IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 24

BessexRED

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Easier said than done, most of the best ones are definitely unavailable....

You got anyone in mind? :dunno: .…. I can only think of a few, Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, TS Elliot, Harold Pinter, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel Coward.... Class acts but they're all dead.    

Fancy missing out Joe Orton

Poor performance today from City. Static and very little invention. First half in particular was woeful. We played ourselves into trouble so many times with the unnecessary backwards/sideways passes. Brentford on the other hand looked lively, mobile, determined, inventive and full of running. This morning I would have been disappointed with the idea of a draw from today but after watching that it feels like a point gained.

Not the sort of football that will make people want to keep coming to Ashton Gate.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Apart from the fact nobody is like that. 

Some people just don't break down when we are top half of the championship... 

Apart from our manager of course

We are where we are. We will not be top two , we could with a bit of luck and some good signings make top six. 

I for  one am right behind Lee Johnson we have improved every season since he has been in charge. 

Today wasn't great , I admit that but some people on here need to get a grip and accept that we are a !I'd table championship club, and I got one are happy with that at the moment. Well done Lee

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yeh, you probably left early and missed his free kick that Bentley somehow saved...

Got excited by that did you? I didn’t. Like the bloke on the radio said. I wish I stayed at home and watched “ Home alone” 

playing a side on a poor run and we haven’t won at home since don’t know when.  ?

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Disapointed with a draw today but we are unbeaten in six games. Its not mutch that with lift us to a higher ground. 

We have not won at home since 24 Oct :dunno:

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Got excited by that did you? I didn’t. Like the bloke on the radio said. I wish I stayed at home and watched “ Home alone” 

playing a side on a poor run and we haven’t won at home since don’t know when.  ?

You probably don't get excited by much judging by your posts on here... 

Nobody is arguing our home form is poor, just the complete overreaction on here is humorous

17 minutes ago, City 62 said:

We are where we are. We will not be top two , we could with a bit of luck and some good signings make top six. 

I for  one am right behind Lee Johnson we have improved every season since he has been in charge. 

Today wasn't great , I admit that but some people on here need to get a grip and accept that we are a !I'd table championship club, and I got one are happy with that at the moment. Well done Lee

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Nobody is arguing our home form is poor, just the complete overreaction on here is humorous

Do you think LJ will bring in the minimum requirement in this next window; a centre midfield general, and an exp goalscorer; these must be 2 that most have heard of therefore exp in this div?

I certainly do not, although that may not be just down to him but the restrictions put on by someone else and this from a club who are ambitious to challenge at the top....alledgedly.

Slow build is the latest "thing" for not going for it; slow build and sell off your best assets....could take a while/.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can't you see! It's not the defence that's the problem, it's the lack of any shots on goal and the fact that they are unable to break down opposing defences. when teams are set up to frustrate us.  The other thing is that when they go a goal up, they seem to be instructed to sit back and allow teams to come on to them. We all know teams will pressure you when losing, but not usually for 40 or 45 minutes, as we allow them to do regularly.

I can see perfectly - we have sold all the goals out of our side so we have to concentrate at the other end, it’s hardly rocket science is it

17 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Do you think LJ will bring in the minimum requirement in this next window; a centre midfield general, and an exp goalscorer; these must be 2 that most have heard of therefore exp in this div?

I certainly do not, although that may not be just down to him but the restrictions put on by someone else and this from a club who are ambitious to challenge at the top....alledgedly.

Slow build is the latest "thing" for not going for it; slow build and sell off your best assets....could take a while/.

I don't see us spending 20 plus million this January tbh no... 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As others have pointed out 

It doesn’t help you exaggerating comments and stirring s**t does it ?

Were you there today ?

@JamesBCFC

Asking for a friend.

I never comment on a match I didn't watch in full - mostly in my case its via TV or stream.

You did this before - became all sanctimonious and then revealed you listened to a bit on the radio.

If you saw the whole game - fair enough, but if you didn't go, then BBSB is absolutely spot-on to call you out on it.

So did you go?

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I don't see us spending 20 plus million this January tbh no... 

Don't think I mentioned 20 PLUS million, our great scouting network could knock a chunk off that.

