IGNORED

Lee Johnson Post Match

BobBobSuperBob

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He might not be near a League start, but there have been times at the end of games where Fam looks out on his feet. Surely he is worth 10 minutes at the end of a game when your CF is blowing out of his arse. If LJ doesn't trust him with 10-15 mins what's the point of having him on the bench. I think I've only seen him twice and only cameos, so I'm no expert, but what's the point of a sub if he's never given the chance? He has looked lively and had a trick when I've seen him, and those 10 mins at the end of a game , a fresh pair of legs could be crucial . 

I wonder if Eisa will get a run in the up coming cup game, I would imagine the club has budgeted for a cup run of sorts and Huddersfield would be seen as beatable. Makes me think he may put a stronger team out. I hope  he does get a run, I want to see what we've got there, good chance that Adalukan will start  though I would have thought.

Prob is Mike

I don’t think he’s able to play up there on his own at this level , at least , as yet

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Prob is Mike

I don’t think he’s able to play up there on his own at this level , at least , as yet

He's shown he can in the last couple of games, I'd say. 

However, we certainly need another striker to take the weight off his shoulders

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Prob is Mike

I said in the week that I didn’t see him as a lone striker, unless it’s to convert chances....and not be involved in the general play.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Prob is Mike

I don't disagree as such . I'm just thinking as a nuisance for 10 mins, he could have learnt a bit a little , all good experience. I did get that even tired Vs Norwich , Fam's physical presence tied up their defence. I just think those little cameos could have helped his education, otherwise why is he even on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ did say that Eisa looks good in training but said that in the cameo of the Championship he ‘looked a little lost’. From that I concluded that he feels Eisa isn’t yet upto speed so a possible loan to a L1 outfit might be on the cards.

Personally I’d like see him given an opportunity against Huddersfield.

So the question stands . If he looks lost in training then did we do our due diligents in our scouting 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s exactly how it works. 

He said the exact opposite....

He said I look forward to see what (players) the recruitment team present to me........as in I will say - go find a striker in budget with the following attributes......

The point was - he was distancing himself from the process somewhat.......why?

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Of course there are those who are more severe than us. I guess from your posts that you don't hate him like the terminology that some use. Just like me me, a burning desire for our club to be where it should be for the seventh or eighth largest English  city. In the Premier League, not as a right, but because we deserve to be there by our performances. And at my age, let it be sooner!

See, there's the thing CA, you and Bob have both been pretty negative over the last few months (Maybe longer?), BUT (Big but) you both tend to back up your opinions with why you are thinking that way.

I've got absolutely no problem with anyone that can back up their opinions with reasoning. I may not agree with it but I will 100% back you if you come up with reasons why you think that way without resorting to personal vendettas towards certain individuals. This is one of the reasons I will always read posts by both of you even if I don't necessarily agree with it. There are a few posters who do the same that I always take note of. I wouldn't normally name names but @Davefevs deserves a mention for his recent posts though.

The opposite is also true though, where certain posters post the same shit time after time, or, even worse, disappear if the team are performing differently to their point of view (both positively and negatively). I find that really frustrating. 

Tbf, it worries the shit out of me when Olé starts complaining though. You know times are tough then.

Anyway, I'm sure we all want the same thing when supporting this club through thin and (slightly) thinner.

16 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

See, there's the thing CA, you and Bob have both been pretty negative over the last few months (Maybe longer?), BUT (Big but) you both tend to back up your opinions with why you are thinking that way.

I've got absolutely no problem with anyone that can back up their opinions with reasoning. I may not agree with it but I will 100% back you if you come up with reasons why you think that way without resorting to personal vendettas towards certain individuals. This is one of the reasons I will always read posts by both of you even if I don't necessarily agree with it. There are a few posters who do the same that I always take note of. I wouldn't normally name names but @Davefevs deserves a mention for his recent posts though.

The opposite is also true though, where certain posters post the same shit time after time, or, even worse, disappear if the team are performing differently to their point of view (both positively and negatively). I find that really frustrating. 

Tbf, it worries the shit out of me when Olé starts complaining though. You know times are tough then.

Anyway, I'm sure we all want the same thing when supporting this club through thin and (slightly) thinner.

That’s what brings me back, day after day, at almost 1am whilst watching a recording of the EFL on Quest.  Gonna be a late one!

Posts don’t need to have so much animosity.  As you say, you can have an opposite view to someone but respect their view because they explain why.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s what brings me back, day after day, at almost 1am whilst watching a recording of the EFL on Quest.  Gonna be a late one!

Posts don’t need to have so much animosity.  As you say, you can have an opposite view to someone but respect their view because they explain why.

I don't agree, you ****!

;)

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think the question is . Why sign him then . He’s not a kid. Very inexperienced and a massive step up as you say . Just seems like a strange signing really . 

It was and it is.

I ponder whether we would have signed him say, if he played for any other D2 team..........

is this a first? I totally agree with BobBob! Good to see the reviews from City fans and Derby fans in the pubs after the game that we really are a good side now. Bookies say we wont be top 10 which may "really disappoint SL" but they also say we wont be bottom 10 either! So at some stage it may be worth risking points and places to bring in squad players, of which we have a dozen to choose from.

Brings me on to my main point (agreeing with BobBob is big enough). Folks who come on hear saying the team is performing because Lj is keeping to a more consistent side are the very same who are saying we shouldnt be starting with Weimann and Paterson. So although its Christmas we cant have our cake AND eat it. Oh yes we can!

Happy Tidings to all and an exciting January ahead - only home league game in the entire month

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

is this a first? I totally agree with BobBob! Good to see the reviews from City fans and Derby fans in the pubs after the game that we really are a good side now. Bookies say we wont be top 10 which may "really disappoint SL" but they also say we wont be bottom 10 either! So at some stage it may be worth risking points and places to bring in squad players, of which we have a dozen to choose from.

Brings me on to my main point (agreeing with BobBob is big enough). Folks who come on hear saying the team is performing because Lj is keeping to a more consistent side are the very same who are saying we shouldnt be starting with Weimann and Paterson. So although its Christmas we cant have our cake AND eat it. Oh yes we can!

Happy Tidings to all and an exciting January ahead - only home league game in the entire month

Interesting isn’t it.  Pato in particular is benefitting from firstly being selected in his favoured position, secondly, getting a run of games there and thirdly, having the same players around him (bar one or two changes over the 4/5 games).

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No probs 

Ironically - I think there’s been far more vocal and brutal vociferous than us

Makes me chuckle how much is aimed my way :yes:

If I see credit due , with LJ or anyone else , I’ll say so and say it as I see

Same for any concerns or criticisms 

You’re  never far away from being wrong about football, whatever your views, opinions ,  or stance 

Love it!! ? 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

It was and it is.

I ponder whether we would have signed him say, if he played for any other D2 team..........

Undoubtedly LJ trusted his father judgement on Eisa as a player and why not? If anything having that family bond was advantageous in this particular transfer.

My sense is that LJ has been trying to make us harder to beat in the first half the season. To some degree it has  worked.

This has meant some chopping and changing of the team - not helped by injuries to key players.

It seems, that he's found the right combination / formation and the players are now playing to their strengths.

Let's not forget, we've lost 3 key players, 4 if you include Korey, plus a new GK. That's almost half a team.

Now, I'm not saying he's found the silver bullet. I would like to see us kick on a bit from here. We're a mid table squad, let's see if we can punch above our weight.

Archived