IGNORED

Great performance.

MC RISK77

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Can’t agree. O’Dowda was pretty much done after 65 minutes. He had an occasional burst on the ball but was struggling to keep going up and down that wing. Weimann wasn’t great today and we could have used the fresher legs and different option of Eliasson imo. Also Diedhiou was done after 75-80 minutes and never come off. We had 3 subs and used one and it was a typical I screwed up and need to look like I am doing something change from LJ imo

Clearly either not at the match or you’ve never played football. COD was nothing short of brilliant. Post 65 mins his defensive work was relentless 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Decent" - oh, piss off. What were you expecting against top of the league who score for fun? A club that pays comfortably 40-60% higher wages than we do.

We were entertaining, created more chances than them, 7 corners to 1. Very good performance.

You genuinely think we were great? Behave. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Decent" - oh, piss off. What were you expecting against top of the league who score for fun? A club that pays comfortably 40-60% higher wages than we do.

We were entertaining, created more chances than them, 7 corners to 1. Very good performance.

Spot on.  

Tonight was a good performance against a very decent team. 

Personally I was a little disappointed with the draw. City could and maybe should have won it.

Great / good / very good ........take you’re personal option

At the very least we were decent / good 

It was not only he actual,interplay at times , but the ATTITUDE , working for each other , throwing ourselves into challenges

COD running at them and cutting them up at times, Famaras all round game, Paterson near his best and Pack near his best

Brownhill shooting , Kelly’s composure

Lots of positives today , for me

Just now, Robbored said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing OE...…

As I've said on the match day thread, it's not hindsight it was clear fresh legs were needed as Norwich got a grip on the game BEFORE they equalised. LJ is just mostly reactive when using subs, instead of being proactive. Same thing happened against Millwall.

An 8 out of 10 performance until they levelled it and if the game had gone on 5 mins longer we would have lost I think.

Great to see COD in the team as he should be. 

Shame we didn’t get the home win we needed but we have Brentford and Rotherham so play like that and 6 points likely outcome.

29 minutes ago, tin said:

Great? No. More like much improved. 

Most of that was down to O’Dowda, although I suspect he was picked to start as the spotlight was on. Big chance to impress on Sky tonight and enhance his chances of a January move if the rumours of him refusing to sign a new deal are true. 

After seeing him rip through Fulham at Craven Cottage last year, our team should’ve been built around him this year. Mental he hasn’t started more games this season when you see what he brings. 

Makes me question LJ. Inexplicable. He doesn't seem the kind of bloke to fall out with managers

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And if you could actually answer my question..."what were you expecting?" that would be GREAT.

Cheers.

I said we weren’t great in response to the initial post.  You told me to piss off. 

Fact is the only way you could say we were great is if you compare it to the crap we’ve had to endure for the last however many weeks or months.

It was a decent/good performance. But let’s not get carried away eh?

As for what was I expecting? Probably not that good a performance if I’m being honest. It was nice to see us not play shit  For a change and I hope it continues. That alright by you?

Entertaining match. City played well and were the better side for two thirds of the game. Norwich finished stronger but were lucky to not go down to ten men when the ref bottled that second yellow. Diedhiou led the line well and O'Dowda caused them all manner of problems.

Their 2nd goal was disappointing defensively for us  - not sure why Diedhiou was left isolated. Once he'd slipped it was a decent cross, although their scorer did sneak in at the back post too easily.

1 minute ago, bcfctim said:

Lot of talk recently about us lacking identity but that felt more like 'us', today. More intensity, pressing, forcing mistakes higher up the pitch. Need to be able to replicate that against teams more inclined to sit back.

And there lies the problem, a tad "one trick pony" at the moment. Most teams from Xmas onwards last season have worked us out and we have struggled to come up with an effective plan B. When we are "allowed" to play we look a top 6 side, when we are up against a well coached rigid 4-5-1 who sit back and wait for us to make a mistake we look bottom 6.

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

As I've said on the match day thread, it's not hindsight it was clear fresh legs were needed as Norwich got a grip on the game BEFORE they equalised. LJ is just mostly reactive when using subs, instead of being proactive. Same thing happened against Millwall.

I see and agree upto a point with what you’re saying - no doubt that Norwich were in the ascendency but I’m not sure any City substitution would have had any impact at that stage of the game,

37 minutes ago, Jack Bailey said:

Clearly either not at the match or you’ve never played football. COD was nothing short of brilliant. Post 65 mins his defensive work was relentless 

He was right in front of me mate. Struggled to get out of our half last 15 minutes. He was brilliant and I have said that. Was knackered after 65 though. Wasn’t a huge shock the cross came in from that side for their equaliser. Reckon Fam was there because COD was struggling

Archived