IGNORED

Shrews/Wolves? Ticket Prices Confirmed (Merged)

RedLionLad

3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

We owe Wolves for last season - or rather LJ owes Santos - LJ lost us the game by keeping Flint forward - I would imagine he’d be foaming at the mouth to put that right!!!!!

Think Frankie and maggers had more fault than LJ keeping flint up front.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Think Frankie and maggers had more fault than LJ keeping flint up front.

Those individuals were at fault for sure, but their errors were (imho) as a result of a tactical mistake putting them under pressure on the break against a team who were expert at this. 

I’m very much pro-LJ but I think he got it wrong that night and if it were me I’d be desperate for a rematch!!!!

12 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Those individuals were at fault for sure, but their errors were (imho) as a result of a tactical mistake putting them under pressure on the break against a team who were expert at this. 

I’m very much pro-LJ but I think he got it wrong that night and if it were me I’d be desperate for a rematch!!!!

Even at the time I was saying it was incredibly niave.

First half, after the sending off Wolves had played deep, but had looked very comfortable. LJ rolled the dice and put Flint up top, and we got the break through. At 1-0, against ten men, what possessed him to continue with that I have no idea. Right up there with his very worst mistakes in my view. Got a lot right, but not that one. Let's hope we can put it right.

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd be surprised if it is on TV. But depends...how many get picked? Chelsea v Man Utd obviously will be on. Man City probably get picked whoever they play. Wimbledon v Millwall could be good on TV. Donny v Palace is a big gap. TV will probably go for those 4 before they get to us. Add to that if Barnet get through (2-2) as I type then I'd have thought their game against Swansea would be of more interest than ours...I can't see us v Wolves or Shrewsbury being that big a draw.

I don’t think the tv companies will want to risk Millwall somehow. 

I think the Prem team will be picked regardless of who they play, so we will be in with a chance with Wolves, but equally they will be hoping Shrewsbury will pull off a shock too. We didn’t feature in the last round of tv matches so I think we will be in with a chance.

How many matches are covered anyway, last round they had loads. Is it less this time? If not they will probably put most of them on anyway

6 hours ago, cityexile said:

Even at the time I was saying it was incredibly niave.

First half, after the sending off Wolves had played deep, but had looked very comfortable. LJ rolled the dice and put Flint up top, and we got the break through. At 1-0, against ten men, what possessed him to continue with that I have no idea. Right up there with his very worst mistakes in my view. Got a lot right, but not that one. Let's hope we can put it right.

You and many others. Had we had been 1-0 up at ht would he have put flinty up front? Of course not. 

I made the point at the recent fans forum that he should of bought flint back at 1-0 and in my opinion it cost us the game.  LJ said that he was going for the second goal to kill then off and it’s easy with hindsight. I said it not hindsight as I and many others said it at the time. 

5 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Wasn’t it the 3rd or 4th round as it was played the beginning of January 

My bad, Cambridge was the 5th round game, drew 0-0 first game, then 1-1 replay then lost 5-1 in second replay, must have felt like longer as we started in 1st round!  I went to Swindon away game which must have been 3rd round which we won 2-1 from memory, also went to Chelsea 3-1 and Cambridge first game, all in my first season as a fan, and we got promoted!

31 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

My bad, Cambridge was the 5th round game, drew 0-0 first game, then 1-1 replay then lost 5-1 in second replay, must have felt like longer as we started in 1st round!  I went to Swindon away game which must have been 3rd round which we won 2-1 from memory, also went to Chelsea 3-1 and Cambridge first game, all in my first season as a fan, and we got promoted!

The Swindon game was at home...

A certain very young Dion Dublin was the star for Cambridge.  Wasn't there a penalty shoot-out to decide the location of the second replay?

2 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

With our record of beating 5 Premier League teams in the last 18 months at Ashton Gate i'd be astonished if we're not chosen for TV for this game.

Be astonished............

I’d be surprised if our game is live on TV.

12 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

We owe Wolves for last season - or rather LJ owes Santos - LJ lost us the game by keeping Flint forward - I would imagine he’d be foaming at the mouth to put that right!!!!!

For me it's Fielding who owes us for that one and in fact for the wheels coming off our promotion challenge.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Even if they show 6 games over the weekend?

Neither us or Wolves are ‘big’ outside of our own areas and the Shrews even less so. Not much interest for a national audience and that’s what the TV companies want - decent viewing fugures.

I guess there’s a slight possibility if the Shrews get past Wolves as there’d be a chance of an upset at AG but that's about the only reason we might get broadcast live.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Neither us or Wolves are ‘big’ outside of our own areas and the Shrews even less so. Not much interest for a national audience and that’s what the TV companies want - decent viewing fugures.

I guess there’s a slight possibility if the Shrews get past Wolves as there’d be a chance of an upset at AG but that's about the only reason we might get broadcast live.

BT Showed Accrington v Derby and Barnet v Brentford.

42 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

For me it's Fielding who owes us for that one and in fact for the wheels coming off our promotion challenge.

I thought it was Pack showboating near our goal line and then giving them the free kick that led to their last minute winner?

38 minutes ago, Super said:

BT Showed Accrington v Derby and Barnet v Brentford.

Chance of an upset in both of those- Non League in Barnet's case makes it TV worthy and Accrington-Derby less so but still small club, went bankrupt 50 odd years ago Accrington

No USP really with us v Shrewsbury or Wolves. Would say Shrewsbury-Wolves, bit of a derby, lower part of League 1 v top half PL may have been TV worthy more than Accrington-Derby and why put Palace-Tottenham on- a game where both play in PL season in, season out?

5th round last season this is what was on:

Chelsea v Hull City

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County or Swansea City

Huddersfield Town or Birmingham City v Manchester United

Millwall or Rochdale v Newport County or Tottenham Hotspur

Wigan Athletic v Manchester City

Not chosen:

Leicester v Sheff Utd

Brighton v Coventry

West Brom v Southampton

Based on that - we won't be on.

13 hours ago, daored said:

In form championship team against a decent premier league team away from home.

This round seven ties were televised 

I would suspect:

Chelsea / Utd

Wimbldon / Milwall 

Donny / Palace 

Pompey or QPR / Watford 

Boro or Newport / Man City 

If Barnet win I suspect their game against Swansea will be shown, if not and Wolves win replay probably be our game 

They can't wait for all the replays before deciding though, can they? At least, not waiting til then before fixing dates etc. They'll have to take a chance (assume Wolves and cheating Brentford win) and then make a last minute change to the match, but not the date, if something unexpected happens.

Archived