IGNORED

Jack Hunt

MC RISK77

2 hours ago, LilRascal said:

Haven’t we got an absurdly high win rate when Pisano plays? (I haven’t got the stats at hand, but seem to remember reading them on here before) 

I posted something pre-match and again post-match.

starts: P5 W3 D1 L1 plus 1W as a 7 minute sub.

1 hour ago, Yozzarian said:

Pisano is in the shop window for January? I read here somewhere he hasn't been given a contract extension. 

Not yet he hasn’t.  Suggest he’s giving it a good gonat getting a new deal or touting himself around.  He likes Bristol and his wife does too.

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I appreciate from reports from those their today that Pisano played really well, but very confused about how hunt is now second choice.

i don’t think he was bad at all, got forward well and could defend...my opinion but thought he was a competent right back.

is he carrying an injury or am I totally wrong and he is actually crap?

He’s nowhere near as solid as Pisano defensively plus he’s also a better leader too which we need in abundance on the pitch.

Plus I lived his full on celebrations at the end as showred real heart and the fans warmed to him too so a mutual love in.

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Pisano, as the whole defence, played well today. Hunt is better offensive, but all and all, think I prefer Pisano. Think he will be better and better. Also like Hunt, good we have two rb.

36 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I like Hunt. With Pisano playing well we have what we should have in all positions: genuine competition.  And competition is healthy.

Where now for the bloke named Bailey? Doesn't look great tbh

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

If you remember last season when Eros was injured LJ had to play Korey Smith and then Bailey Wright at RB - that’s one example of why cover is needed in every position.

Common sense management.

Totally agree.

Trouble is, there are many on here with no common sense!

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:blink:

Was he the only right back available in our price range and wage range in World Football 

I apologise

No reason to apologise.

He was obviously available and fitted the identified criteria for a second right back.

Maybe there were none available at the right price for the other areas that needed filling.

Who knows???

2 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

No reason to apologise.

He was obviously available and fitted the identified criteria for a second right back.

Maybe there were none available at the right price for the other areas that needed filling.

Who knows???

Still think a lot of money on what I’ve seen of him

The fact Pisano is keeping him out the side is revealing

With our budgets , Spending £1.7m , we have to be getting a right back whose going to make a real difference IMHO 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With our budgets , Spending £1.7m , we have to be getting a right back whose going to make a real difference IMHO 

Bob - in today’s market you’ll get average Championship full backs for £1.7m and that’s pretty much what Hunt is. As I posted earlier the Owls fans weren’t bothered that he’d joined us. To me that’s more revealing than him losing his place to Pisano.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do we know he cost £1.7 million?

Two online sources say undisclosed, another quotes 1.7 million euros.

In my view, with fees as they are, you don't get a lot for £1.7 million, even if that's what we did pay.

3 hours ago, Dman_Red said:

Pisano looked good today. Battled well and really got stuck in. When Hunt was signed I thought we’d progress as we’d signed an attacking right back who would offer more going forward than Pisano/Wright did last year.

However, I’m starting to think having a more solid defensive RB is the current answer

The full backs are first and foremost, defenders. Not wingers who can run around a lot.

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Do we know he cost £1.7 million?

Two online sources say undisclosed, another quotes 1.7 million euros.

In my view, with fees as they are, you don't get a lot for £1.7 million, even if that's what we did pay.

Euros - £ 

Little difference is there

The highest amount paid by a Championship Club for a RB  for a couple of years and twice what Leeds paid for Ayling for example and a fair bitmore than Darwika etc

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bob - in today’s market you’ll get average Championship full backs for £1.7m and that’s pretty much what Hunt is. As I posted earlier the Owls fans weren’t bothered that he’d joined us. To me that’s more revealing than him losing his place to Pisano.

Those same Owls that are looking towards the drop zone?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Euros - £ 

Little difference is there

The highest amount paid by a Championship Club for a couple of years and twice what Leeds paid for Ayling for example

When Ayling went to Leeds they offered him “a deal he couldn’t refuse” - LJ own words. Bear in mind that Ayling had become an embarrassment after the Cheltenham piss up and City didn’t try that hard to keep him.

His transfer fee  - whatever size was - was off set  by his a significant wage increase. 

To compare the Hunt fee and the Ayling fee is like comparing two different makes of cars. Both cars but different...

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When Ayling went to Leeds they offered him “a deal he couldn’t refuse” - LJ own words. Bear in mind that Ayling had become an embarrassment after the Cheltenham piss up and City didn’t try that hard to keep him.

His transfer fee  - whatever size was - was off set  by his a significant wage increase. 

To compare the Hunt fee and the Ayling fee is like comparing two different makes of cars. Both cars but different...

So you’re saying we sold him to Leeds at a lower price as they were offering him a higher wage 

Is that right ?

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So you’re saying we sold him to Leeds at a lower price as they were offering him a higher wage 

Is that right ?

No idea what his fee was but according to LJ, Ayling was offered a deal he couldn’t refuse. That meant a substantial wage increase and length of contract.

As I just posted City weren’t too bothered about keeping him after the Cheltenham piss up. He’d become something of a an embarrassment so the club were quite happy to see him head north.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No idea what his fee was but according to LJ, Ayling was offered a deal he couldn’t refuse. That meant a substantial wage increase and length of contract.

As I just posted City weren’t too bothered about keeping him after the Cheltenham piss up. He’d become something of a an embarrassment so the club were quite happy to see him head north.

€870k according to,transfermarket

A massive error

As I understand , LJ now admits, privately at least   

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I always thought Ayling was class.  I won’t go into depth here.

As for Hunt.  Thought we’d signed a “proper" RB in the summer.  Good going forward who liked a tackle.  Thought it would be an upgrade on Pisano, who I liked a lot on arrival, but thought his injury would be something he wouldn’t overcome.

Hunt hasn’t reached the heights I thought he would, and as @Robbored says has been average (not bang average!!!).  That’s no bad thing, I expected him to be a bit of a fan’s favourite.  Still time, but not whilst Pisano is Re-establishing himself with good performances.

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As for Baker, Wright and Hegeler that makes 5 CBs which I think is plenty. Kalas while solid I believe is a luxury that we could have used the funds elsewhere.

The trouble with this "luxury" is:

Wright has struggled (I know most recently out of position) but he never looked as competent as Kalas

Hegeler's game just does not suit either City or the Championship (not sure which)

And Baker's form of the last 12 months is a mystery (he clearly needs a dominant partner).

I think the luxury was retaining CB players who are not capable of being part of City's progression not recruiting more.

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The trouble with this "luxury" is:

Wright has struggled (I know most recently out of position) but he never looked as competent as Kalas

Hegeler's game just does not suit either City or the Championship (not sure which)

And Baker's form of the last 12 months is a mystery (he clearly needs a dominant partner).

I think the luxury was retaining CB players who are not capable of being part of City's progression not recruiting more.

Not that it matters

But that’s not my quote Dullmoan !

:laughcont:

Archived