IGNORED

Kit statistics 18/19

Spike

I've always been interested with stats in football and so I tend to keep an eye on them but I've never done any research into collecting my own until now. For a little fun I wanted to look at this seasons statistics in relation to the kits worn.

This was only done for a bit of fun and mild interest but I figured I'd share it as someone else may be interested. I do want to say and make clear that in no way do I think the kit worn has a direct or even indirect effect on our results.

The highest win ratio of our three kits is the white and black robin kit, having won both games that we've played in it giving it a 100% win ratio so far. In second place is the purple and lime with a 57% win ratio having played 7 games and won 4 of them. This leaves the red and white home kit as our lowest win ratio of 24%.

The most surprising statistic for me personally was that we have won the same games wearing the purple and lime as we have in the red and white (4) despite having played in the red and white in ten more games.

When looking at our goals we score 1.11 goals per game (GPG) in the red and white, 1.28 GPG wearing the purple and lime and have a 2.0 GPG ratio in the White and black.

In comparison, our goals against per game (GAPG) ratio in the purple and lime is less than a goal a game conceded at 0.85 GAPG. However, we average at least one goal a game in the white and black and red and white kits with the white and black at 1.0 GAPG and the red and white at 1.17 GAPG.

Here are the stats in full:

Red Kit:
Plyd 17 W 4 D 7 L 6 GF 19 GA 20 
W 24% D 41% L 35%
Goals per game for - 1.11  Goals per game against - 1.17
White w. Robin Kit
Plyd 2 W 2 D 0 L 0 GF 4 GA 2
W 100% D 0 L 0
Goals per game for - 2.0  Goals per game against - 1.0
Purple and Lime Kit
Plyd 7 W 4 D 1 L 2 GF 9 GA 6
Goals per game for - 1.28  Goals per game against - 0.85
W 57% D 14% L 29%

I know many people won't be interested but I thought it was interesting and something different, it also makes me happy I got the Robin featured White and Black kit rather than the home kit now ?

I'd love to see the stats since we brought the purple and lime back, I would think our record has been pretty good over the last 4 or 5 years?

As for the white with robin kit. It's obvious, bring the bloody robin back

Good work, Spike. Like stuff like this, something a little different

Archived