IGNORED

Tickets for the Huddersfield game (Merged)

Eastside Moonwalker

I’m obviously the only one who thinks that an FA Cup 3rd round tie against a Premier League club (even Huddersfield) is more exciting and valuable than a run of the mill league game against Millwall!

I don’t really understand why it should be cheaper than £20, let alone £10.

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Surely £10 a ticket and have the ground nearly full. Instead £18 and will have no more than 15,000

Although £18 is only for the Lansdown, you do understand that 15,000 at £18 is more profitable than 26,000 at £10 right? 

44 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So you only quote the most expensive seat when other stands are £12 or £15

Yeah it doesn’t suit the argument to disclose the full facts. £12 is completely reasonable. 

Shock horror, the best seats in the house are the most expensive. Hold the front page. 

23 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Lucky to get 10 k 

first weekend after Christmas , not really a big draw and it’s a evening kickoff 

yet again city miss a trick with ticket prices and attracting new fans 

So if it was just £2 cheaper, those 3 ‘negatives’ wouldn’t count any more? At £2 less a ticket they’d be attracting new fans.. those that at £12 won’t go cos it’s the first weekend after Christmas, not really a big draw etc... I don’t get the logic?!

It’s a good price if you haven’t been to Ashton Gate before, and I hope the club does well attracting the casual fan. 

For me my limit was £10 and my Dolman seat exceeds this by £5. So it’s a no from me. I don’t feel bad, been to all the home games and a few away too. I’ll use the money saved to go to Stoke on New Years Day, before anyone tells me I’m not a proper fan :dunno:. Oh and IF we get a replay I’ll probably be looking at going to that. 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

£45 for the three of us to watch the game plus whatever we might spend at the ground on food and drink.

Haven't decided for sure yet, but it looks like a case for a stream and a comfy seat ?

Exactly. They know it is being televised and not real hard to find a stream. Cold day in January, late KO, them playing reserves protecting a relegation battle, us resting a few and giving a few young ones a chance(the main reason I’d go) just felt like a case for 10-12 quid tickets around the ground. Still loads of people who’d buy a 12 quid ticket for the Lansdown stand to see what it is all about. 12 quid across the ground and quid a kid seemed like a smarter choice imo but not outrageous either. Truly on the fence with this one

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactly. They know it is being televised and not real hard to find a stream. Cold day in January, late KO, them playing reserves protecting a relegation battle, us resting a few and giving a few young ones a chance(the main reason I’d go) just felt like a case for 10-12 quid tickets around the ground. Still loads of people who’d buy a 12 quid ticket for the Lansdown stand to see what it is all about. 12 quid across the ground and quid a kid seemed like a smarter choice imo but not outrageous either. Truly on the fence with this one

Agree with this. Interesting that a few people see us not playing a full strength side as a negative. Watching Eisa, Morrell and Adelakun all start, with the potential to see a few other youngsters would be the biggest draw for me. Whilst I'll probably just try to catch a stream, if there wasn't one I'd be much more likely to go watching players we don't get to see every week.

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Moved for foreign tv coverage?? Yeah I can totally imagine whole villages will come together in the far East to watch this banger of a game. **** off, stop ******* about with our game. 

Apparently we’re big news in Albania. Then again their hero is Norman Wisdom so doesn’t say a lot.

9 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Aston Villa v Swansea. £10 adults, £5 kids. Season ticket holders FREE. Fair play 

Not looked into this but how can they do this, unless they are offering free tickets to the Swansea ST holders, too or they have some arrangement with Swansea? I thought the same had to be offered for all fans? Fair play though, nice to see something given back by the club’s now and again. Even the paid for tickets are sensibly priced. 

13 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s on foreign telly so should be easy enough to watch at home - spend £10 on 8 cans of Thatchers and a few bags of crisps and watch it in the comfort of your own gaff. Simples. 

Spoken like a true Man Utd fan..! 

Out of interest... have you ever been one of those to moan about modern football. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Not looked into this but how can they do this, unless they are offering free tickets to the Swansea ST holders, too or they have some arrangement with Swansea? I thought the same had to be offered for all fans? Fair play though, nice to see something given back by the club’s now and again. Even the paid for tickets are sensibly priced. 

No, because it’s free tickets to Aston Villa season ticket holders. Like when City offer season ticket holders to bring two mates for £5 each. Only counts to season ticket holders of the club. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

At a 10er I'd probs have though yea ok but 12 quid just slightly puts me in the nah I can't be assed bracket. 

20 quid on food and drinks, 10er fuel, 12 quid to get in.

Is it really worth 42 quid + to watch Bristol City Vs Huddersfield reserves? 

£5 bus. £12 ticket. 

Bring your own dinner. 

£17 ain’t bad. 

5 hours ago, RedM said:

For a certain amount of games in a season you’re allowed to do offers for home fans only.

56 minutes ago, Selred said:

No, because it’s free tickets to Aston Villa season ticket holders. Like when City offer season ticket holders to bring two mates for £5 each. Only counts to season ticket holders of the club. 

£5 bus. £12 ticket. 

Bring your own dinner. 

£17 ain’t bad. 

Bus isn't a option from here. 

For years and years I've been having a KFC pre match, followed by a few beers, I ain't going to change that in order to make attending a game against Huddersfield reserves more affordable. I'd just rather not go.

Archived