IGNORED

Great performance.

MC RISK77

A very good performance against a top team. Some very encouraging positive performances from some players who’ve been questioned recently ie: Patterson, Baker, Fammy, Pisano. 

A good point, with not many negatives to pick from it. Although I’m sure some will manage too without much trouble..!

If we are a team that’s struggling then I’m Rachel Riley. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

We would surely all have taken a draw before the game started against the top team.

fammy and cod the standout players, well done Lee and team.

On today’s evidence we should have won comfortably. Norwich offered very little and only got back in the game because we decided to defend the edge of our box with 10 men for the last 20 mins and even then did it so badly that we couldn’t pick up someone at the back stick who essentially ‘tummyed’ it in.

Great attacking football at times, but we need another striker to help out Fammy, shame we didn’t believe in ourselves and defended so deep for the last part of the game.

Not a great performance, but good at times, make no mistake, 2 points dropped this evening, but then 3 gained at St. Andrews, Griffin Park and the Liberty stadium.

What goes around comes around, unless you’re a top six team, then by the end you will have taken the majority of opportunities offered to you.

37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You cant be offside in your own half

yes you can if the player plays back to a player from an offside position the free kick is played from where the ball was played where the offside player touched it.

it happened against us last season (still pissed off) in our own half

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

While COD was motm, does anyone agree that Eros being there ahead of Hunt gives us the security to be more attack minded? I thought he was excellent today, much more like his old annoying, cynical likeable self. 

Well played Eros Pisano.

Indeed, quietly a MOTM contender himself. Maybe a bit disappointed with the goal at his back post but generally strong, aggressive, winning every challenge. Looked like he'd nearly reduced their young winger to tears ?

Was very impressed with us for 70 minutes today, but Johnson should have pressed home the advantage and made some subs earlier that kept them pinned back in their half. 

I certainly was delighted to ses tbe return of the high press keeping their defenders worried and really stating our attacking intent.

It took an absolute stunning save to deny us the three points though.

I'm a happy bunny tonight.

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

I thought that was a brilliant performance against a really good Norwich side.

I felt we got some of last season's identity back.

IMO the only difference between the teams was something you can't always see and that's consistency 

What did you think was really good about Norwich?

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What did you think was really good about Norwich?

I’ll have a go at that

The two wings backs

but , particularly their movement from front players and midfield runners and clever little runs ahead of the ball

Some of the best movement / runs I’ve seen from an opposition

Mind you Thought overall we just deserved the 3 points

I think he kept Famara on the pitch to help out at the back, especially on set pieces, as a bit of panic set in during the last 15 minutes, mainly from Kelly just kicking it anywhere - usually to the opposition. I thought he had a below average game tonight and a bit of a liability in the last 15 minutes.

In contrast, the young full backs for Norwich showed much more composure, really impressed with them and the 18 year old full back got their equaliser at the far post. They have a couple of diamonds in those two. 

Norwich were the better team imo but with our players retreating so deep late on it was evident that the belief and self confidence is still a bit lacking.  But it was a good performance from us, a vast improvement on recent performances and something to build on.

A valuable point gained against a good team.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Decent" - oh, piss off. What were you expecting against top of the league who score for fun? A club that pays comfortably 40-60% higher wages than we do.

We were entertaining, created more chances than them, 7 corners to 1. Very good performance.

Your likes say it all.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ll have a go at that

The two wings backs

but , particularly their movement from front players and midfield runners and clever little runs ahead of the ball

Some of the best movement / runs I’ve seen from an opposition

Mind you Thought overall we just deserved the 3 points

Spot on, people can kick LJ when we don’t play well, but that was strong opposition with very good ideas on how they play and we stood our ground. 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Very encouraging, up to the point where we tried to sit on a lead again, not helped by the refusal to bring on some fresh legs.

I was undecided which subs to use, if any. To me it was the sort of game that was finely balanced that you could make a sub and upset any hold and momentum we had. I was between a rock and a hard place on that call and probably wouldn’t have done anything personally.

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

yes you can if the player plays back to a player from an offside position the free kick is played from where the ball was played where the offside player touched it.

it happened against us last season (still pissed off) in our own half

You can only be offside on a Saturday , if the temperature drops below 5 degrees  AND  IF the game kicks off at or before 3PM.

