IGNORED

Great performance.

MC RISK77

Best home game for a while, Pato much better but still not doing enough against attacking midfielders, Norwich exploited that! Pack, Pato and o’Dowda in the main gave us a pretty good midfield, Weimann having a mare, can’t work out if it’s him or the pkaying style  - looking forward to better things in this crazy league COYR

Absolutely loved the performance today. Was a joy to see us pressing and hassling once again. My Swindon  mate was really impressed with Josh and Fammy. I actually feel a sense of relief more than anything else to be fair ! Relief that we still have these performances and style of play in us ! 

Hats off to the players today, most of whom had their best game in a while, perhaps with the notable exception of Kelly, who got caught at least a couple of times by Pukki. Also fair play to LJ who got the tactics and formation right from the start. It does however beg the question of why we have seen so little of O'Dowda this season.

The only major negative was that their second goal seemed so inevitable as we dropped back deeper and deeper. We let them onto us, and we really needed fresh legs in midfield to chase them down for the last 25 minutes, plus some speed upfront to scare their centre backs into staying further back. The only options off the bench for that were Morrell and Eisa, which does demonstrate our lack of experienced fit players and strength in depth.

In reality it was a difficult call for LJ. Make the changes and we win, it's inspired. Make the changes and we lose, and everyone on here would be on his case. Such are the joys of being a head coach / manager!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Surprised at those figures tbh

Listening to LJ post match he indicated we changed and got the ball forward earlier today 

Tbf I though we were very pro active / aggressive in our possession and thus despite the possession stats just had the balance if the game 

I suppose we did Bob but it only works if Fammy's on his game like he was earlier. I kinda get why we need another Djuric if we're going to play that way.

Loved it tonight, so much better! 

Reminded me very much of the wolves game last year in some ways but again LJ has to learn to match the opposition's substitutions as Norwich like wolves dragged us wide creating far too much space to penetrate the box...... as I've already raised b4 we are so bad from throw ins its unreal for their 1st goal which was a great finish for 18 was aloud to take a touch Dolman side from their throw waltz through midfield to the other side of the pitch and not tracked by pato and that's 1 nil..... much better over 90 but basics again let us down.

15 hours ago, Up The City! said:

When you consider the level of opposition then yes I think it can be regarded as a great result.

I actually didn't think Norwich were up to much tbh. I thought we were comfortable for most of the game. Probably get shot down for this but the fact they are so high up shows how average this league is IMO.

And that's the frustration, well mine anyway. I feel it's a bang average league. I've not seen one team ( maybe WBA but defensively awful) that I thought were anything special. 

Archived