IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 21

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Ok thanks sounds like you have your reasons. I’m not sure LJ is underperforming as much as Is being stated-our wages are mid table and we are mid table! 

I do accept the point that he’s had 3 years now so should be progressing the team and playing style but I think injuries have hampered him and at least our defence is solid!

also take the point about the lack of style but it’s a tough league and I’m hoping that improves throughout the season as players click/we make signings.

Finally who would we realistically get in to replace Johnson and who could play good winning football on our budget? I’m not sure there are many out there? Jankovic would be good but it’s a risk (coppell) and would he even take the job anyway?

As I’ve said elsewhere

Points buy LJ time

Time to get it right , time to develop , himself , and players 

Hes not under pressure from above and thus can continue to try , and that’s it so happy to run with it unless we flirt near relegation   

Do I think he’s right in his current role - No I don’t , or at best at have severe doubts for numerous reasons alive debated before

Am I enjoying the football this season - No

Am I finding less reasons to justify purchasing my ST - Yes

Lets see what the next 6/7 months bring

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Time to get it right , time to develop , himself , and players 

correct

Hes not under pressure from above and thus can continue to try , and that’s it so happy to run with it unless we flirt near relegation   

Correct

Do I think he’s right in his current role - No I don’t , or at best at have severe doubts for numerous reasons alive debated before

I’m indifferent on that issue

Am I enjoying the football this season - No

Neither am I

Am I finding less reasons to justify purchasing my ST - Yes

Not me - I’m a true and loyal City supporter who wouldn’t dream of not renewing - he’ll i put up with the stuff his father served up....

Lets see what the next 6/7 months bring

Whatever happens, I’ll be AG next season.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned earlier in the thread,but I’ve been told that ther were about 5 or six players in the away end,including Matty  Taylor,,Frankie Fielding and Corey Smith.Apparently they went mad when we scored,just like the fans did,good to see there’s nothing wrong with the spirit in the camp.

19 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned earlier in the thread,but I’ve been told that ther were about 5 or six players in the away end,including Matty  Taylor,,Frankie Fielding and Corey Smith.Apparently they went mad when we scored,just like the fans did,good to see there’s nothing wrong with the spirit in the camp.

Was sat a few seats down from them and Korey in particular was celebrating a lot at the full time whistle. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

More complete tripe

Ive been going since 70/71 ......  48 years ....::will be interesting to see how many years , and how ‘ plastic’  , those getting fed up have been following .......

Anyone else like to volunteer ........

I can't leave Bob hanging on his own.

74/75 for me Bob, just the 44 years. Trips to the Carlisle's and Hartlepool's of the footballing world were a regular thing back in the day as was a particularly successful midweek trip to Paisley of all places a very long time ago. I'm no 'superfan', just getting old :( but another fed up 'plastic' supporter.

I'm not fed up with results, the style of play is boring me to tears in all honesty and I have no faith in the current incumbent as I think he's been very lucky to get our job in the first place and even luckier to keep it. The fear of yet another losing run fills me with fear and I believe other coaches would have provided better returns given the financial backing Johnson has received.

Just my opinion but one I think is shared by a good few of us.  

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't leave Bob hanging on his own.

74/75 for me Bob, just the 44 years for me. Trips to the Carlisle's and Hartlepool's of the footballing world were a regular thing back in the day as was a particularly successful midweek trip to Paisley of all places a very long time ago. I'm no 'superfan', just getting old :( but another fed up 'plastic' supporter.

I'm not fed up with results, the style of play is boring me to tears in all honesty and I have no faith in the current incumbent as I think he's been very lucky to get our job in the first place and even luckier to keep it. The fear of yet another losing run fills me with fear and I believe other coaches would have provided better returns given the financial backing Johnson has received.

Just my opinion but one I think is shared by a good few of us.  

Plastic

?

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

More complete tripe

Ive been going since 70/71 ......  48 years ....::will be interesting to see how many years , and how ‘ plastic’  , those getting fed up have been following .......

Anyone else like to volunteer ........

Here goes. 

Dad took me to my first game in 1973, I can't remember it, but was v Millwall during the electric strikes. 