Know the rules ffs

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Decent" - oh, piss off. What were you expecting against top of the league who score for fun? A club that pays comfortably 40-60% higher wages than we do.

We were entertaining, created more chances than them, 7 corners to 1. Very good performance.

Out of likes but spot on.

Was a bit wary when I saw the team but I enjoyed that- best home display in a while. Thought would be a score draw and it was- got a draw, could have been all 3 points but can't complain.

Pack ball, O'Dowda finish- great.

Maybe Diedhiou will get on a run. Weimann assist well worked, that will help his confidence too I feel. Point to prove returning to Derby next week?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I was undecided which subs to use, if any. To me it was the sort of game that was finely balanced that you could make a sub and upset any hold and momentum we had. I was between a rock and a hard place on that call and probably wouldn’t have done anything personally.

I thought Farkes substitutions And Less minimal change changed the late momentum

BUT

I agree with you and not critical of Lee in this one , I was undecided what I would have done 

I thought we could of got someone closer to FD as he tired but that would have been spinning the dice a bit and left us exposed 

The other option was to throw Eisa on as fresh legs for FD but I’ve seen no evidence that Eisa is up to a lone role at this level ( I would have been tempted to withdraw FD and put COD there and ask him to work the channels as best he could

No obvious solution because our options off the bench weren’t too appetising 

As you astutely pointed out , finely balanced and not a time to take gambles 

Injuries and recruitment more an any issue than Lees decisions today

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was very impressed with us for 70 minutes today, but Johnson should have pressed home the advantage and made some subs earlier that kept them pinned back in their half. 

I certainly was delighted to ses tbe return of the high press keeping their defenders worried and really stating our attacking intent.

It took an absolute stunning save to deny us the three points though.

I'm a happy bunny tonight.

Well said.

Just can’t wait for us to take the next step!

Everyone had a decent game today and COD, Fam, Pack and Brownhill stood out particularly for me.

Best game I've seenat the Gate for some time.

Why LJ didn't use his subs when several of our players looked our on their feet was beyond me and Ihave no idea why the ref allowed Twttey to stay on the pitch 

Onwards and upwards though.

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dominated possession, looked dangerous every time they attacked, fantastic first goal, Kruhl made a couple of great saves.

Could see why they are challenging for promotion. But we more than matched them.

Don’t think they dominated possession. We let them have the last 20, as is our want these days.

Thought they looked average, Krul made 2 great saves but also spilled 2, one of which should have been punished but Fammy had already given up on the play. 

Just thought that they were alright.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Everyone had a decent game today and COD, Fam, Pack and Brownhill stood out particularly for me.

Best game I've seenat the Gate for some time.

no idea why the ref allowed Twttey to stay on the pitch

Agree with all of this :thumbsup:

Why LJ didn't use his subs when several of our players looked our on their feet was beyond me and Ihave  

Not so much with this :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards though.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great / good / very good ........take you’re personal option

At the very least we were decent / good 

It was not only he actual,interplay at times , but the ATTITUDE , working for each other , throwing ourselves into challenges

COD running at them and cutting them up at times, Famaras all round game, Paterson near his best and Pack near his best

Brownhill shooting , Kelly’s composure

Lots of positives today , for me

I agree Bob, lots of positives BUT a few on going real concerns too.

1. We got a good few crosses / corners in the box and barely got near them - we need to start attacking the ball at offensive set pieces.

2.  At certain points we looked static, certainly in midfield  /  defense when they had possession in the 2nd half and very often lost our men when through balls went into the box

3. The defending for their equalizer was appalling.

I can for once say I came away from AG entertained which hasn`t been the case lately. As far as Norwich were concerned I think we made them look average rather than they had an off night. Andi, Pack, Pato, Fam and Eros looked back to their best and Callum shone out. With regard to the lack of subs we were chatting about this at the time and really didn`t see what subs would have made a difference other than the one that was made - Andi Weimann worked his socks off tonight and was dead on his feet.

All in all a thoroughly good performance and one I enjoyed immensely. Well played lads.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

62% to 38%, I'd say that was dominating. 

Surprised at those figures tbh

Listening to LJ post match he indicated we changed and got the ball forward earlier today 

Tbf I though we were very pro active / aggressive in our possession and thus despite the possession stats just had the balance if the game 

Archived