IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 28

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And taylor. 

Not upset with Pato and Weimann though. Been playing their part in this streak. 

Why play Baker over Wright or Kelly though? Be off by HT I expect. 

Why FF over Max? Frank has not played a competitive match for about 8 months

Doesn't say much for LJ's confidence in Max does it?

Looks like Taylor is never going to be available for an extended period either. Shame, I would have picked him today to harry Forest's makeshift defence.

16 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I would have started Wright instead of Baker!

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't know what Bailey Wright has to do to get a start when Webster is out. And I don't know how many more mistakes Baker will have to make before he is relegated behind Bailey. I'd be delighted with a point now.

I think what this proves is that Kalas wants to play RCB, and Wright is his back-up.  Webster is our LCB, and Baker is his cover.

Baker is a more than good enough defender at this level, but we will know all we need to know about his attitude at 16:45 today.

The bigger surprise is Fielding over O’Leary.  Assuming this is straight selection decision, I'm a bit disappointed as I think Max deserves to replace Nicky over Frank.

Ultimately we have a squad for a reason.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Presumably Baker is seen as a more like for like Webster replacement than Wright?

Probably less likely to affect Kalas, personally I would have gone for BW instead too. Worked well at Stoke 

Edit: read @Davefevspost after I wrote this. He says what I meant, but better. 

25 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

In squad not sure if he starts

Reckon O Leary 

wrong

Feilding starts 

#BristolCity have been unable to call on Jack Hunt and Niki Mäenpää (calf strains), Adam Webster (ankle sprain), Matty Taylor (hip flexor) and Marley Watkins (ankle).

#FORvBRC

Oh no! Watkins is out!!!

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wright played very well at left centre back vs Stoke so I'm surprised Johnson has not stuck with him. Baker not been the same player for a year and I will be surprised if he doesn't come off at half time. He does so often usually away from home. 

Don’t disagree.  Baker not on the bench that day.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think what this proves is that Kalas wants to play RCB, and Wright is his back-up.  Webster is our LCB, and Baker is his cover.

Baker is a more than good enough defender at this level, but we will know all we need to know about his attitude at 16:45 today.

The bigger surprise is Fielding over O’Leary.  Assuming this is straight selection decision, I'm a bit disappointed as I think Max deserves to replace Nicky over Frank.

Ultimately we have a squad for a reason.

I would guess LJ has just gone for experience.  Oleary has to either go on loan or be trusted as back up, seems a bit of a no mans land at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Christ poor Fielding getting fair amount of  stick from those on social media! Little uncalled for, Niki much better don’t get me wrong! 

It's no wonder when a lot of his kicks go straight into touch, also Niki is much more confident at crosses and has better distribution. Frankie's shot stopping is good, but I'm still not full of confidence of him keeping Forest out.

Archived