IGNORED

Joe Bryan

LondonBristolian

14 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

What's getting and staying fit to do with ability or mindset?

Nobody has answered so … Everything. 

Joe Bryans unusual heading ability is the result of his mindset. His strength likewise. That ability, and that is what it is takes sacrifice. The player has taken his inherited talent + learned skills x mentality to reach the Premier league. 

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

I think somebody just compared Bristol City to Man Utd or Liverpool or Lazio or Roma.

Ciders ran amok between the ears.

Wasn’t comparing at all fella.. just trying to correct the person on this thread that says we are a tinpot/provincial fanbase because we are not jumping for joy at former players leaving and especially leaving to what would many call our main rivals..

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Footballing arrogance’ (Or the lesser ‘over confidence’ in his recovery abilities) is a better way of describing it

Much better put than I, good Sir.

I was of course referring to his public football persona, not him as an individual.

5 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Joe Bryans unusual heading ability is the result of his mindset. 

Though yet again yesterday his poor reading of the defensive game and his woeful positioning meant any heading ability he might have was null and void. Unless he's a 5 foot neck to extend the bloke nearer the ball will ever win out and no amount of strength and fitness training will result otherwise. Or perhaps his mindset leads him to believe he has the beating of opponents, when by his own admission he realises at the top level he doesn't.

I'd much rather see him competing for 50:50 headers in midfield.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Though yet again yesterday his poor reading of the defensive game and his woeful positioning meant any heading ability he might have was null and void. Unless he's a 5 foot neck to extend the bloke nearer the ball will ever win out and no amount of strength and fitness training will result otherwise. Or perhaps his mindset leads him to believe he has the beating of opponents, when by his own admission he realises at the top level he doesn't.

I'd much rather see him competing for 50:50 headers in midfield.

That is not the point you were making.  

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

That is not the point you were making.  

You wrote: "His work at back2action demonstrates he is a student. The bloke works on all parts of his game. That is how this little un in a game of he's too smalls got to where he is. Its a mindset of constant improvement. Interestingly while City players were on twitter up Whiteladies road, two were at Ashton Court training working on cardio - They were the two who moved to Premier league clubs. Both displaying a growth mindset the others lack.

The player may have reached his ceiling but he has stretched far more than others to reach it who do not"

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't 'back2action' a gym (sic) in Ashton Court that's just been given an eviction notice? You, not I , reference cardio. So other than fitness what else has Joe learned there, tactics, footballing nuance? 'Growth mindset', what's that when it's at home? If you were suggesting he kept himself in top shape and worked toward his fitness goals you'd be right. But student? Was he reading books to pass the time when on the treadmill? If so they weren't coaching manuals on  how to defend. Point I made was that his footballing nous, his mindset if you will at knowing how to outsmart his opponent, certainly didn't develop pumping iron or bouncing medicine balls. The fact he thinks one can switch off in The Championship - student, growth mindset? I'd rather a full back on the lash who knows how to defend.

On 20/01/2019 at 18:16, Kevin Brady said:

No it wasn’t. Just got caught by an extra yard start. Hardly appalling 

It was shocking ... switched off, got caught the wrong side of him .. if he was playing for us and did that he’d be hung out !! 

It’s so embarrassing when bitter people on here hope he gets relegated    

He got 7 million put into our bank , he gave his all and has a great attitude. I’ve dealt with him a year ago and he is a down to earth fella who couldn’t do enough for my cause.  

Fulham would have scouted him so they knew what they were getting .... a great professional, good going forward but has s tendency to switch off at the back    That’s down to Fulham to coach him out of that.  To be fair he also put s shift in playing wing back and it was probably a BIt if mental fatigue    

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

You wrote: "His work at back2action demonstrates he is a student. The bloke works on all parts of his game. That is how this little un in a game of he's too smalls got to where he is. Its a mindset of constant improvement. Interestingly while City players were on twitter up Whiteladies road, two were at Ashton Court training working on cardio - They were the two who moved to Premier league clubs. Both displaying a growth mindset the others lack.

The player may have reached his ceiling but he has stretched far more than others to reach it who do not"

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't 'back2action' a gym (sic) in Ashton Court that's just been given an eviction notice? You, not I , reference cardio. So other than fitness what else has Joe learned there, tactics, footballing nuance? 'Growth mindset', what's that when it's at home? If you were suggesting he kept himself in top shape and worked toward his fitness goals you'd be right. But student? Was he reading books to pass the time when on the treadmill? If so they weren't coaching manuals on  how to defend. Point I made was that his footballing nous, his mindset if you will at knowing how to outsmart his opponent, certainly didn't develop pumping iron or bouncing medicine balls. The fact he thinks one can switch off in The Championship - student, growth mindset? I'd rather a full back on the lash who knows how to defend.

What's getting and staying fit to do with ability or mindset? Again everything. Fitness and ability are driven by mindset. 

Bristol City have had a lot of piss artists and … Because they did not have that growth mindset to make sacrifices and do more to progress they did not reach the level Bryan and Reid have. 

12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

It’s so embarrassing when bitter people on here hope he gets relegated    

He got 7 million put into our bank , he gave his all and has a great attitude. I’ve dealt with him a year ago and he is a down to earth fella who couldn’t do enough for my cause.  

Fulham would have scouted him so they knew what they were getting .... a great professional, good going forward but has s tendency to switch off at the back    That’s down to Fulham to coach him out of that.  To be fair he also put s shift in playing wing back and it was probably a BIt if mental fatigue    

Swear he was fulhams second option and only signed after their first choice fell through ? 

Leading me to believe the first choice would of been heavilly scouted reported , jb less so .

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Swear he was fulhams second option and only signed after their first choice fell through ? 

Leading me to believe the first choice would of been heavilly scouted reported , jb less so .

You could say Fulham missed their Targett

Image result for ba dum tss gif

Archived