IGNORED

RaspberryRed

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

The fixture has been 3pm for months so no excuses at all for a dire and embarrassing turn out. We had decent numbers at Swansea and Brentford but going north our effort is feeble, despite good performances and great wins

I would disagree. Having no POTD and no availability for purchase after the 28th seriously dented the turnout I think.

Myself and my mates have gone to numerous away games last minute or made the decision the day before to go. I'm not saying we would have taken 2000 but 12/1300 yes maybe.

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

To those that dont seem to think its a poor attendance. 

Swansea, who have less fans than us, worse form, lower in the table, 150 miles to Reading, 2000 fans.

Us, 125 miles to Stoke (not the other end of the world as some would make out), not played there for 10 years, less than 900 fans.

I could find many more examples Im sure. This thread is a bit Gas like.

For Swansea it's just a clean drive down the M4 and no bridge toll anymore, whereas there are numerous roadworks and traffic is usually horrendous going m5/m6. That's all before considering it being new years day and people potentially having family staying or being too hungover from the night before to travel. If you want to have a gripe about away figures you've chosen the wrong day. 

9 hours ago, MrBibs said:

Proud to have made up 3 of the 923  along with the 2 teenagers I drove up. Not going to criticise anyone for not going as it’s an expensive business going to away games.

@RedM - Thought my 3 wins and 1 defeat from away games this season was pretty good but you’ve trumped me. I’ve seen every home game apart from Sheff U so seen as many away wins in 4 trips as I have at home all season. 

Well done the 920 others today. Fantastic noisy positive support. 

It is crazy to see more away success than we have at home. As for the away ‘luck’, if you are like me it’s about time, as we have had too many long journeys home from defeats.

No I don’t criticise anyone for not going away either, it’s not cheap in both money or time terms. I’m not sure when my next away trip will be, only did Stoke as it was a new ground really. Boro would be new to me too but with the uncertinanty of whether either team will still be in the FA Cup I’m giving it a miss, too far to go on the day ( although I did do that when I went to their old ground) and too uncertain to book hotels.

11 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

The fixture has been 3pm for months so no excuses at all for a dire and embarrassing turn out. We had decent numbers at Swansea and Brentford but going north our effort is feeble, despite good performances and great wins

?

Judgung by this an other posts, I think you were still drinking yesterday.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

For Swansea it's just a clean drive down the M4 and no bridge toll anymore, whereas there are numerous roadworks and traffic is usually horrendous going m5/m6. That's all before considering it being new years day and people potentially having family staying or being too hungover from the night before to travel. If you want to have a gripe about away figures you've chosen the wrong day. 

How strange, live Google maps says 2.20 hours Bristol to Stoke and 2.35 hours Swansea to Reading.

And as I said, thats just one example.

If you and the rest think 900 away fans for a very simple journey is good then up to you, probably explains why we underachieve painfully for a city of our size over the years.

I don't want to antagonise any e with this thread so a summary for me is this;if we take 150 to a replay at Huddersfield those 150 really are fanatics (hardened fans) 

Why we can't take 1000-2000 on a simple motorway trip to Stoke questions whether our club has the true support yet of most other clubs in this division. We have had 5 months to recognise we are playing with more success away from home so I'm amazed more don't go. 

Anyway, happy new year to all City fans, supporters and people associated positively with our club!!! 

50 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I don't want to antagonise any e with this thread so a summary for me is this;if we take 150 to a replay at Huddersfield those 150 really are fanatics (hardened fans) 

Why we can't take 1000-2000 on a simple motorway trip to Stoke questions whether our club has the true support yet of most other clubs in this division. We have had 5 months to recognise we are playing with more success away from home so I'm amazed more don't go. 

We haven’t, and never have had, the same levels of support as clubs like Villa, West Brom, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, Sheffield Utd, Derby and Boro.

The sooner some people realise this the less outraged they will be when we ‘only’ take 923 up to Stoke on New Years Day with no POTD.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Anyway, happy new year to all City fans, supporters and people associated positively with our club!!! 

How long did it take you to drive up there HR?

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

You are assuming that everyone starts out from Bristol and from close to the M5.

That's not the case.

Robbo: Didn't drive. Train from Hampshire very early via London and back in Hants on train by 10pm. Cheapest way buying in advance and no worries about partying the night before. 

Some may point out its a long way to go for two shits on target but it was a real man's performance with all 11-14olaters being mini heroes:truly a game to remember for years to come whilst many of the other 50 or so per season will fade from memory. 

This is a time to hold tight and get really excited for our results over the next 20 league games

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Robbo: Didn't drive. Train from Hampshire very early via London and back in Hants on train by 10pm. Cheapest way buying in advance and no worries about partying the night before. 

