IGNORED

One shot on target..

Judda

Compared to Preston it was a vast improvement, but still same old same old.  Compare this to the Stoke match where we peppered them with on target shots ! (and lost).  

One of our managers said, and I think it was his old man, that you know how well you have played by how you work the opposition Keeper.  Well this season most teams (Stoke apart) could have had an infant between the sticks.  

I have two qualms. 

Q1. The stat is factually incorrect

Q2. I think bristol city fans are misdiagnosing the problem. 

A1.if you go on the bbc website it shows this was from half time. This is fake news. 

We both had 3 shots on target. We got our identity back today because we played football. 

A2. I personally understand the criticism of johnston but don't agree with it. Our strikers let us down today, as famara was played off the park. 

Johnston's style is dynamic and exciting to watch but the game needs to be played at a higher pace if we want to beat weaker teams. Subsequently I place the blame on Pack. Moving the ball from the back to the strikers needs to be more fluidly so weaker teams don't have time to defend.

Pack is the only option we have in that position and I belive hes playing at his peak. Walsh is much faster in regards to moving the ball but hes far less accurate and has poor decision making skills (he's not balanced enough). 

I suggest we buy a midfielder. supposedly we are interested in Issac Hayden and would be the perfect fit to solve this problem. 

It illuminates our striker problem. 

Yeah we scored 2 against the worst defence in the division on Wednesday  but needed a bizarre og to win. Today we reverted to our more familiar 'lots of possession but little danger posed'.

The amount of time we had possession just outside their box but nothing came of it was astounding.  Probably spent about 20 minutes of the match there.

Large sum of money needed in January to buy a proven striker I feel, or lower table and maybe worse faces us.

Not a bad team performance today, but the strikeforce wasn't good enough.

Just now, Robbored said:

Do you remember any other Millwall shots on goal?  

Is this the Millwall that are in disarray. Odds-on for relegation. Second bottom. Away from home. No support, and who got a draw at our place?

I don't think there are too many Millwall fans who would not take an away point.

Considering they scored all the goals today, I don't think we can brag about our shooting record, do you?

:grr:

38 minutes ago, Henryjns said:

I have two qualms. 

Q1. The stat is factually incorrect

Q2. I think bristol city fans are misdiagnosing the problem. 

A1.if you go on the bbc website it shows this was from half time. This is fake news. 

We both had 3 shots on target. We got our identity back today because we played football. 

A2. I personally understand the criticism of johnston but don't agree with it. Our strikers let us down today, as famara was played off the park. 

Johnston's style is dynamic and exciting to watch but the game needs to be played at a higher pace if we want to beat weaker teams. Subsequently I place the blame on Pack. Moving the ball from the back to the strikers needs to be more fluidly so weaker teams don't have time to defend.

Pack is the only option we have in that position and I belive hes playing at his peak. Walsh is much faster in regards to moving the ball but hes far less accurate and has poor decision making skills (he's not balanced enough). 

I suggest we buy a midfielder. supposedly we are interested in Issac Hayden and would be the perfect fit to solve this problem. 

Very astute observations....and I think LJ realises this...however, he's lost his direction imo, and become confused in what to do best with the players at his disposal.

Archived