IGNORED

Printing Huddersfield tickets at home - problem

Denbury Red

I’ve just bought my seats for the Cup game and went to print them at home .... the Bar code has come out as a Black Blob with both barcode and the numbers illegible. 

I have emailed Supporter Sevices for their advice (have never had this issue before ) and await their reply!!

I thought I would post in case anyone else has the same issue!

A really quick update from Taylor-Ann in Supporter Services - the pertinent bits of her reply:

From the image you’ve sent across I can see that you’ve printed these tickets from an Apple device (a macbook, iMac, iPhone, iPad etc). The black box that you describe is due to a fault with a recent software release that Apple sent to all of it’s products.

To rectify the issue I would recommend printing the tickets from a window’s device,

For anyone else who has the same problem I would suggest receiving your tickets in a different way if you use an Apple device like me..

14 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

A really quick update from Taylor-Ann in Supporter Services - the pertinent bits of her reply:

From the image you’ve sent across I can see that you’ve printed these tickets from an Apple device (a macbook, iMac, iPhone, iPad etc). The black box that you describe is due to a fault with a recent software release that Apple sent to all of it’s products.

To rectify the issue I would recommend printing the tickets from a window’s device,

For anyone else who has the same problem I would suggest receiving your tickets in a different way if you use an Apple device like me..

So rather than saying, 'we are aware of an issue with Mac, that we have chosen to keep to ourselves and not put on the website, but don't worry, we will post your tickets to you free'

the answer seems to be,

'Go and buy a Windows PC'.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So rather than saying, 'we are aware of an issue with Mac, that we have chosen to keep to ourselves and not put on the website, but don't worry, we will post your tickets to you free'

the answer seems to be,

Help should be free and part of their Customer Service.

47 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

the answer seems to be,

It seems to me that Supporter Services have responded very promptly and with appropriate advice. If City started publicising every glitch in every Apple and Microsoft update, and every potential glitch in printer etc configuration they’d have no time for the day job. And constantly tweaking their own platform, which comes with its own risks. And why should City meet the cost of every such event. I’m impressed they’ve identified the issue and explained it promptly. But hey let’s find another reason to bash the club....

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

If you’re using an Apple phone you can now download the ticket into your Apple wallet and enter the ground using that, at least that’s what I’ve done for the Huddersfield game!

Printed mine out on a HP printer and it's fine. Mind you, I do have an ancient iMac running it so perhaps there's something to be said about built-in obsolescence. Have you checked your printer's cartridges and calibration lately?

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

It seems to me that Supporter Services have responded very promptly and with appropriate advice. If City started publicising every glitch in every Apple and Microsoft update, and every potential glitch in printer etc configuration they’d have no time for the day job. And constantly tweaking their own platform, which comes with its own risks. And why should City meet the cost of every such event. I’m impressed they’ve identified the issue and explained it promptly. But hey let’s find another reason to bash the club....

A line of text saying 'we are aware of issues with OS#' would be sufficient, and it would save them dealing with a call.

33 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

It did say prior to printing that it should be done from a windows device. I can print them for you @Denbury Red

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Just to back up the quality service I received - Supporter Services have posted them to me free of charge, and also pointed out there is, albeit in small print, a note on the ticketing part of the website saying you needed a Windows pc to print from home.

They have also confirmed that should anyone have a similar problem they would print them free of charge.

They really can’t do much more - and as said in my second post above the response was within 5 mins of my initial email to Mark Kelly and Supporter Services.

I say thank you and at least they did their best to sort out a problem which wasn’t caused by them ....

Now we just need to win the game!

Archived