IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Bristol Rob

WALSH INJURY BLOW

City midfielder Liam Walsh will be unavailable for selection for up to 10 weeks after suffering a torn knee ligament against Ipswich Town.

Walsh was replaced by Joe Morrell in the 54thminute at Portman Road after limping off.

Frank Fielding is back in contention for selection after coming through a full 90 minutes for the Under-23s against Derby County on Friday, following his recovery from viral meningitis, while club captain Bailey Wright is also available.

Matty Taylor is two weeks away from fully fitness as he recovers from a hip flexor strain.

Korey Smith is continuing his rehabilitation from a knee injury by running on the AlterG machine that supports bodyweight while improving fitness.

This was posted 2nd December, Rob.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if he will be able to go straight back in when he returns, or worth easing him back in- if it's the latter would be more like some time in March I think, certainly for regular game time.

It will depend on how we are doing I guess, if we are still doing reasonably well then there will be no need to rush him.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if he will be able to go straight back in when he returns, or worth easing him back in- if it's the latter would be more like some time in March I think, certainly for regular game time.

Indeed - especially with the signing of Palmer. No doubt LJ will want to give him game time. There might be and probably is a clause in the loan deal contract that Palmer has to play a certain number of games as it was with Ryan Kent.

Archived