IGNORED

Geeing or jeering

Antman

6 minutes ago, Antman said:

Who ever edits the main site ought to know the difference between ‘jeering’ the players and ‘geeing’ the players up

Unless LJ means he got the players to ‘jeer’ the crowd???

Ha, I thought that. 

Very poor editing. Someone is obviously pretty crap at their job.

Oh well, plenty of other opportunities available in the main stream media.

Does proof reading still exist?

8 hours ago, Antman said:

Who ever edits the main site ought to know the difference between ‘jeering’ the players and ‘geeing’ the players up

Unless LJ means he got the players to ‘jeer’ the crowd???

A superb observation. I haven't heard the interview but I'd be surprised if he said jeered. A Freudian slip if so.

Speaking of which.

If it's geeing you want, after the second red, Famara was turning to every stand waving his hands up and down in a 'make some noise' fashion, trying to create some much needed atmosphere. Personally I like that sort of attitude from players, but admittedly Fam had been having a poor game, so the fella behind us all loses his mind and yells out in response at the top of his voice "well ****ING do something yourself you p****, DO SOMETHING YOURSELF, don't tell us what to ****ing do". It was pretty epic.

I think that is jeering rather than geeing! It caught us all a little by surprise as it's generally a positive section around me, so we were all trying to work out where this meltdown had come from, when he screamed out for good measure "I PAID GOOD MONEY TO BE HERE!!!!!" So there you have it. Don't whatever you do try and gee up the crowd in a dire match because there is a fella in Dolman Block B who has paid to be entertained and doesn't want any of that atmosphere nonsense. SHAME ON YOU FAM.

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

Speaking of which.

If it's geeing you want, after the second red, Famara was turning to every stand waving his hands up and down in a 'make some noise' fashion, trying to create some much needed atmosphere. Personally I like that sort of attitude from players, but admittedly Fam had been having a poor game, so the fella behind us all loses his mind and yells out in response at the top of his voice "well ****ING do something yourself you p****, DO SOMETHING YOURSELF, don't tell us what to ****ing do". It was pretty epic.

I think that is jeering rather than geeing! It caught us all a little by surprise as it's generally a positive section around me, so we were all trying to work out where this meltdown had come from, when he screamed out for good measure "I PAID GOOD MONEY TO BE HERE!!!!!" So there you have it. Don't whatever you do try and gee up the crowd in a dire match because there is a fella in Dolman Block B who has paid to be entertained and doesn't want any of that atmosphere nonsense. SHAME ON YOU FAM.

He was also doing the whole hand-behind-each-ear thing which, in this case instead of being in celebration of a goal, meant there's not enough noise round here. A fair point. He was certainly taking Johnson's point about geeing the crowd up to another level. He's more often than not the one who most gives it what-for in order that we make some more noise, Paterson too at corners in front of the Standing Section. Worked a bit - there was some more noise but it consisted of part encouragement/ part angst at whether we'd score vs 9 men and the barbs we'd receive if we failed to. All worked out well though. 

I heard two post match interviews and in one  he said that the fans got behind and cheered the players on and in another he said that the players tried to enthuse the crowd by encouraging us and added that it works both ways. He knows that the crowd reacts to what they’re seeing on the pitch.

Obviously if the team are playing some great stuff then that enthuses the crowd but if they’re not playing that well like yesterday the crowd can help to encourage them by getting behind them - hard to do when you feel frustrated at what you’re seeing.

For as far back as I can remember the fans at AG have always been a fickle lot - no different from the majority of other fans and LJ mentioned that he’d played plenty of times when the atmosphere has been flat at AG.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Speaking of which.

I`d class it more as heckling!

Unless he went full Thatch35 of course.

Archived