second , it's great to win in style but I would rather get a scrappy win than lose after playing eye catching football.

When you are struggling any win is a good one and can lead to improved performances

Lj will need to get selection right today so that we can get behind what will probably be a defence minded team. Pumping balls straight at their centre half's will be pointless. 

Would like to see us playing through the wide areas attacking the fullbacks and turning the centre half's. 

Suggestions for team and formation please.

Defence is 4 from 7 

Baker, Webster, Kalas, Hunt Pisano, Dasilva and Kelly. Millwall are a very physical team I think he’ll probably start with Baker who loves a physical game.

Kelly impressed midweek so he stands a good chance of starting. Hunt or Pisano? anyone’s guess.....

LJ really is spoilt for choice today. 

Brownhill, Walsh and Pack in the middle. 2 from 3

Eliasson, Dasilva, CoD (If fit) out wide.2 from 3

Famara, Wiemann, Taylor (If fit) Paterson in attack.  

Tbh, I dont mind what the team is today. 

31 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Great result on Wednesday. Yes they were bottom and struggling but so we're we. We won 3  2 away from home. I'm a believer in result first performance second , it's great to win in style but I would rather get a scrappy win than lose after playing eye catching football.

When you are struggling any win is a good one and can lead to improved performances

Lj will need to get selection right today so that we can get behind what will probably be a defence minded team. Pumping balls straight at their centre half's will be pointless. 

Would like to see us playing through the wide areas attacking the fullbacks and turning the centre half's. 

Suggestions for team and formation please.

Is that you LJ ? 

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Defence is 4 from 7 

Baker, Webster, Kalas, Hunt Pisano, Dasilva and Kelly. Millwall are a very physical team I think he’ll probably start with Baker who loves a physical game.

Kelly impressed midweek so he stands a good chance of starting. Hunt or Pisano? anyone’s guess.....

Has Walsh been given the all clear ?

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is that you LJ ? 

No but I did speak to him the other day at local sports centre. Really impressed by what a down to earth bloke he was . Quite happy to discuss football could sense he was frustrated by loss of players in the summer in particular Bobby. Also spoke about budget restrictions compared to other teams. I think we will be fine just need fans to be more realistic about where we should be.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Defence is 4 from 7 

If Baker is to come back in, then I would like us stay with a four, and Kalas would be the one to miss out.  Although don’t put it past LJ to play Kalas at RB.

Walsh was 50:50.  Morrell didn’t play in the u23s, so reckon Walsh will miss out.  Shame for him, but that’s football.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If Baker is to come back in, then I would like us stay with a four, and Kalas would be the one to miss out.  Although don’t put it past LJ to play Kalas at RB.

Walsh was 50:50.  Morrell didn’t play in the u23s, so reckon Walsh will miss out.  Shame for him, but that’s football.

I’d forgotten about Morrell.....probably as I haven’t seen him play at AG yet. I know he had a cameo appearance at Portman Rd midweek.

The squad will be full of confidence after an away win. Kelly was superb, Famara bagged a goal as did Paterson. I imagine all three will start today

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d forgotten about Morrell.....probably as I haven’t seen him play at AG yet. I know he had a cameo appearance at Portman Rd midweek.

The squad will be full of confidence after an away win. Kelly was superb, Famara bagged a goal as did Paterson. I imagine all three will start today

I would be very, very surprised if any of Kelly, Paterson or Diedhiou didn’t start today.  Morrell made an appearance in last year’s EFL Cup game v Plymouth.  You might have seen him already.

Fam has proved that he can be an impact sub, but he hasn't proved that he has enough eneegy for 90 mins.

Back 4 will be Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Kelly, but what midfield and frontmen he will go for is anyones guess.

He has to have a plan to break down a team who will probably play with a packed defence looking for a 0-0 draw. Use Patto and Weimann to break them down and bring on Fam at HT?

Archived