IGNORED

Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

Thought Bolton started brightly and were good value for their well taken goal, although Da Silva looked guilty of losing his marker.

Great bounce back though - 2 well taken goals, especially Eliasson’s. 

COD for me, the most effective i’ve seen him for as long as I can remember.

Kalas class. Baker and Wright looking solid.

Felt like we were getting over-run a bit in midfield, but that improved as the half did. Missed Brownhill in that sense perhaps, but don’t want to blame Morrell because I thought he had a pretty effective half.

Key for me is how much better we look with Kasey Palmer. Thought we played some really good stuff at times and he was central to so much. The guy just has that turn of pace to glide past people and he just makes things happen around him. Great vision, and for me the ref missed him being crunched around 40 mins (despite taking the ball the trailing leg aimed cynically and unnaturally at Palmer IMO) - it looked like Bolton’s approach was to just take him out if they can’t tackle him. 

30 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think the Serbian commentators On Hesgoal Just said

Kasey Palmer is a geeegalo - the Englise Ultras invite him to **** their wifeys ..... 

<<pedant mode on>>

It's Bulgarian

<<pedant mode off>>

I think it translated as "Let's have these northern monkeys"......

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Thought Bolton started brightly and were good value for their well taken goal, although Da Silva looked guilty of losing his marker.

Great bounce back though - 2 well taken goals, especially Eliasson’s. 

COD for me, the most effective i’ve seen him for as long as I can remember.

Kalas class. Baker and Wright looking solid.

Felt like we were getting over-run a bit in midfield, but that improved as the half did. Missed Brownhill in that sense perhaps, but don’t want to blame Morrell because I thought he had a pretty effective half.

Key for me is how much better we look with Kasey Palmer. Thought we played some really good stuff at times and he was central to so much. The guy just has that turn of pace to glide past people and he just makes things happen around him. Great vision, and for me the ref missed him being crunched around 40 mins (despite taking the ball the trailing leg aimed cynically and unnaturally at Palmer IMO) - it looked like Bolton’s approach was to just take him out if they can’t tackle him. 

Excellent first half summary IMO, the only thing I ‘d add is that we look very square at the back. An open game that looks to have more goals in it, Bolton certainly looking more of a threat than when we played them a couple of weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to credit the Bolton Players

Playing under a really difficult situation , wages delayed etc etc

Yet in both games they’ve shown spirit Tbf to them - seen plenty of sets of players give far less

Agree Bob but surely you give 100% for your own professional pride alone . The club/fans come after. Be the best you can be. 

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

HT.

Sloppy start, then good City.

Have to wonder if FF was even awake when the ball that led to their goal was passed. I hate to be negative but Niki is a massive upgrade on Frankie, I hope LJ plays Niki for the rest of the season.

On the positive side, we look class going forward, Morrel looking like he'd fit in well with Walsh and Brownhill. Palmer looking like a huge upgrade on Patterson, the 2 wide lads are on fire, LJ is going to have a nice headache selecting his best 11 when all are fit.

Dare I say it but I think we could be darkhorses for the play offs.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to credit the Bolton Players

Playing under a really difficult situation , wages delayed etc etc

Yet in both games they’ve shown spirit Tbf to them - seen plenty of sets of players give far less

Ozil might do well to pay attention...

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Have to wonder if FF was even awake when the ball that led to their goal was passed. I hate to be negative but Niki is a massive upgrade on Frankie, I hope LJ plays Niki for the rest of the season.

On the positive side, we look class going forward, Morrel looking like he'd fit in well with Walsh and Brownhill. Palmer looking like a huge upgrade on Patterson, the 2 wide lads are on fire, LJ is going to have a nice headache selecting his best 11 when all are fit.

Dare I say it but I think we could be darkhorses for the play offs.

That's harsh on FF, though agree NM is superior.

Archived