Some may point out its a long way to go for two shits on target but it was a real man's performance with all 11-14olaters being mini heroes:truly a game to remember for years to come whilst many of the other 50 or so per season will fade from memory. 

This is a time to hold tight and get really excited for our results over the next 20 league games

Quality !!!  ?

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

So nothing to do with people having families and spending probably too much money on Christmas, some people off work not getting paid, some people not knowing if they could go or not until close to the time and then not being able to get match tickets as they were off sale, nothing to do with public transport being awful or non existent on New Years Day. 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

How strange, live Google maps says 2.20 hours Bristol to Stoke and 2.35 hours Swansea to Reading.

And as I said, thats just one example.

If you and the rest think 900 away fans for a very simple journey is good then up to you, probably explains why we underachieve painfully for a city of our size over the years.

The other day you were slating Sunderland for having 33k at home because they had 46k a few days before. You are just a sad troll on here. See above for a more detailed answer - you wouldn't understand though as I assume by the nonsense you type on here you are just some schoolboy with no family to support, you certainly cannot be a responsible adult.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

So 923 isn't good enough but 1000 is fine? POTD would have hit 1000, bit then you would have came on and said "why we can't get 1500-2000 on a simple motorway trip"....... Same old, same old....

34 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

More than I managed on New Years Day.

41 minutes ago, wood_red said:

So nothing to do with people having families and spending probably too much money on Christmas, some people off work not getting paid, some people not knowing if they could go or not until close to the time and then not being able to get match tickets as they were off sale, nothing to do with public transport being awful or non existent on New Years Day. 

The other day you were slating Sunderland for having 33k at home because they had 46k a few days before. You are just a sad troll on here. See above for a more detailed answer - you wouldn't understand though as I assume by the nonsense you type on here you are just some schoolboy with no family to support, you certainly cannot be a responsible adult.

So 923 isn't good enough but 1000 is fine? POTD would have hit 1000, bit then you would have came on and said "why we can't get 1500-2000 on a simple motorway trip"....... Same old, same old....

Ha, speaking of Sunderland, 8,000 fans at Blackpool, that's 144miles at 2.45 hours- fantastic support!

Loads of excuses on here that don't seem to apply to other teams, and loads of precious types that seem to be taking it personally.

39 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ha, speaking of Sunderland, 8,000 fans at Blackpool, that's 144miles at 2.45 hours- fantastic support!

Loads of excuses on here that don't seem to apply to other teams, and loads of precious types that seem to be taking it personally.

What was your excuse for not going? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that?

22 minutes ago, wood_red said:

What was your excuse for not going? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that? And the game before that, and the game before that?

Who is the troll now? I am not criticising any individual, as a fanbase, as a total, as a global effort 900 is poor in my opinion. Sorry you have a problem with that.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who is the troll now? I am not criticising any individual, as a fanbase, as a total, as a global effort 900 is poor in my opinion. Sorry you have a problem with that.

You have basically slated anyone who didn't go, if that isn't criticising individuals who are part of the fanbase I don't know what is.

You now quote it's a poor "Global effort". Were you expecting someone to travel the World to go to Stoke away?

Serious question - What was your excuse for not attending?

14 minutes ago, wood_red said:

You have basically slated anyone who didn't go, if that isn't criticising individuals who are part of the fanbase I don't know what is.

You now quote it's a poor "Global effort". Were you expecting someone to travel the World to go to Stoke away?

Serious question - What was your excuse for not attending?

Where have I slated anyone for not going? Think you are misreading somewhere along the line.

I don't have an excuse for not attending, I didn't want to go. I'm part of a fanbase that as a whole could only muster 900 only two hours away- poor.

"I didn't want to go"? 

Why wouldn't a fan want to go to an away game that is so easy to get to, just a couple of motorways away, and it only takes less than 2 and a half hours too. What a shocking pathetic effort from yourself.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Where have I slated anyone for not going? Think you are misreading somewhere along the line.

I don't have an excuse for not attending, I didn't want to go. I'm part of a fanbase that as a whole could only muster 900 only two hours away- poor.

You shout your mouth off about the shite travelling numbers 

But you didn’t go yourself 

:laughcont: :laughcont:

Complete bell end 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Priceless. 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Complete bell end 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Complete bell end 

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Priceless. 

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Post of the year sorted by Jan 2nd :laugh:

Might as well shut down the forum if people aren't allowed an opinion who didn't go! 

Worst away support in the division yesterday (or maybe 2nd worst fair enough after Bolton) is poor and I find it really sad that others cannot see that and are taking it as a personal affront.

It was a shit following, as our most of our followings north of Birmingham. We just don’t travel consistently it doesn’t seem to be part of the culture of the club, it’s sad really and the ones who get offended by this fact are probably the ones who’d like to attend but can’t for whatever reason.

Archived