Even if it was that amount it would give us a sustained promo challenge and be a small price to pay for a possible big step up. It would also give us 2 valuable assets to sell on if need be, maybe SL dosen`t trust LJ with that sort of money in one window is nearer the truth.

Play with the big boys then pay with the big boys f.f.s show some ambition and some belief in your staff Steve.

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:

Don't think I mentioned 20 PLUS million, our great scouting network could knock a chunk off that.

Even if it was that amount it would give us a sustained promo challenge and be a small price to pay for a possible big step up. It would also give us 2 valuable assets to sell on if need be, maybe SL dosen`t trust LJ with that sort of money in one window is nearer the truth.

Play with the big boys then pay with the big boys f.f.s show some ambition and some belief in your staff Steve.

A 'midfield general' and a top goalscorer will cost around 20 million in the inflated January Market. 

If it was that amount, it would screw us over ffp wise and could leave us with a points deduction if we didn't go up. Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk

18 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A 'midfield general' and a top goalscorer will cost around 20 million in the inflated January Market. 

If it was that amount, it would screw us over ffp wise and could leave us with a points deduction if we didn't go up. Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk

Any luck with the

’complete overreaction ’ ?

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

My overreacting  is funny? I’ve got friends who’ve been season tickets  holders who aren’t going anymore because because of Johnson and his arrogance. “ we’ll be playing in Europe in five years “

As for getting excited by much? Well there ain’t much to get excited about at the gate in all honesty. 

You come across as a bit of a “swing your pants” type getting excited by a sub coming on with 3 minutes remaining? 

Keep it up. Johnson needs you!

49 minutes ago, swanker said:

My overreacting  is funny? I’ve got friends who’ve been season tickets  holders who aren’t going anymore because because of Johnson and his arrogance. “ we’ll be playing in Europe in five years “

As for getting excited by much? Well there ain’t much to get excited about at the gate in all honesty. 

You come across as a bit of a “swing your pants” type getting excited by a sub coming on with 3 minutes remaining? 

Keep it up. Johnson needs you!

So you have friends who aren’t coming because of a joke by Johnson, wow proper supporters them...

When did I ever say I get excited by subs coming on with 5 minutes left? Do tell me when I did...

Johnson does need support yes, unfortunately he was never going to get support from certain ‘fans’ but most can see how we’ve progressed under his management

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Any luck with the

’complete overreaction ’ ?

If you really want to find it bob (as you must do asking me twice for it), go and trawl through the hundreds of posts here and you’ll find some...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So you have friends who aren’t coming because of a joke by Johnson, wow proper supporters them...

When did I ever say I get excited by subs coming on with 5 minutes left? Do tell me when I did...

Johnson does need support yes, unfortunately he was never going to get support from certain ‘fans’ but most can see how we’ve progressed under his management

If you really want to find it bob (as you must do asking me twice for it), go and trawl through the hundreds of posts here and you’ll find some...

That’s my point , I havnt seen them

Maybe... :whistle2:...there was no complete overreaction and you are stirring the pot .....in your exaggerations 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s my point , I havnt seen them

Maybe... :whistle2:...there was no complete overreaction and you are stirring the pot .....in your exaggerations 

I could name numerous Johnson out posts (not only today but throughout the whole season) but really cannot be bothered. 

Personally, I’m happy with where we are currently, if you’d have given me top half at Christmas I’d have been happy with it, as I’d imagine others would have been. 

Lets see how we do v Rotherham 

19 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I want you to read this article and then genuinely answer this question:

Do you honestly think that he was joking?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36962717

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

I could name numerous Johnson out posts (not only today but throughout the whole season) but really cannot be bothered. 

Personally, I’m happy with where we are currently, if you’d have given me top half at Christmas I’d have been happy with it, as I’d imagine others would have been. 

Lets see how we do v Rotherham 

I’m confused 

You said the response to yesterday’s performance was a ‘complete overreaction ‘

Thats what I was querying 

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m confused 

You said the response to yesterday’s performance was a ‘complete overreaction ‘

Thats what I was querying 

And at times it was. 

Going off of here, you’d have thought we lost 6-1. We got a hard fought point, not the end of the world

Archived