Stood on the east end week in week out until the seats when in. Moved out the season after as it wasn't the same and have had a season ticket in other parts of the ground ever since (25 years or so??)

Travelled the length and breadth of the country like so many on here, under a variety of managers, good and bad, but just feel SL is backing the wrong horse. 

Delighted with the win today, but not convinced LJ has it in him to push us on. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Here goes. 

Dad took me to my first game in 1973, I can't remember it, but was v Millwall during the electric strikes. 

I remember it well - not a bad first game Glyn, 5-2 to City, including a Keith Fear hat trick iirc.

About 10k on a midweek afternoon wasn't a bad crowd at all, but as it was half term no problem for us school boys.

First time I can remember hearing 'In The Millwall Slums', thought it was great!

The Millwall game was exactly a week after the historic F.A.Cup win at Leeds, - also a midweek afternoon - which I also managed to attend.

I wasn't at Brum or on the match thread - first time for many years I've been unaware what was happening during a City game until the last 20 minutes.

Switching on RB at that stage to find us surprisingly 1-0 up, I was more than happy to hear us hold on through the penalty appeals, post hitting, and fine late save from Maenpaa especially as Gary Owers insisted we'd dominated the first half and it was a near perfect away performance. Sounds great!

It seems Owers may have got uncharacteristically carried away though - my son watched the match on a stream and has told me since 'the first half was absolutely dire from both teams'.

Still happy with the points of course (especially as I didn't have to actually watch the match or even listen to the majority) but the performance seems worryingly poor yet again so my pleasure at winning is now tempered with real concern that deep rooted problems remain and we still have plenty of struggles ahead.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I remember it well - not a bad first game Glyn, 5-2 to City, including a Keith Fear hat trick iirc.

About 10k on a midweek afternoon wasn't a bad crowd at all, but as it was half term no problem for us school boys.

Really ? I was still at school, and I remember this as I knocked off at lunch time, went home but couldn't find any money to get in. I think I ended up back at School, gutted when I saw the score.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Really ? I was still at school, and I remember this as I knocked off at lunch time, went home but couldn't find any money to get in. I think I ended up back at School, gutted when I saw the score.

I think it must have been half term.

I managed to get to the Leeds and Millwall games on consecutive midweek afternoons and the schools didn't close as far as I remember.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I managed to get to the Leeds and Millwall games on consecutive midweek afternoons and the schools didn't close as far as I remember.

You were probably suspended Nogs :laughcont:

Every cloud n all that

I remember skipping school for the Leeds game but can’t recall anything about Millwall

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Might have been the timing of the schools. I was off for the Leeds game, not allowed to go, and listened to the radio while we played football in the local school playground. But the Millwall game I can remember searching the house for a few shillings* that would get me in.

*youngsters ask your parents/grandparents about 'old money' :thumbsup:

Just looked up the dates and the Leeds and Millwall games were both played on a Tuesday afternoon.

At my school we had Tuesday afternoons off ( we had to go in Saturday mornings) so that would cover both games except I  went up to Liverpool the night before the Leeds game to stay with an older brother before getting a train to Leeds the next day so that week must have been half term. At my school anyway.

The next week (Millwall) I would have had the afternoon off, half term or not. 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Just looked up the dates and the Leeds and Millwall games were both played on a Tuesday afternoon.

At my school we had Tuesday afternoons off ( we had to go in Saturday mornings) so that would cover both games except I  went up to Liverpool the night before the Leeds game to stay with an older brother before getting a train to Leeds the next day so that week must have been half term. At my school anyway.

The next week (Millwall) I would have had the afternoon off, half term or not. 

Weirdly Nogs  I’ve always had the recollection of the Leeds game being a Thursday afternoon,     (Which tbh has never made sense - why a Thursday :dunno:

Thanks for correcting a memory glitch

Just seen the highlights on Quest. What a bunch of diving bastards and Monk seriously thinks they were penalties. The Maghoma one was probably the closest and he might have got it if he hadn`t leapt into the air and waved his arms around like an idiot.

I bet we wouldn`t have got it if it had been Fammy that went down like that.

Archived