IGNORED

BBC no mention of city result

keflav

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

I was listening to BBC Five Live on the way home, they didn't mention our result, but I did hear them make reference to the rugby team, "Bristol", who by all accounts also had a narrow 2-1 victory over a team from Bolton. How curious.

Love your avatar, missus and me used to have ST's at La Roselada years ago. Fine team

11 hours ago, keflav said:

What annoyed me was little or no mention of city's win ?? understand lots of extra time in game on BBC bit not not even the score given let alone the goals..

Blame Graham Norton. OB team only realised once the match finally finished they wouldn't be allowed to over-run due to Graham's contract. He MUST be on air by 2240 - I kid you not.

Which is why they abruptly ended without all the usual things, including our goals edit!

2 hours ago, Bizyer said:

In fact, not only did we not get a mention but the end of Match of the Day Gary Lineker said that Man United was the FIRST team through to the 5th Round whereas we had been through a good 20 minutes earlier.:grr:

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I asked a mate who isn't City whether the BBC had showed highlights of the City game at half time and he said no, they showed highlights of another Arsenal Man Utd game from 25 years ago. ? I don't know if this is true but it does not surprise me, the BBC bangs on about the magic of the cup, but once they get to the third round it becomes one big circle jerk over the big teams.

Your mate is correct, Ole. I thought the exact same thing. The half time score, being the same as the Arsenal Man U game, was briefly mentioned but nothing at all at Full Time. Indeed, as the coverage finished the commentator said that the fourth round weekend has kicked off with an exciting encounter won by Man U.

It is all very well giving Prem clubs massive coverage and excusing this by saying that they are the elite. However, the FA Cup isn't played on a league basis. Teams in the fourth round have achieved as much as each other in getting there, indeed some have achieved more, those being the smallest clubs. The BBC like to promote The Romance of the Cup, particularly in rounds one and two and the final preliminary round. But as soon as the elite of the Prem become involved in Round 3, it is like these smaller Romantic clubs no longer exist. The BBC can't even spare the breath to give out a final score involving them or get their facts right. Bristol City were first into the 5th round, Man U were second. But viewers, according to the BBC, are now only interested in Man U so it is Man U who kick off the fourth round weekend and Man U who are the first to reach the 5th round. Why bother mentioning Bristol City when that space can be used to say the words Manchester United a bit more.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Both City goals were on BBC Local news at 22:25pm

and on the BBC News channel (Sky 503) in the 22.30 Sports round up. Interestingly they showed all four goals from the Arsenal game, but only City's from ours. Bolton fans have cause to complain.

8 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Same got home from work 22.45 turned on SS news not even a mention.

No surprise there. Due to Sky not having the rights to the FA Cup they do their best to pretend it doesn`t exist. apart from the Soccer Special games where they have to cover the scores or look pretty stupid they do try and forget it`s happening.

On 25/01/2019 at 22:37, keflav said:

Watched city match on stream tonight (well done lads) but had BBC one on TV too... What annoyed me was little or no mention of city's win ?? understand lots of extra time in game on BBC bit not not even the score given let alone the goals.... 

The main news comes on and sport section goes into arsenal v man u game and again not even a mention of city... This is disgraceful from the BBC on all front at least mention the score, I know we're not a premium team but as first team into 5th round survey worth mentioning...????

What is the meaning of "under the radar"?

The meaning of "under the radar" is:

doing something without other people noticing.............................................

On 26/01/2019 at 09:18, Olé said:

I asked a mate who isn't City whether the BBC had showed highlights of the City game at half time and he said no, they showed highlights of another Arsenal Man Utd game from 25 years ago. ? I don't know if this is true but it does not surprise me, the BBC bangs on about the magic of the cup, but once they get to the third round it becomes one big circle jerk over the big teams.

We got a tiny mention at the end of half time but nothing at full time, not even score updates in the first half when the goals were going in (admittedly we kicked off 10mins earlier but still nothing discussed in the studio).

Complete overkill by BBC, even worse on talkSport who did a 3hr build up programme to the game, you'd have thought it was the end of football as we know it.

Archived