IGNORED

"We're building a new team"

Jimbo76

3 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

And why is that? Because we bottled it and brought in tosh. LJ has final say on transfers, LJ's choice.

It amuses me that loads of us are lining up to knock down your daft "arguements," but the sad thing is is that you like it.

Everyone knows that if a player wants to move then there’s bugger all the club can do. We also know that LJ wanted both Reid and Bryan to stay but they both weren’t interested in staying.......:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.

All three moved on to forward their careers - and who can blame them? 

I moved 4 times in my career for exactly that reason.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Everyone knows that if a player wants to move then there’s bugger all the club can do. We also know that LJ wanted both Reid and Bryan to stay but they both weren’t interested in staying.......:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you havent listened at all. As many and myself have said, if we hadn't had bottled it in jan and actually pushed for promotion then why would they have left? We were second. If we had got promoted we could have kept them, money would not have been an issue, and if we had at least tried to get promoted (instead of that car crash submission of a jan window that revealed zero ambition) then we would have had a better chance to keep them. Why would they want to stay when the club showed no ambition? No wonder they just went through the motions for the second half of the season "If the club don't care then why should we?"

Again, LJ's signings, LJ's choice.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.

All three moved on to forward their careers - and who can blame them? 

I moved 4 times in my career for exactly that reason.

You've worked for Lee Johnson FOUR times? 

You poor, poor b******d.

:hug:

3 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

So you havent listened at all. As many and myself have said, if we hadn't had bottled it in jan and actually pushed for promotion then why would they have left? We were second. If we had got promoted we could have kept them, money would not have been an issue, and if we had at least tried to get promoted (instead of that car crash submission of a jan window that revealed zero ambition) then we would have had a better chance to keep them. Why would they want to stay when the club showed no ambition? No wonder they just went through the motions for the second half of the season "If the club don't care then why should we?"

You are wasting your time - the guy is head-over-heels in Love with Johnson.

No-one can understand what the **** he sees in him.

Who says history doesn't repeat itself (if you don't believe me, 'scoll back' through the posts a few years ...................... ).

:dance:

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

ODowda is OOC at end of season

U24 compensation only

Not sure we get that, we didn’t develop him....some might say he’s gone backwards?

24 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Don't know off hand. Can't think of an outstanding one relative to the fee though, can you?

I can think of plenty of shite signings relative to the fee though.

Here’s the list from start of 17/18 season

969D1C08-E5BE-4EA8-A29A-57E0D8554DCE.thumb.jpeg.61d9d7f82d7d96e81e0b340f83b57a27.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like who?   :dunno:

Taylor Moore. £2m and he's spent 3 years in Leagues 1 and 2.

The Swedish striker that cost £2m including commissions and wages and went back to Sweden on a loss to us of almost £2m.

Diony - a loan but high wages and the biggest load of trash I've seen since Bas Savage.

Kent - another loan but so bad we had to pay Liverpool not to play him.

The winger that played on Wednesday, think he cost £1m and couldn't control a bag of cement.

Hegeler. Plays like he's in "Walking Football", and not in the slightest in tune with the "Identity" that Johnson's started banging on about.

All terrible signings.

Other than Webster, which signings have been outstanding relative to their fee?

1 minute ago, Bobfish said:

It’s not as simple as ‘lack of ambition’ Bob.

The impressive cup run had a serious impact on our season for several reasons and played a huge factor in the slump in form.

One of this impacts was turning the heads of both Reid and Bryan. No doubt the thrill of walking out at the Etihad would have convinced them that the PL is the place to be...

2 minutes ago, ... said:

You are wasting your time - the guy is head-over-heels in Love with Johnson.

No-one can understand what the **** he sees in him.

Who says history doesn't repeat itself (if you don't believe me, 'scoll back through the posts a few years ...................... ).

:dance:

Scroll back through years of his posts? Sweet Jesus, I would rather peel off my skin and roll around in salt. Or watch our team's recent games again.

By the way, why does your avatar have really, really long front legs but tiny back ones? A bit disturbing.

2 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

I dont think it revealed zero ambition it revealed Ashton and LJ couldn't spot a player if their lives depended on it.

