IGNORED

New SL strategy to get promotion

southvillekiddy

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm not even sure Derby are going this far, and they were the ones wronged.

I feel embarrassed for the club right now.

Just goes to show, you can have all the money in the world but still talk utter ***** sometimes.

As the saying goes... 'ead's gone.

They were the wronged ones? What about us? It's pretty clear he also sent spies to our training sessions and we lost against them sooo...

24 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

They were the wronged ones? What about us? It's pretty clear he also sent spies to our training sessions and we lost against them sooo...

Did the spying make Josh have a rush of blood?

No, it's wrong, was wrong, but asking for points off smacks a bit of the desperate.

SL should've kept his feelings to himself and just concentrated on US.

I agree Leeds were sneaky though.

Having watched the interview it seems to me that all SL was saying is that it shouldn't be condoned and should have a meaningful punishment. When asked what that should be he said a points deduction in his opinion. He also said that if Bielsa had asked for his staff to watch our training he would have been told no, but he went ahead and did so anyway (which Bielsa admitted), which isn't on.

I don't think he should have been led into giving his personal opinion the by the reporter and batted it off  but he did seem quite annoyed about it.

It'll blow over just like Leeds having a go at Wolves last season blew over but I do think the EFL/FA may be hard on Bielsa/Leeds.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

As a nation we are culturally the most honest nation in the world.

However...Football is a business, and Industrial espionage goes on all the time, especially in big business.

This is just another form of doing it. Yes...'it's not Cricket'...but every Club does it.

In many Countries it's seen as being clever, and very much approved. They would think you were mental if you didn't do it.

The only way it can really be governed is if the EFL etc, put in an actual law, where if caught and proven to be 'spying' a fine or points deduction is implemented.

Not just make it up as they go along. This is why teams do it...as there is no actual black and white consequence.

I disagree....I just think we think we are.  We as a country are a bit ‘holier than thou’.  All other country’s governments are corrupt but ours isn’t.  That was the view....we now know we are just as good/bad as everyone else.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I disagree....I just think we think we are.  We as a country are a bit ‘holier than thou’.  All other country’s governments are corrupt but ours isn’t.  That was the view....we now know we are just as good/bad as everyone else.

Oh I agree that we are definitely ' holier than thou' Dave...and corporations and Governments are no different.

However...I think in many other countries, cheating and corruption is far more rife lower down the pecking order.

I've had conversations with Italian, Spanish and Greek friends for example...what we see as cheating, they often see as being clever, and actually applaud the 'initiative'.

Even simple things like queueing...if you can get ahead, then good for you it seems.

They laugh at our ways...it's like speaking to people from another planet, they just don't get it.

Cheating in all parts of their lives is common practice. It's a daily activity.

Not saying it's right, but I've lived and witnessed abroad on many occasions.

The most corrupt being local government, majors and police. They'll do anything for money.

When it comes to business and sport, it's no different.

To back up my statement, I googled it and surveys carried out found us and the Japanese's to be the most honest nations.

Archived