IGNORED

Jack Hunt

MC RISK77

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

You're right (sorry) it's because I quoted from your post which had a quote - hadn't realised it did this.

Could have been worse, wasn't the most stupid thing said on here by other people by a very long way!!!

:laughcont::thumbsup:

I manage to get myself in enough trouble as it is DT

:laughcont:

Yes , an uncontroversial quote 

In the spirit of threads for players, I thought I would resurrect this month old one because I think Jack Hunt has been absolutely outstanding since coming back into the side. Obviously Kelly was poor yesterday but on recent form Hunt is the best full back at the club by some distance. He setup the winner against Rotherham and was involved in both of the goals at Stoke.

With Eliasson not in the team he seems to be our best crosser of the ball, something he hasn't had enough credit for, but of more importance to me is he actually seems to have taken his game up a level or two since the competition from Pisano. Earlier in the season he was getting found out defensively but he is clearly working harder than ever at the moment to win it back.

Of course he's not the only player doing a good job at the moment but because he's specifically responded to a challenge - when we can all think of players at City in the past who would regress at Ashton Gate and certainly not bat an eyelid after losing their place - I really think he deserves all the praise in the world, as this thread shows he was in danger of being written off :)

11 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

He is a great example of how competition for places should work...he lost a bit of form and a fit again Pisano got the shirt, but since Pisano was rested and Hunt got the shirt back his performances have kept him there...

Pisano is Injured,  but agree Hunt has kicked up a gear 

On 08/12/2018 at 22:34, Robbored said:

Bob - in today’s market you’ll get average Championship full backs for £1.7m and that’s pretty much what Hunt is. As I posted earlier the Owls fans weren’t bothered that he’d joined us. To me that’s more revealing than him losing his place to Pisano.

Not sure where you get the information from that we aren't bothered that Hunt had joined you (or as you probably mean left us)

our current right back is the worst in the league, offers nothing going forward or defensively and I can guarantee that every Wednesday fans would carry Jack Hunt back from Bristol on their back given half a chance of having him back

He did get some stick at Hillsborough but that's par for the course here.....if full backs are up the pitch attacking then they are "out of position" defensively and if they aren't then they don't give us enough going forward.

26 minutes ago, Ian66 said:

Not sure where you get the information from that we aren't bothered that Hunt had joined you (or as you probably mean left us)

our current right back is the worst in the league, offers nothing going forward or defensively and I can guarantee that every Wednesday fans would carry Jack Hunt back from Bristol on their back given half a chance of having him back

He did get some stick at Hillsborough but that's par for the course here.....if full backs are up the pitch attacking then they are "out of position" defensively and if they aren't then they don't give us enough going forward.

I got it from my regular visits to Owltalk.

The general view on there was that Hunt was steady and reliable rb who got forward well but whose crossing left a lot to be desired.

Most of them were :dunno:when we signed him - and they were right - that said his crossing  has improved in the brief retime he’s been at AG.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I got it from my regular visits to Owltalk.

The general view on there was that Hunt was steady and reliable rb who got forward well but whose crossing left a lot to be desired.

Most of them were :dunno:when we signed him - and they were right - that said his crossing  has improved in the brief retime he’s been at AG.

Have a visit now and see what folk think of Liam Palmer who's replaced him.....and ignore those posts that say he's been better recently, what they mean is that everyone else has come down to Palmers level so he doesn't look as bad

ps....don't take any notice of Owlstalk....it's full of people that either don't go or are idiots (aka don't share the same views as me!)

4 hours ago, Olé said:

In the spirit of threads for players, I thought I would resurrect this month old one because I think Jack Hunt has been absolutely outstanding since coming back into the side. Obviously Kelly was poor yesterday but on recent form Hunt is the best full back at the club by some distance. He setup the winner against Rotherham and was involved in both of the goals at Stoke.

With Eliasson not in the team he seems to be our best crosser of the ball, something he hasn't had enough credit for, but of more importance to me is he actually seems to have taken his game up a level or two since the competition from Pisano. Earlier in the season he was getting found out defensively but he is clearly working harder than ever at the moment to win it back.

Of course he's not the only player doing a good job at the moment but because he's specifically responded to a challenge - when we can all think of players at City in the past who would regress at Ashton Gate and certainly not bat an eyelid after losing their place - I really think he deserves all the praise in the world, as this thread shows he was in danger of being written off :)

We are seeing the Jack Hunt I thought we’d signed.

I thought it was a really good signing in the summer, and although he had some decent games, I was disappointed with him overall.  When Pisano got back in the side there were big question marks, and possibly a big decision to make over Pisano’s contract, especially with Vyner coming into the mix next season.

But Hunt has come back in and looked every bit the Championship RB I hoped we’d signed.

I also think in his defence earlier this season, he had a different RW in front of him every game.  It’s been Weimann consistently for several games now, and things like that make a difference.  Our right side was the creative side for 60 minutes yesterday.  Hunt and Weimann on each other’s wavelength.  Not to be underestimated how little partnership form and help the overall team.

Archived