IGNORED

Ratings v Forest

Davefevs

3 hours ago, megansdad said:

Harsh on Pato who I thought was pretty effective today and played a full part in first half dominance. Great team effort and excellent 3 points.

I actually agree, I was surprised when LJ subbed him, although a great team performance, I thought ODowda was wasteful today and Brownhill was nowhere near his best, but everybody certainly put in a shift and the overall performance was impressive.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Just seen Weimann’s interview.  Mentioned linking up with Palmer again, and maybe the ex-Derby men can get on each other’s wavelength and spark goals.

Something that's definitely been missing. If you have the run, you need someone to see it , and have the ability to hit them. I hope that the goal today is the first of many. Lovely team goal, and I love to see a pass to a forward in a better position. Brilliant goal. 

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Something that's definitely been missing. If you have the run, you need someone to see it , and have the ability to hit them. I hope that the goal today is the first of many. Lovely team goal, and I love to see a pass to a forward in a better position. Brilliant goal. 

It’s the kind of goal Brentford would score....Sawyers, putting in Watkins, who pulls it back for Maupay.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Honestly? Seeing as you asked, I’m not his biggest fan. He’s doing well at the moment though. Still nowhere near the football of the first half of last season, but I accept we’ve traded that for a built from the back approach. 

It wasn't a trick question, Fordy, more a case of how you've been towards LJ Ambivalent- abject critic- bit of a reluctant fan- unforgiving critic who would take "anyone" in place of LJ- now 'not his biggest fan'.

You represent a large minority or very small majority and I wonder what will convince you to support this Manager in the poor runs when the ultimate direction of his travel is and has been; upwards?

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It wasn't a trick question, Fordy, more a case of how you've been towards LJ Ambivalent- abject critic- bit of a reluctant fan- unforgiving critic who would take "anyone" in place of LJ- now 'not his biggest fan'.

You represent a large minority or very small majority and I wonder what will convince you to support this Manager in the poor runs when the ultimate direction of his travel is and has been; upwards?

It’s late. Let me get back to you tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Right... where to start. 

Firstly, for anyone reading this, I apologise. This is a thread about ratings from The Forest game. I certainly didn’t think I’d be airing my general views on LJ. 

@Marina's Rolls Royce, in December 2012, I got Norovirus. It started almost immediately after I had eaten chilli con carne. The vomit was that really unpleasant type where you’ve just eaten and the food is still solid. Really really nasty. To this day, I’ve still not had chilli con carne. I know it wasn’t in any way the CCC’s fault, but I just associate it with being desperately sick. 

When we lost 8 in a row, like many, I thought that Johnson should be sacked. I used to listen to all of his post match interviews, but during that spell he came up with so much clap trap, laid so much blame at other people’s feet, said “we go again” so many times and did that awkward giggle so often that it put me right off. It got to a point where i couldn’t listen to him. I still don’t. I know that this is irrational, but it’s something I can’t help. I even didn’t listen to him during the top of the league times  

When LJ was appointed, I wanted him to do well. I want all of our managers to do well. I still want him to do well now, but those really difficult times still resonate with me and maybe unfairly you might say, when bad times rear their head, I’m naturally on a Downer. 

Earlier this season we were desperately poor. We were registering one or no attempts on goal regularly. The football was awful and again I was of the opinion he should have been sacked. I think he may well have been had we not scraped past Ipswich. Although I would never want us to lose, part of me thought it might have been better off in the long run if we had. We didn’t and we now find ourselves on a very good run of results, I stand by the fact that some of the performances during the run haven’t been great, but they do seem to be getting better, which is good. I think that it could well be a valid point that some others on here have raised that we’ve sacrificed our good football for being much more resolute at the back, which perhaps I wasn’t initially able to see. 

So where am I now on Lee Johnson? I’ve always said that from Bristol City performances I only want us to not be shit. It’s not the highest benchmark in the world is it? I don’t mind when we lose and we’re good... I recall starting a “proud” thread when we lost to WBA at their place earlier this season. I genuinely thought we were excellent and I felt we had seen play befitting the team that was nipping at Wolves’ heels, so I’m certainly not all about the results. 

I reiterate that i want LJ to do well because that means that City do well, but I’m not sure I’ll ever be Johnson’s biggest fan. This may change over time, but I can’t quantify when it might occur. 

I think I’d be pretty fickle if a run of 11 unbeaten caused me to change my opinion to LJ is the Messiah, but I also realise that at 11 unbeaten, “anyone but Johnson” really isn’t rational thinking. 

I hope over time (and some excellent results and performances) I can come to lose this naturally negative stance I have on LJ because I know he supports the club and wants to do his best for us. I appreciate those of you who stick with him through thick & thin. I stand by the fact that any other manager would have been sacked definitely once at least and maybe that’s testament to SL’s patience and if anything I hope that he reaps the rewards of his trust in Johnson because he deserves it more than anyone. 

So yeh, that’s where I am at the moment... do I love Johnson? No. Can I see that he’s doing a decent job? Yes. Johnson out? No. That’s silly talk. Will I be Johnson out again in the future? I’d be surprised if I wasn’t, but let’s hope that’s not for a long while. 

Archived