Diony was utterly pony but had a previous big price tag....We had a loan to a view to buy agreement

The boy from Liverpool ran around a lot and cost us 300k in a fine plus wages and loan fee

Walsh came in and couldn't trap a bag of cement. We paid a lot for him and he can still barely get a game, he is better now but LJ will only play him in some ****** up formation he keeps in his head.

There was a plan SL was prepared to open his check book Ashton and LJ ****** it up. A team running on empty needing a few reinforcements was left to wither and die....SL must have been madder than a box of frogs 

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The Swedish striker that cost £2m including commissions and wages and went back to Sweden on a loss to us of almost £2m.

Diony - a loan but high wages and the biggest load of trash I've seen since Bas Savage.

The winger that played on Wednesday, think he cost £1m and couldn't control a bag of cement.

Hegeler. Plays like he's in "Walking Football", and not in the slightest in tune with the "Identity" that Johnson's started banging on about.

All terrible signings.

So that’s six.......out of 47........I daresay that’s comparable to other Championship clubs of a similar size the City.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The impressive cup run had a serious impact on our season for several reasons and played a huge factor in the slump in form.

One of this impacts was turning the heads of both Reid and Bryan. No doubt the thrill of walking out at the Etihad would have convinced them that the PL is the place to be...

So again you haven't listened. We were second. Automatic promotion was within our reach. The playoffs were close to guaranteed. But we bottled it and had relegation form. The PL was the place to be and was within our grasp, but the club showed zero ambition in jan. Christ this is painful. I hear you can burn 157 calories an hour banging your head against a wall. THEY COULD HAVE GOT INTO THE PREM WITH US IF OUR CLUB HAD NOT BOTTLED IT IN JAN.

Again, LJ's signings. Lj's choice.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure we get that, we didn’t develop him....some might say he’s gone backwards?

Here’s the list from start of 17/18 season

969D1C08-E5BE-4EA8-A29A-57E0D8554DCE.thumb.jpeg.61d9d7f82d7d96e81e0b340f83b57a27.jpeg

Oh blimey Dave yes add to my previous list:

Watkins - £1m. Really?

Baker - £4m and can't get in the team?

Magnuson - £2m but Johnson didn't even rate him!

Did Eisa really cost £1.5m???!!!!

Djuric - personally thought he was decent but not a success story here.

Just now, Bobfish said:

Scroll back through years of his posts? Sweet Jesus, I would rather peel off my skin and roll around in salt. Or watch our team's recent games again.

By the way, why does your avatar have really, really long front legs but tiny back ones? A bit disturbing.

The avatar has something called 'perspective'.

This is something you don't get with Robbored. Apparently the Russians used him as a consultant after the Salisbury 'incident', after they were so impressed with his tenacity in defending Lee Johnson.

Why would you defend the indefensible?

:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We were second Robbo. They could have done it here if they believed. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So that’s six.......out of 47........I daresay that’s comparable to other Championship clubs of a similar size the City.

I just added 5 more so that's 11. About 15 of the others, no one really knows because they are all on loan somewhere.

All the rest have been "so-so", although I'm struggling to justify £1.5m for Hunt and £2m for Weimann.

A monkey picking players out of a hat could have done better than one outstanding signing out of 47.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

I just added 5 more so that's 11. About 15 of the others, no one really knows because they are all on loan somewhere.

All the rest have been "so-so", although I'm struggling to justify £1.5m for Hunt and £2m for Weimann.

A monkey picking players out of a hat could have done better than one outstanding signing out of 47.

'A monkey picking players out of a hat'.

I like that.

Just now, Red Grovesy said:

Oh yes, but the best bit is.............. We are the only club to ever pay any money for him ?

Shut up!!!

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Christ, Ashton and co could be reading the forum. Don't give them any ideas!

9 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

So again you haven't listened. We were second. Automatic promotion was within our reach. The playoffs were close to guaranteed. But we bottled it and had relegation form. The PL was the place to be and was within our grasp, but the club showed zero ambition in jan. Christ this is painful. I hear you can burn 157 calories an hour banging your head against a wall. THEY COULD HAVE GOT INTO THE PREM WITH US IF OUR CLUB HAD NOT BOTTLED IT IN JAN.

