IGNORED

Today's televised games

22A

Hibs v Celtic. The Hibs fans could be heard singing "There's only one team in Edinburgh". Pity that last word is just too long to fit as Bristol does. The commentator mentioned that today was only Celtic's 7th defeat in 113 domestic games. He didn't say though whether Celtic are a real class act or if they are simply a great white shark in a pool of goldfish.

Soton v Arsenal. Saints' winner was very similar to Norwich's equaliser yesterday. That had been described as a good goal. Today's commentator put the winning goal down to poor goal keeping.

Liverpool v Man U.  Alan Green, a self confessed Liverpool fan, is commentating on the radio and informed us that Liverpool were all over Man U. I put the telly on to find the scores are 1-1.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Hibs v Celtic. The Hibs fans could be heard singing "There's only one team in Edinburgh". Pity that last word is just too long to fit as Bristol does. The commentator mentioned that today was only Celtic's 7th defeat in 113 domestic games. He didn't say though whether Celtic are a real class act or if they are simply a great white shark in a pool of goldfish.

Soton v Arsenal. Saints' winner was very similar to Norwich's equaliser yesterday. That had been described as a good goal. Today's commentator put the winning goal down to poor goal keeping.

Liverpool v Man U.  Alan Green, a self confessed Liverpool fan, is commentating on the radio and informed us that Liverpool were all over Man U. I put the telly on to find the scores are 1-1.

1. Celtic have lost 3 and drawn 3 of 8 away games this season . Don't know about goldfish but the league is full of carp.

2. Saints winner came down to the actions of a goalkeeper who does not trust his defence. Don't see the parallels.

3. 36 goal attempts to 6 seems to justify Green's comments.

I watched the Liverpool v Man Utd game and what a terrific match it was. Very high tempo at times but it became clear that Liverpool were the far better team and deserved the win.

3 - 1 flattered Man United. Liverpool could have scored 5 or 6. They played really well.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Liverpool were all over them, it was a howler from Allison. Green bias was cancelled out by Robbie Savages Man U bias when I was listening. 33 shots on target v 5 says it all. 

Archived