IGNORED

Tammy..

BCFC1512

Haha Merry Christmas Vila! Funny if it derails them...

Newcastle or Fulham- maybe even Wolves because they've never properly replaced Afobe, could a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 suit him?

Could he even get into the Chelsea squad this season? Giroud and Morata though vastly more experienced internationals are hit and miss. Think he'll be in demand though- Palace, Leicester- perhaps Everton on loan?

Been linked with Newcastle and Palace recently. Either would be better moves than Swansea but still think they are too defensive to suit him perfectly. 

Fulham linked with Mousset at Bournemouth so looks like strikers will be moving in January on loan. So maybe we can get one in after these deals happen. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Been linked with Newcastle and Palace recently. Either would be better moves than Swansea but still think they are too defensive to suit him perfectly. 

Fulham linked with Mousset at Bournemouth so looks like strikers will be moving in January on loan. So maybe we can get one in after these deals happen. 

Apparently Eddie Howe said at his press conference today that Mousset is going nowhere - guess that depends on how much someone is prepared to pay however, and the replacement he would plan to bring in!

7 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Bit of a relief if Tammy moves away from Villa.

When I see their team sheet with Abraham, Kodjia, Bollasie and Adomah in the squad, I'm sure they've only done it to wind us up.  Scumbags.

Their fans seem cocky about FFP too looking at Twitter.

At first I'd have been happy with them missing promotion, points deduction and struggling for a bit.

Now I kinda hope they're the new Sunderland, the tossers.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Their fans seem cocky about FFP too looking at Twitter.

At first I'd have been happy with them missing promotion, points deduction and struggling for a bit.

Now I kinda hope they're the new Sunderland, the tossers.

I think I'm right in saying that this is the last season of parachute payments for Villa and Norwich.  Unfortunately the former seem to have tapped into a new channel of investment (Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens).  It was looking good when Tony Xia couldn't get his cash out of China and their bloated squad was eating piles of cash.  Unfortunately for the rest of the Championship, Dean Smith seems to know how to get an EFL team to the top of their respective division and it wouldn't surprise me if Villa throw caution to the wind.  They'll gamble on FFP and get promoted in the same way that Wolves, Bournemouth and QPR have done previously.  If they don't go up this season, I can't see how they can avoid a FFP penalty even with their turnover.

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

I think I'm right in saying that this is the last season of parachute payments for Villa and Norwich.  Unfortunately the former seem to have tapped into a new channel of investment (Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens).  It was looking good when Tony Xia couldn't get his cash out of China and their bloated squad was eating piles of cash.  Unfortunately for the rest of the Championship, Dean Smith seems to know how to get an EFL team to the top of their respective division and it wouldn't surprise me if Villa throw caution to the wind.  They'll gamble on FFP and get promoted in the same way that Wolves, Bournemouth and QPR have done previously.  If they don't go up this season, I can't see how they can avoid a FFP penalty even with their turnover.

Along with Hull and Boro, who only got 2 years because they went up and back down.

15 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Correct. Think they're already in breach myself from 16/17 to the present but maybe not quite- if they are they should be punished this season.

They'll need big cutbacks then next year as their 3 year rolling losses will have begun 2017/18 rather than 2016/17 and as those figures will surely be worse than 16/17...

Hull and Boro parachute payments indeed also run out at end of this season. Both have already started process of cutbacks (tbh Hull smacks more of asset stripping to me- League One for them soon)??

34 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Not now they can't!

I think I'm right in saying that this is the third year of the ffp cycle. If so, and they throw caution to the wind ( I presume you mean spending in the January window) their financial chickens will come home to roost this season.

The new rules require clubs to provide projected accounts for the third year next March. Forget whether they are promoted or not, because if they are then found to have breached ffp limits, then under the new ffp rules they can and should be penalised immediately. As the new rules allow a points deduction to be sanctioned, it could mean them failing to be promoted, even if they have finished in the promotion places.

7 hours ago, Xiled said:

The investment meant they could pay their bills, it doesn't get them off the FFP hook.

James Collins has reportedly foregone his contract having got injured as soon as he signed but the fact remains that they were prepared to pay a reported £50k a week to a 35 year old.

I suspect they are gambling on the EFL being unwilling to take them on because they are a big club. They may well be right.

Archived