Again, LJ's signings. Lj's choice.

I see what you’re saying Bob - but you’re unable to accept what I’m saying.........maybe it’s you that’s not listening ..........:dunno:

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Shall we talk some more loans 

Leko

Woodrow

or how about Gieffer , the lesser spotted Hegeler, the still mysteriously absent Bailey Wright , Tomlin , O’Neill....

19 minutes ago, NickJ said:

All terrible signings.

To early to say on lad from Scunthorpe - although 2 bad games after a spell out.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I see what you’re saying Bob - but you’re unable to accept what I’m saying.........maybe it’s you that’s not listening ..........:dunno:

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Your words; perhaps you should read them.

They could have got there with us if the club had spent the money and not bottled it in jan.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Shall we talk some more loans 

Leko

Woodrow

or how about Gieffer , the lesser spotted Hegeler, the still mysteriously absent Bailey Wright , Tomlin , O’Neill....

Me and you gonna fall out....how dare you!!! ?

4 goals in his last 4 games, 5 since his return from injury, albeit it League One!  It does make you wonder how an England u23 couldn’t get a bit of a run here, even off the bench to allow Reid a rest.  A player MA and LJ did a deal that included a permanent move if it worked out.

I still think there is a footballer in there.

Why sign him in the first place?  Why sign several of the players he has?  I think he promises the earth to them on signing, then shits on them.  A kid in a sweet shop.  I’m sure he sells an image of where they’ll play, his they’ll fit in, but then like a magpie he sees something else shining on his 80” tv.

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I think we did in fairness - apart from Reid who we haven’t replaced - we did replace Whilst I don’t think it’s good enough so far this season, plenty of Norwich fans have moaned about their manager last season etc so things can change quickly. 

They are more a one-off than the rule though. The likes of Boro, WBA, Leeds, Villa, Derby all spent. 

We aren’t exactly doing bad this season in terms of league position. However I would really like to see us get a decent striker, keeper and central midfielder. I think generally defence isn’t too bad and our wing play is good. But we lack cutting edge and finishing touch. Easier said than done. 

So basically replace the spine of the team?

After 40+ new players that actually is a telling indicator of how well our recruitment has been

O'Dowda will go in January. Can't get a start here, yet playing internationals for the Republic of Ireland, plus out of contract at the end of the season. If he's not going to sign a new contract (and I don't blame him if he doesn't) then we need to cash in.

Others to go in January will be Hegeler, and one of Baker or Wright. Can also see us trying to sell Matty Taylor, just not sure who would want him. Certainly no one else in the Championship.

What we desperately need is an alternative to Pack, especially as Korey Smith's return to first team football could still be months away. We also need a creative alternative to Paterson, who I am still amazed was given a new contract, but is an LJ favourite. And finally we need a proven striker at this level, not another unproven player from the lower leagues with "potential".

We could also do with sticking to a particular formation. Today looked like 4-2-3-1 at one stage but we have chopped and changed so much. As for our style of play, an improvement on pedestrian crap, is what we desperately need!

17 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

O'Dowda will go in January. Can't get a start here, yet playing internationals for the Republic of Ireland, plus out of contract at the end of the season. If he's not going to sign a new contract (and I don't blame him if he doesn't) then we need to cash in.

Others to go in January will be Hegeler, and one of Baker or Wright. Can also see us trying to sell Matty Taylor, just not sure who would want him. Certainly no one else in the Championship.

What we desperately need is an alternative to Pack, especially as Korey Smith's return to first team football could still be months away. We also need a creative alternative to Paterson, who I am still amazed was given a new contract, but is an LJ favourite. And finally we need a proven striker at this level, not another unproven player from the lower leagues with "potential".

We could also do with sticking to a particular formation. Today looked like 4-2-3-1 at one stage but we have chopped and changed so much. As for our style of play, an improvement on pedestrian crap, is what we desperately need!

We have alternatives to Pack. LJ refuses to try them. 

He is building a team around Webster and Pack. Sigh!

Archived