IGNORED

Lee's after match interview

Major Isewater

On 03/12/2018 at 02:35, Major Isewater said:

Not unhappy ,

knows where we're lacking ( attack ), mentioned January , We will trade ( who's going ? )

wants to see the project through as thinks we are not too far off.

Front foot , agression, identity all made their appearance in LJ bingo .

Although Kelly has been mentioned by a few as one that could be sold in January (God forbid), I think LJ would be very hesitant in letting another top prospect go, I'm wondering if our loan players in Vyner & Moore could be on the outer. They appear to be doing well at their respective clubs & could be sold to those clubs but seem unable to feature here at the gate. I'm assuming Kelly would fetch the most money but do think we have too many players not making it in LJ's plans.

Your thoughts please !!

12 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Look, I'm being subjective here.  I'm trying to argue the toss for both sides, which I know is confusing some as most people on here are very black and white.  He has signed a "million" players, but maybe he has signed the best that we can get.
Its not as simple as saying, right, this is my style of play, I'm going to go out and simply select the players.  The top teams in the premier league can, as they have the money, stature and status.  Maybe Lee has a style he wants to play, but we simply can't get the players to play it. Maybe the players that he wants to play that said style don't want to come.  I'm getting angry with myself as I can't explain it how I want to..  

In which case, I reckon SL would be grateful if LJ said “no” and didn’t bring in players he doesn’t think will fit.  Save the money for when the right player is available.  If there’s one thing LJ should have learned is that SL has backed him and given him time.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Did any of LJs actually try to listen to what he said post match? 

So far we’ve seen statements taken in completely twisted into negativity.

Firstly he got slated by saying ‘this is a new team’ - well he’s right! This is a new team, how many were at AG last season?

Secondly he gets slated for ‘calling out’ Kelly........he wasn’t at all. What he was saying that the Millwall goal came through and experienced Championship player in Morrison against a 19 year old inexperienced defender and got the better of him - which is spot on. That’s not calling out Kelly or anyone else. He’s simply stated it as it was.

Jeez.........give the guy a break...............:dunno:

Not quite!

As @Drew Peacock says, why not mention Webster for not getting tighter to Williams.  Why not mention Paterson for not tracking Williams who was level with him at the point the ball was hit on the diagonal?  The decision to only mention Kelly is poor man-management and in the media too.  

What would you think if you were Kelly?  

What do you think LJ was thinking too?

You understand the human brain more than most.  

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In which case, I reckon SL would be grateful if LJ said “no” and didn’t bring in players he doesn’t think will fit.  Save the money for when the right player is available.  If there’s one thing LJ should have learned is that SL has backed him and given him time.

Not quite!

As @Drew Peacock says, why not mention Webster for not getting tighter to Williams.  Why not mention Paterson for not tracking Williams who was level with him at the point the ball was hit on the diagonal?  The decision to only mention Kelly is poor man-management and in the media too.  

What would you think if you were Kelly?  

What do you think LJ was thinking too?

You understand the human brain more than most.  

He also said that ‘a player’ failed to track back but never mentioned Pato.........but I’m sure he pointed that out to him afterwards in no uncertain terms.

I’m also sure that he spoke to Kelly afterwards to and good management would be to use that example of how much he still has to learn and reassured him at the same time. It fairly clear to me from his tone that he wasn’t pointing the finger at Kelly and that he had some sympathy for him. ....

Just now, Robbored said:

He also said that ‘a player’ failed to track back but never mentioned Pato.........but I’m sure he pointed that out to him afterwards in no uncertain terms.

I’m also sure that he spoke to Kelly afterwards to and good management would be to use that example of how much he still has to learn and reassured him at the same time. It fairly clear to me from his tone that he wasn’t pointing the finger at Kelly and that he had some sympathy for him. ....

I would rather you do the post-match interviews and in-dressing room stuff.  

On an aside I’ve been watching a fair bit of Redknapp in the Jungle.  You can see how he gets people onside, his competitive streak...and also how bad a loser he is.

9 hours ago, bpexile said:

Although Kelly has been mentioned by a few as one that could be sold in January (God forbid), I think LJ would be very hesitant in letting another top prospect go, I'm wondering if our loan players in Vyner & Moore could be on the outer. They appear to be doing well at their respective clubs & could be sold to those clubs but seem unable to feature here at the gate. I'm assuming Kelly would fetch the most money but do think we have too many players not making it in LJ's plans.

Your thoughts please !!

I think we have too many players full stop .

I think it's the problem due to change in the loan rules. I don't think it's helped players as the bigger clubs just stockpile to ensure that they aren't caught short in numbers .

There are hundreds of decent professional footballers watching from the stands each match day .

As for our players, who is attractive to other clubs ;

Kelly , Webster , Elliasson ?

Players who may want out 

Baker, Frankie, Hegeler, Pisano ? 

I think we need a deadwood clear out, once again.

Unless we get decent money we are unlikely to make any big signings and we don't need squad fillers so I don't think there will be much activity.

In any case we have a fantastic coaching team who can turn sow's ears into silk purses . 

Archived